Thread: Which prospects to drop??

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Which prospects to drop??

Here\'s a list of my prospects, now I need to drop down to 19 which means I need to drop 2.

Maybe I could package 2 of my prospects in exchange for a valuable RW that I could use on my main team? I\'m in need of 2 RW\'s and a C to fill my roster completely.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

C
    Shawn Matthias
    Mikael Backlund
    T.J. Hensick
    Justin Azevedo
    JS Allard

LW
    Andreas Nodl
    Patric Hornqvist
    Mark Santorelli
    Dick Axelsson

RW
    Jakub Voracek
    Alexei Cherepanov
    Igor Makarov
    Cory Emmerton

D
    Alex Goligoski
    Cody Franson
    Josh Godfrey

Goal
    Tuukka Rask
    Ben Bishop
    Brian Elliot
    Riku Helenius
    Michael Leighton
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Dobber Sports Ace

Can you move Voracek to your main roster? If so that takes care of one slot.

Personally Emmerton would be my drop just because there are so many guys ahead of him in Detroit (including Axelsson). Allard (very long term) and Azevedo (boom/bust potential) would be my next selections.

Could you package Cherepanov with someone to get a RW back? I have some reservations about him long term (can you say KHL?)
    Dyn H2H (14 tm) - Start 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, Bench - 8, Farm - 20 (less than 100 GP) Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, SOG, STP, H+B, TOI, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO

Dobber Sports Pro

If you can, wait until camps end late spetember. Matthias, Hensick, Hornquist, Voracek, Makarov, and Michael Leighton are all vying for roster spots on their teams. The Carolina back up job is Leighton\'s to loose with no real competition (Nastiuk ...). Hensick will be there for sure of Sakic doesn\'t return, and may force himself into the line up anyway. He\'s ready. Columbus are missing 2 RWs on their roster, and that\'s after assuming Nash switches to right wing on the top line. Makarov can play LW and they have an opening on the Lang-Havlat line with Versteeg and Bickell, their natural LWs, more suited for the 3rd line. If he\'s physically and mentally ready, there\'s only Jack Skille to outplay. Hornquist has a roster spot to lose coming into the season as Sullivan\'s injury replacement, and it\'s unclear how long that\'ll take. Florida have an opening on the 2nd line, likely at center, with Matthias competing with the less physically mature Frolik for it.

So, unless you feel you need your active roster needs to be filled up with top-end production this year (i.e., you are in win-now mode) I would just wait and promote youngsters to fill the roster after camps. All those 6 (perhaps except Makarov) are fairly high percentage to make their teams this October, at least high percentage enough to gamble 3 of them will, and 2-3 could be the positions you need (Hensick or Matthias, Voracek and maybe Makarov).
    Rebulding in two lifetime keepers, squads to follow ...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Shop around Cherry and Emmerton together in a package... If I had a choice I always drop centers first.. as they have the least amount of value if its a position league..

So my plans would be of the fallowing.. trade cherry and emmerton and either throw Azevedo in the deal or drop him.. you have enough center depth imo..