Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: E. Kane didn't say "Yes"

Dobber Sports Master

Default E. Kane didn't say "Yes"

It seems clear that Evander Kane wants out of Winnipeg, and we have discussed it already in other threads. Here is what Kane said during an interview with a Vancouver radio station.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...266298211.html

Notice he didn't say "yes" when asked if he wanted to be a Jet anymore.

I said months ago that he wouldn't be a Jet before the 2014-15 season started. While the timeline may have changed, I don't think he will be a Jet for the entire season.

Anyone care to speculate where he lands (pardon the pun) & who may come the other way in exchange for the disgruntled winger?

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: E. Kane didn't say "Yes"

I believe Philly will be in play for him and will include some combination of Couturier or Read and picks or prospects.
    2012 DobberHockey Hall of Fame - Player's Category

Dobber Sports Master

I want to see the Jets succeed as an nhl franchise so hopefully they get good value back .

Dobber Sports Stud

Yeah Philly acts disinterested but its always that way....I could see a number of teams wanting him thats for sure.
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Whoever gets E.Kane is going to get a highly motivated player.. He is going to have a huge chip on his shoulder and will want to prove all the naysayers wrong.. This guy is going to be a beast somewhere.. Pretty sure he hates Winnipeg though.. Too cold and the city just isn't big enough for his liking.. He needs to go to a huge market andvto a team that actually has a solid top 6 forwards..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Star

It really seems like his Jets days are coming to a close. Whoever gets him will have a pretty solid winger on a manageble contract.
    Weekly H2H points only (Year 9 - 2015-16)
    12 teams limited keeper (keep 6 + 1 Rookie)
    13 round draft - Unlimited Trades - No Waivers - No IR
    4 Team Playoffs (last 2 reg. season weeks)
    Rookies are 23 years old or younger in the draft year and never reached 60pts (forward), 40pts (defense), 25 wins (goalie)

Start : C RW LW Utility D D G

C - S.Stamkos, J.Thornton, K.Turris, D.Stepan
    LW - O.Palat, B.Saad, A.Burakovsky
    RW - B.Wheeler, T.Toffoli, C.Atkinson
    D - E.Karlsson, S.Gostisbehere, C.Fowler, A.Ekblad, A.Larsson
    G - C.Hellebuyck, D.Dubnyk, A.Niemi, K.Lehtonen

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

every team, i guess? i honestly don't blame him for wanting out. that guy's taken more from the fans and media than most ever since they got the franchise. not sure what the logic is in trying to drive your star player away, but whatever works for you i guess. it's got to be tough getting guys to play in winnipeg to begin with, why would you want to combine the pressure of a big market with the boringness of a small city and some of the worst weather in the league? i'd want to leave too!

Banned

Ottawa is very much in play for E Kane from what I hear.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
    every team, i guess? i honestly don't blame him for wanting out. that guy's taken more from the fans and media than most ever since they got the franchise. not sure what the logic is in trying to drive your star player away, but whatever works for you i guess. it's got to be tough getting guys to play in winnipeg to begin with, why would you want to combine the pressure of a big market with the boringness of a small city and some of the worst weather in the league? i'd want to leave too!
    Who's trying to drive him away??

The fans, for wanting more, for wanting to see effort from our "star player" every night?? If Kane gave a solid effort most nights then nothing would ever be said to be honest.

The media?? For interviewing a "star player" after the game where he clearly didn't give his best effort?? Or asking him to comment after a ridiculous tweet??

Not really sure these are things trying to drive someone away.. Every team he goes to, the fans are going to want 100% effort every night and he is not doing that right now.. Every city he goes to he is going to have media asking him these questions..

Evander Kane has loads of talent, he is so skilled.. But Kane is getting paid like a grown man, so he needs to start acting like one fast..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I don't see Winnpeg trading him right now as his value is too low after this past season. If he has a bounceback year, which I think he will as he was really showing some chemistry with Scheifele before the hand injury, then I could see Winnipeg moving him either during the trade deadline (as I do not expect them to make the playoffs) or next year in the offseason.
    10 Team Keeper League, 15 Keepers (max 2 goalies), 10 prospects, Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 3 Utility, 4D, 2G

Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PIMS, SOG, STP; W, SO, SV%, GAA

C: MacKinnon, Scheifele, Larkin, Pavelski (RW)
    LW Panarin, Ehlers , Ovechkin, Verhaeghe (C), Beauvillier, Killorn
    RW: Kucherov, Pastrnak, Wheeler, Mangiapane (LW)
    D: Makar, Hughes, Krug; Pietrangelo, Schmidt, Andersson, Gostibehere
    G: Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky

Prospects: Sorokin (G), Askarov (G), Raymond (LW), Kaliyev (RW), Perfetti (RW), Norris (C), Kaprizov (LW), Hayton (C), Brannstrom (D), Boqvist (D), Clarke (D)

Dobber Sports Stud

I see him going to Detroit. Maybe a package deal also including Bogosian?

Dobber Sports Ninja

I still think he's staying in Winnipeg.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I don't think Winnipeg will improve as a team until they trade Kane. This ongoing soap opera has to be a distraction to everyone. His teamates are probably sick of the drama as well. Even if they support him publically or appear to support him, they are probably getting sick of this type of thing revolving around Kane. This has to effect them in the locker room and on the ice. No idea where he ends up and when ( not if ) it happens, but the Jets will be a better team once they move on from Kane. He's a great talent and he will thrive somewhere else being a happier person and player and the Jets ( if they get good value back ) will thrive as well as they move past the Kane soap opera and can get closer together as a team and keep building with the young guns of Trouba and Scheifele.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

kadri + franson + reimer enough?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    kadri + franson + reimer enough?
    not sure why you added the smiley. That's more than enough.