Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: What the hell America?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: What the hell America?

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    that is the most abnormal post I've ever read.

if you can't distinguish swimming and biking from f-ing around with a loaded weapon. Then you should get yourself to a psych ward fast.

someone else already mentioned that earlier
    If you can't distinguish shooting a gun at clay pigeons with proper safety standards in place to careening down the side of a mountain not wearing a helmet then you should get yourself to a psych ward fast.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    I'm staying out of the gun talk, but deeming things normal or not normal has got to be the worst possible way to argue a point. Who exactly is in charge of deeming one thing normal and another not? You? The majority? What does that have to do with it anyway? Silly.

You have been making a lot of generally ignorant statements as well. Nobody outside of North America deems gun use as 'normal'?
    not typically no.

in Europe it's not normal to have guns laying around in your house to use at your advantage when your neighbor calls you an idiot for parking double.

so there is nothing ignorant about that. If you can find me some evidence that what I am saying is not true, be my guest.

It is pretty common sense to distinguish between swimming, biking and gun play.

as I said before, if you can't distinguish. PLEASE go see a doctor

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    That was never in doubt! It was more a question of 'Is shooting an Uzi for fun recreationally better that riding your bike on a crazy highway with psycho drivers, where you could potentially crack your skull open and even kill an innocent child who is walking down the street.
    riding your bike on a highway is not considered normal.

But in Canada I know there is little choice, as they don't have biking infrastructure. However, in Netherlands (and other parts of Europe) this is not an issue, as there are biking paths like there are highways.

Banned

If you can't distinguish shooting a gun at clay pigeons with proper safety standards in place to careening down the side of a mountain not wearing a helmet then you should get yourself to a psych ward fast.
    I can definitely see the difference. However, shooting clay pigeons doesn't happen with an uzi I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong though..

Dobber Sports Ninja

You know what's not normal? Only being offered one bloody cookie at a Dutch person's house. What's with that? Or peanut butter sandwiches with chili sauce? The Dutch have some serious issues.

Dobber Sports Ace

what about careening down the side of a mountain not wearing a helmet and yelling "PULL" every 20 secs while trying to nail the soaring clay pigeons one-handed?
    14 team H2H fantasy points league
    G=3 A=2 PPP=1.5 PIM/Hits/BS=0.25
    W=4 SO=6 GA=-1.25 SV=0.15

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by vitun-tyhmä View Post
    what about careening down the side of a mountain not wearing a helmet and yelling "PULL" every 20 secs while trying to nail the soaring clay pigeons one-handed?
    Sounds like a typical small town Friday night.

Banned

You know what's not normal? Only being offered one bloody cookie at a Dutch person's house. What's with that? Or peanut butter sandwiches with chili sauce? The Dutch have some serious issues.
    you must not go to the right dutch place.

I don't know anyone who eats peanut butter and chili sauce sandwiches... However, chocolate sprinkles is a different story.

There is a reason why Europeans are less fat than north americans. Perhaps cause we only eat 1 cookie, and don't eat a 1 box of cookies per sitting.

Dobber Sports Star

in Europe it's not normal to have guns laying around in your house to use at your advantage when your neighbor calls you an idiot for parking double.

so there is nothing ignorant about that. If you can find me some evidence that what I am saying is not true, be my guest.

You seem to think the world only consists of North America and Europe. The barbarian North Americans who love guns and the civilized Europeans who don't.

Believe it or not, there are other parts of the world where guns are considered very 'normal'. Not everybody gets to live a life of relative peace, and not everybody gets their food wrapped in cellophane...

I don't know where you get your 1-dimensional information, but maybe you should be the one to go see a doctor.

Dobber Sports Ninja

The barbarian North Americans who love guns and the civilized Europeans who don't.
    You forgot fat. Don't forget fat.

I actually find this thread really funny now.

Banned

You seem to think the world only consists of North America and Europe. The barbarian North Americans who love guns and the civilized Europeans who don't.

Believe it or not, there are other parts of the world where guns are considered very 'normal'. Not everybody gets to live a life of relative peace, and not everybody gets their food wrapped in cellophane...

I don't know where you get your 1-dimensional information, but maybe you should be the one to go see a doctor.
    not forgetting that. I am well aware of asia, Australia and middle east disaster countries.

But for argument sakes I am sticking to Europe vs. North America.

Dobber Sports Star

It is quite funny actually. A lot of people unable or unwilling to see the issue from both sides. It has to be one of the most polarizing issues out there and it's always entertaining.

Banned

You forgot fat. Don't forget fat.

This may be a wild guess, but I am suspecting that you have never been to Europe? Where the largest McDonalds coke is a medium size here?

Yes a lot of North Americans are fat, obese, or overweight whatever you wanna call it . That is a fact, not an accusation

Dobber Sports Star

not forgetting that. I am well aware of asia, Australia and middle east disaster countries.

Don't forget Africa, I think they have a couple guns lying around - mostly just rec-room mantelpiece decor though.

Banned

It is quite funny actually. A lot of people unable or unwilling to see the issue from both sides. It has to be one of the most polarizing issues out there and it's always entertaining.
    I know right, it's kind of like ALS is not a worthy charity and you prefer to have world hunger solved first.