Thread: Sneaky Seguin, the Future Face of the NHL?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Sneaky Seguin, the Future Face of the NHL?

After an 84 point campaign last season, is it crazy to think Tyler Seguin could be the future face of the league?

http://goo.gl/OKvfsD

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Sneaky Seguin, the Future Face of the NHL?

The forecaster thinks so! While he may score more, from watching Dallas games give me Benn..

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by ASquared View Post
    After an 84 point campaign last season, is it crazy to think Tyler Seguin could be the future face of the league?

http://goo.gl/OKvfsD
    Ahhh. That's cute...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Anyone think Modano's prediction of Seguin topping his franchise single points record will come true? Let's not forget, he was 4th in the league in scoring last year. Could very well explode with a much more talented supporting cast.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Acquiring Spezza will be a boon to Seguin AND Benn. Spezza has mad offensive skills and should also help on the power play. 93 points will be surpassed by one or both of Seguin and Benn. Nill has done a fantastic job with this team.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Acquiring Spezza will be a boon to Seguin AND Benn. Spezza has mad offensive skills and should also help on the power play. 93 points will be surpassed by one or both of Seguin and Benn. Nill has done a fantastic job with this team.
    I couldn't agree more. Although I do find Seguin to be better than Benn.

Dobber Sports Padawan

He's tapped out. Was motivated last year to prove the Bruins wrong for trading him, ala Hart Trophy Joe Thornton of 2005. He now he will go back to partying like Mike Richards.

Yes I am a bruins fan. Yes I am still bitter.
    WHL (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.25), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Braham Pietasters
    C(3): Barkov, Seguin, N.Schmaltz
    LW(3): Gaudreau, Pacioretty, Hinostroza
    RW(3): Radulov, Mantha, Dadonov
    F(3): Bailey, Thornton, Vanek
    D(6): Josi, Jones, Krug, Leddy, Ellis, Miller
    G(1): Bishop (Sparks)
    Bench: T. Wilson (RW), Boyle (C), Pirri (C), Boyd (C)
    Farm: Myers (D), Husso (G), Soderstrom (G), Petersen (G), Anderson-Dolan (C), Pilut (D), Capobianco (D), Aho (D)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by glorybe23 View Post
    He's tapped out. Was motivated last year to prove the Bruins wrong for trading him, ala Hart Trophy Joe Thornton of 2005. He now he will go back to partying like Mike Richards.

Yes I am a bruins fan. Yes I am still bitter.
    Hahaha, love it. The only problem is..... Mike Richards went onto win a 2nd Stanley Cup last year after "proving the Flyers wrong." Sorry I had to be that guy.

Dobber Sports Ace

I think Seguin will actually have less points this season than he did last year.

After losing in the first round of the playoffs last year Jim Nill did what he felt he needed to do. Get more depth at center.

Dallas was a one line team all season. Having Spezza and Hemsky added to the mix will alleviate some of the pressure on the top line to produce.

Think of it like Pittsburgh. When Malkin and Crosby are both healthy and in the lineup the team is better but their individual point production suffers, slightly. When one of the two is injured the other seems to flourish.

I see the same scenario in Dallas this year. Spezza is a fantastic player with a ton of skill. Playing weaker competition as a second line center will really help his numbers and help Dallas take the next step.

All the top teams have a solid one-two pinch up the middle.

Bergeron Krejci
    Kopitar Carter
    Getzlaf Kesler
    Crosby Malkin
    Bozak Kadri (sorry had to do it) lol

But you get the idea.

Seguin will be great and get his 79-82 points. Same for Benn. But some of the projections for this guy are little high IMO.

Also, I agree there may have been some extra motivation for him last season.

But we will see I guess.

I'd still take him early. But not before
    Crosby
    Stamkos
    Tavares
    Ovechkin
    Malkin
    Getzlaf
    Giroux
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Big Baby View Post
    I think Seguin will actually have less points this season than he did last year.

After losing in the first round of the playoffs last year Jim Nill did what he felt he needed to do. Get more depth at center.

Dallas was a one line team all season. Having Spezza and Hemsky added to the mix will alleviate some of the pressure on the top line to produce.

Think of it like Pittsburgh. When Malkin and Crosby are both healthy and in the lineup the team is better but their individual point production suffers, slightly. When one of the two is injured the other seems to flourish.

I see the same scenario in Dallas this year. Spezza is a fantastic player with a ton of skill. Playing weaker competition as a second line center will really help his numbers and help Dallas take the next step.

All the top teams have a solid one-two pinch up the middle.

Bergeron Krejci
    Kopitar Carter
    Getzlaf Kesler
    Crosby Malkin
    Bozak Kadri (sorry had to do it) lol

But you get the idea.

Seguin will be great and get his 79-82 points. Same for Benn. But some of the projections for this guy are little high IMO.

Also, I agree there may have been some extra motivation for him last season.

But we will see I guess.

I'd still take him early. But not before
    Crosby
    Stamkos
    Tavares
    Ovechkin
    Malkin
    Getzlaf
    Giroux
    Very good points, and something to definitely keep in mind. I have a hard time thinking that's what'll definitely happen though, since I think it could go either way. He could decline in points for the reasons you stated, or he could increase in production because the pressure has been alleviated somewhat.

Dobber Sports Genius

Although Seguin has a higher points ceiling, I really see Benn as the identity of this team.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by rainydrinkwater View Post
    Although Seguin has a higher points ceiling, I really see Benn as the identity of this team.
    Hard to say the Stars disagree with you. He is their captain, after all. I'm sure that'll change in the upcoming years, however.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by ASquared View Post
    Hard to say the Stars disagree with you. He is their captain, after all. I'm sure that'll change in the upcoming years, however.
    Maybe, but what will change in the upcoming years that will change the situation? I think Benn is more mature (and three years older) and maybe more driven than Seguin. I don't remember Benn's character, etc. being questioned the same way Seguin was in Boston. It will be fun to follow this for sure.