Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What 2014 Draftees will start in the NHL this season?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: What 2014 Draftees will start in the NHL this season?

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow136 View Post
    Just a small sidenote but I think OHL players must make their NHL roster out of training camp or be sent down for the rest of the season. It's not like the AHL.

It's hard to find this info online so if anyone can confirm or deny this it'd be a help to us all.
    This is partially correct. If Bennett is sent down to open the season, the only times he becomes available to the Flames again is via emergency call up OR once Kingston's season ends.

Hypothetical situation:
    Calgary is playing in Ottawa, team gets a bug right before the game and can't suit up a full roster; Abbotsford Heat are playing in... let's say Texas. Under these circumstances, Calgary can call Sam Bennett in Kingston to come and play for them. I think the junior player can only join the team for 24 hours. The junior player emergency call up is when you legitimately can't get your AHL guys to the game in time.

Dobber Sports Star

I can see Ekblad making it.
    Draisaitl could crack the line up.
    Other than those 2, maybe 1-2 others could stick around.

Dobber Sports Deity

I can see Reinhart and Ekblad not only starting the season, but playing the entire season. I think they are the only two who play past the 9 game ride. Reinhart reminds me a lot of Monahan from last year being pro ready heading into the season.

I can see kids like Bennett, Draisaitl (does Edmonton have a choice but to give this kid a long look now), and possibly Kapanen getting a longer look for 9 games, but I will be surprised if they stick around past that. Depending on how well Draisaitl does, he is probably the best possibility to stay past the 9.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."