Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Drouin

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Drouin

Drouin went 1st overall in my league as well. I actually think that wasn't entirely uncommon for fantasy leagues at the time.

I'm still bitter. I had a deal in place where I shipped MA Fleury for the 1st overall which would have been Mac. The guy with the pick wanted to wait to see how things turned out, and when Drouin went to Tampa he decided to keep the pick. I was so damn close to getting Mac, but oh well. I eventually made a swap of Fleury for Rick Nash and that worked out.....great?
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Genius

I took Drouin last year 1st b/c he was listed as a LW vs Mac at C. Soon to be elite wingers are hard to get in our league. I already had Seguin at C, and didn't own Neal on LW at season's start. McGuire also assured us on the radio(ha) that JD was going to stay with the big club all year. I read nearly all Drouin vs Mac threads last summer, and in a points only league, Drouin was fairly unanimous. Positional need swayed my choice heavily.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    made a swap of Fleury for Rick Nash and that worked out..
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I think Mackinnon and Drouin will be compared to each other throughout their careers.. Tampa is going to be a very deep team, while Colorado is going to very top heavy..

I think alot of leagues saw Drouin go 1st overall, but more leagues saw Mackinnon goes #1..

They are both going to be great!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    I took Drouin last year 1st b/c he was listed as a LW vs Mac at C. Soon to be elite wingers are hard to get in our league. I already had Seguin at C, and didn't own Neal on LW at season's start. McGuire also assured us on the radio(ha) that JD was going to stay with the big club all year. I read nearly all Drouin vs Mac threads last summer, and in a points only league, Drouin was fairly unanimous. Positional need swayed my choice heavily.
    in the new keeper I started this summer I snagged MacKinnon 12th ov in the pro section of the draft and Drouin 1st overall in the rook draft.

hope it works out for both of us with regards to Drouin

Dobber Sports Novice

I'm one of the lucky ones to own both. Drafted Drouin 2nd overall last year behind Mack. I tried hard to get that #1 pick to draft both but wasn't happening. Luckily I was persistent and half way through the year I convinced him to trade Mack. I got Mack, Moulson and a late pick for Max P, Killorn, and a couple future 1sts. Hated to trade Max P but couldn't pass up Mack.
    10 team dynasty. 16 F, 9 D, 2 G and 24 minors Stats are G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, F, HT with W and SO for goalies

My Team.
    Forwards - Dvorak, Debrincat, Kase, Roslovic, Labanc, Cerelli, Athanasiou, Bjorkstrand, Bertuzzi, , Thomas , Bratt, and Fiala.
    Defense - Dunn, Morrissey, E. Gustafsson, Hronek, Theodore and Dumba.
    Goalies - Blackwood and Saros
    Minors - Bemstrom, J. Hughes, Kyrou, Caufield, Krebs, Necas, Newhook, Gusev, Steel, Zegras, Jost, Kaprisov, Terry, Ty smith, Niku, and P-O Joseph.