Thread: Luca Caputi

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Luca Caputi

I know he has a high upside but is he in line to get one one of the big lines in a few years? Pittsburgh surprisingly lacks depth now so is the path a lot easier now?

I know he has a good ranking for prospects and I need defensive help and am not sure if I should part with him to get one or move someone else and get a lesser dman.

Any insight is appreciated.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Luca Caputi

All I know is that I have a huge mancrush on him. He\'s improved on his skating and will continue to improve it, as well as play away from the puck. He has the goalscoring touch and can dangle a bit as well. Those things can\'t really be taught. What he\'s lacking is teachable and he will learn it with the baby Pens in the AHL. The Pens need big scoring leftwingers after this year and I think he\'ll put in 30-some points in 09/10 as a fulltime rookie bouncing between the 2nd and 3rd line. After watching him play, I really think his game is made for the NHL. He uses his body well to protect the puck and get in position for scoring chances. If he would start using his size to intimidate often, I would love him even more. I think Dobber is spot on about the upside of 85 points.
    GO WINGS!