Thread: SHP

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Lightbulb SHP

Hey guys - wanting to be able to target SHP with consistency, it seems like such a crapshoot but if you get the SHP you basically can bank on the category win.

Any thoughts on how to secure this more than 50% of the time?

Last season Tyler Johnson was able to win me a playoff spot with his explosion of SHP in one week.

I know drafting specific PKers with speed might be a good strategy (i.e. grabner, Raymond), however, is there a particular strategy you guys go about to getting this category?

Thanks in advance!
    8 person H2H, 25 man rosters:

LW: JT Miller, B. Tkachuk, E. Kane, Pacioretty, N. Foligno,
    C: McDavid, Larkin, Monahan, Eriksson Ek, P. Suter,
    RW: Lindholm, Perron, J. Anderson, Hornqvist, Duchene, Necas

D: Josi, Poink, Chiarot, Larsson, OEL, Leddy

G: Varlamov, Reimer, Kakhonen
    IR: Parayko, Francouz

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, FOW, HIT, BLK
    W, L, GAA, SV%, SHO

Administrator

Default Re: SHP

I don't worry about it too much personally. Some fantasy-relevant players have a long track record of getting solid PK minutes. I think that's your best bet. I am in a multi-category league where top two-way players move up the charts which allows teams to position themselves for SHP to an extent.

Using your TJ example... what if he is suddenly shifted to a more offensive role and no longer gets the PK minutes? It really is a crap shoot.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ace

It's guys who play the PK and are offensively gifted and have good speed; you'll always find guys like Bergeron, Marchand, Toews. McDonough gets quite a few too I've noticed which is less common for defensemen. It's definitely a crapshoot category but if you're trying to choose between two otherwise equal players it can't hurt to pick one of these guys
    14 team H2H fantasy points league
    G=3 A=2 PPP=1.5 PIM/Hits/BS=0.25
    W=4 SO=6 GA=-1.25 SV=0.15

Dobber Sports Veteran

I would just go by average PK time per game. Look up their PK ice time on nhl.com and away you go. Don't target it, but consider it as a final deciding factor in all trades and draft picks.

Dobber Sports Guru

I wrote about this a few months ago. http://hockey.dobbersports.com/Fanta...-point-players

Hossa is easily the top choice. He's had at least three shorthanded points in each of the last five years (the only player to do so).

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Immortal

The only league Im in with SHP has about 14 categories so I don't even worry about it when drafting. Obviously if I'm trying to decide between two guys and one is on the PK more, then yes I'll go with him. But if it's down to a guy who has a couple SHP the year before vs a guy who has a lots of hits and PIM, Im taking the two categories.

As said above, the Hawks are always a great source.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    The only league Im in with SHP has about 14 categories so I don't even worry about it when drafting. Obviously if I'm trying to decide between two guys and one is on the PK more, then yes I'll go with him. But if it's down to a guy who has a couple SHP the year before vs a guy who has a lots of hits and PIM, Im taking the two categories.

As said above, the Hawks are always a great source.
    Very true. I'm in a league with 20 categories. Stuff like GWG, SHP and our new one TK/GV ratio, is hard to plan for. I just leave that to chance. Although it will probably have a little bit of influence on my roster decisions. Tyler Johnson is one of my bubble guys, so depending on who I'm deciding on, his SHP potential is very much a factor for my decision.
    GO WINGS!