Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trading for Benn

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Trading for Benn

I have now answers that haven't already been mentioned, but have to follow up your qusetion with another one. I think your whole venture is futile (but I may be wrong, pls let me know if I'm missing something):

What's the benefit of owning a duo/trio from the same team or even same line? In my calculation this doesn't help, I even try to avoid this: As you posted, it's nice if three of your players get a point on one single goal, but at the end of the year their total of points still stays the same. The only thing this does for you is that you're more likely to get your points in spades (if said team/line has a high scoring game) as well as extended scoring droughts. If said team gets shut out, you have 3 players with a zero, nothing gained at the end of the year... So I'd rather have players from as many different NHL teams as possible in order to have a more steady flow of scoring....

Did I miss something here?

On a smaller note: I'd quit a league where managers never answer emails. Even if the pay, it's just no fun and there are enough good leagues with active puckheads around - join one of these!
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jankowski(C)
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson, Armia
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Zadorov, Moser, Cernak, Siegenthaler, Stanley
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Pickard

50 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, L.Bichsel, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, M.Pospisil, N.Huuhtannen, E.Soderblom,...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan View Post
    I have now answers that haven't already been mentioned, but have to follow up your qusetion with another one. I think your whole venture is futile (but I may be wrong, pls let me know if I'm missing something):

What's the benefit of owning a duo/trio from the same team or even same line? In my calculation this doesn't help, I even try to avoid this: As you posted, it's nice if three of your players get a point on one single goal, but at the end of the year their total of points still stays the same. The only thing this does for you is that you're more likely to get your points in spades (if said team/line has a high scoring game) as well as extended scoring droughts. If said team gets shut out, you have 3 players with a zero, nothing gained at the end of the year... So I'd rather have players from as many different NHL teams as possible in order to have a more steady flow of scoring....

On a smaller note: I'd quit a league where managers never answer emails. Even if the pay, it's just no fun and there are enough good leagues with active puckheads around - join one of these!
    Preference? I personally love owning duos (as you can see from my sig). Sure it can run hot and cold, that is why you want elite players. I find in H2H duos are more consistently week winners than 2 players of equal skill who don't play together.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I suppose a lot of it come down to preference (some like to mix it up players/ team, some like to get lines combinations etc.).. If you can get the right combination of players / lines i think it makes perfect sense... Top line on the avs (high point offense yup, top line on florida - not a chance). Sure there are ups and downs... but in a fairly competitive league... I won it last year with this approach.

Based on some feedback here i am starting to think 2 players on a line (as opposed to all 3) is probably a safer move going forward.
    12 Team Keeper (keep 14)
    G,A,+/-,PIMS, GWG, W,SA, SO

C - Seguin, Monahan, RNH
    RW - Mackinnon, Duchene, Hornqvist
    LW -Hoffman, Marleau, Panik,
    D - Fowler, Hedman, Ristolainen, Barrie, Klefbom, Goligoski
    Util - Coyle, Tatar, Little, Ladd,
    Goalie - Rask, Varly
    , Grubauer, Forsberg, Bobby Lou

2013/2014 League Champion

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It probably doesn't matter much I guess. I won a good share of years with my preference, too. Obviously you'd rather have the Avs scoring line than Fla's. These players will have more points at the end of the year, too. They're simply the better players and I think we all agree that you'd want as good a player on your squad as possible... But does it matter if your players play for the same team on the same night vs. the same opponents or are all over the boards? Sorry, I still can't see any strategical advantage in your procedure, it's pure preference I guess.
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jankowski(C)
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson, Armia
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Zadorov, Moser, Cernak, Siegenthaler, Stanley
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Pickard

50 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, L.Bichsel, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, M.Pospisil, N.Huuhtannen, E.Soderblom,...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

It probably doesn't matter much I guess. I won a good share of years with my preference, too. Obviously you'd rather have the Avs scoring line than Fla's. These players will have more points at the end of the year, too. They're simply the better players and I think we all agree that you'd want as good a player on your squad as possible... But does it matter if your players play for the same team on the same night vs. the same opponents or are all over the boards? Sorry, I still can't see any strategical advantage in your procedure, it's pure preference I guess.
    If you're playing in H2H leagues and you have players on 2 different teams, if they run hot and cold at different times they can just even out to "average and you can consistently lose. If a line is hot you probbaly win that week for sure i.e. Seguin and Benn combining for 10 points in a night.