Thread: Madison Bowey

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Madison Bowey

What's the thought process on this guy? I drafted him last year and like the numbers I'm seeing from the minors. Obviously, any offensive d-man that comes into the Washington system, with the chance to play with Ovechkin and Backstrom in the future, is intriguing. I have the chance to get a mid-first round pick this year for him and trying to decide if it's worth it. I don't love this year's draft class, but it might be good trade bait in my league.

I...am your father.

Default Re: Madison Bowey

Here is the profile for Bowey in the Fantasy Prospects Report:

Madison Bowey, D (TY 55D) (read more on Bowey here)
    (LY - N/A)

Bowey exploded for 21 goals and 60 points in 72 games for the Kelowna Rockets of the WHL in 2013-14, while adding 93 PIM. Then in 14 playoff games he added another 14 points. So it’s safe to say the offense is coming together quite nicely for the Winnipeg native who the Caps took in the second round in 2013. He has yet to make the jump to the pro game but at 6-2 and 203 pounds size doesn’t seem to be a problem and Bowey is such a good skater that odds are the adjustment will be smooth. He just turned 19 though so he will spend next year in Kelowna again before turning pro.

Upside - Mark Giordano (15-35-50, 80 PIM)
    3YP - (9-22-31, 50 PIM)
    Certainty (NHLer; Upside) - 80%, 30%
    Expected arrival - Probably 2016-17
    DobberHockey Draft Advice - A middle-round option

Buy Prospects Report here
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Madison Bowey

Was about to comment on the arrival of Barry Trotz, defensive, goalie-friendly systems and offense by commitee, then I remembered Shea Weber, Ryan Suter, Roman Josi and, to a lesser extent since he's still just a rookie, Seth Jones... Now I'm thinking "Can I somehow manage to pry him from his owner in my league?"

Should you trade him for a mid 1st round pick? Depends a bit on how deep you are on D prospects.

NHL draft is next week. If possible I'd stall to see the results of the real draft. This would give you a better idea of who you could take with your mid 1st round pick (and which player winds up on which NHL team) and help you compare.
    On a fantasy hockey break.