Thread: Adam Larsson Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Adam Larsson Thoughts?

Obviously still young and has only played in 3 partial seasons thus far. Thoughts on him possibly stepping into a role as a viable multi-category fantasy d-man? Will this be the year the Devils finally give him a full season?
    DobberProspects Writer: The Journey, Follow @kleblanchockey

WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)

Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Cleveland Barons
    C(3): Kopitar, Brassard, J.Staal
    LW(3): Schwartz, Ladd, Skinner
    RW(3): Frolik, Michalek, Wingels
    F(3): Michalek, Josefson, Tlusty
    D(6): Ekblad, Maatta, Niskanen, Garrison, Emelin, Clendening Marincin
    G(1): Holtby, Ortio
    Bench: R.Nash(C), Brodziak(C), Bellemarre(C), JT Brown (RW), Marincin(D)

Prospects(10):
    F: Larkin (C), Petan (C), W.Karlsson (C), C.White (C), Bracco (RW), Compher (LW)
    D: Honka, Manning, Tennyson
    G: Desrosiers

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Adam Larsson Thoughts?

I say he's a fantasy bust until proven otherwise.....he has shown absolutely zero so far, so he's still at least a coupe of years away from doing anything at all even if he does eventually put it together enough to at least stay in the lineup.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Wizard

He started out well as a rookie actually, made some defensive mistakes and has never gotten a fair shake since. IMO the Devils have grossly mishandled him. It is beyond stupid to have a player of his caliber and potential spending as much time healthy scratched as in the lineup. Hell put him in the AHL if that's where they feel he should be, just make sure he's actually playing.

I still have hope, sometimes defenders take longer to put their games together. He was a serious contender with RNH for the 1st overall pick in 2011 for a reason.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    He started out well as a rookie actually, made some defensive mistakes and has never gotten a fair shake since. IMO the Devils have grossly mishandled him. It is beyond stupid to have a player of his caliber and potential spending as much time healthy scratched as in the lineup. Hell put him in the AHL if that's where they feel he should be, just make sure he's actually playing.

I still have hope, sometimes defenders take longer to put their games together. He was a serious contender with RNH for the 1st overall pick in 2011 for a reason.
    According to capgeek he isn't exempt from waivers anymore though so he's going to have to make it or break it in the NHL now. But with him being a RFA, what kind of contract does he even deserve? Does he take a pay cut from his 925,000 ELC, maybe the same number on a 1-year deal? Very tough situation to judge. He sure doesn't deserve a raise thats for sure.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by gopack26 View Post
    Obviously still young and has only played in 3 partial seasons thus far. Thoughts on him possibly stepping into a role as a viable multi-category fantasy d-man? Will this be the year the Devils finally give him a full season?
    First off, welcome to the forums.

I think Larsson is still learning the NHL game and really needs to play a bit more in the AHL before he's ready. It's not unrealistic to expect a 3-4 (and sometimes more) year growth curve for a Dman to "find their way" so to say before they are really ready. Forwards find the transition to the speed of the easier. I wouldnt give up on him yet but patience is going to have to be held with him. I expect him to start the season in the AHL again this upcoming season and if he can stay healthy and continue to grow, a callup to the Devils isn't out of the question.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the welcome.

I was wondering what kind of RFA deal he would be looking at as well. Obviously New Jersey isn't going to give up on him anytime soon, but as top recent top 5 pick I don't see him wanting to take less than his ELC deal was paying him. As petegreg said, he probably doesn't deserve a raise at this point. Interesting situation to watch play out as far as his number.
    DobberProspects Writer: The Journey, Follow @kleblanchockey

WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)

Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Cleveland Barons
    C(3): Kopitar, Brassard, J.Staal
    LW(3): Schwartz, Ladd, Skinner
    RW(3): Frolik, Michalek, Wingels
    F(3): Michalek, Josefson, Tlusty
    D(6): Ekblad, Maatta, Niskanen, Garrison, Emelin, Clendening Marincin
    G(1): Holtby, Ortio
    Bench: R.Nash(C), Brodziak(C), Bellemarre(C), JT Brown (RW), Marincin(D)

Prospects(10):
    F: Larkin (C), Petan (C), W.Karlsson (C), C.White (C), Bracco (RW), Compher (LW)
    D: Honka, Manning, Tennyson
    G: Desrosiers

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I expect him to start the season in the AHL again this upcoming season and if he can stay healthy and continue to grow, a callup to the Devils isn't out of the question.
    Would he not have to pass through waivers to start in the AHL (like the reason Tatar stuck with the wings out of camp this season?)

He isn't waiver eligible anymore which makes the situation much different. There isn't much question that he would be claimed if he had to go through waivers.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm pretty sure you're correct on him not being waiver exempt now. Yet another way the Devils have really screwed the pooch with this prospect. If he wasn't ready for the NHL, then why play him 12 minutes per game long enough that he loses his waiver exemption? He could have been playing 22 minutes per night in the AHL the last two years if that's what they thought was needed....instead now he HAS to play in the NHL or they lose him for nothing. Which means another season of healthy scratches.

Ugh just horrible....nothing gets me fired up more than an Adam Larsson thread haha. Such a very good prospect that has just been totally bungled in the worst way possible. Seriously, put him in a different organization and he's either already a decent producer in the NHL, or he's getting ready to be one and still on the right track. The only reason I still advocate for Larsson is because of his personal talent. Otherwise he would be a complete lost cause by now thanks to Devils management.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

he will be traded this offseason if you ask me. I wouldn't personally gamble on him. sounds like Cam barker all over again. I do agree that nj manages its players terribly... especially dmen. look how well gelinas played last season and look how much time he was scratched... I think i should just pick up the gm wage and take over.
    Fwds: Benn, Hertl, Backstrom, Coleman, W.Karlsson, Marchand, Mcdavid, Bergeron, A.svechnikov, Malkin, W.Nylander, toffoli.

Dfnse: Deangelo, Fox, Hronek, Ristolainen, Giordano, Letang

Goalie: Samsonov, Binnington

Rsrvs: Radulov, bjorkstrand, buchnevich, krebs, sanford, Grzelcyk, Suter, M.Lehtonen, Severson, Spurgeon, K'andre Miller, Allen, Mrazek, Prosvetov, Vanecek

12-team Keeper. Rotisserie.
    G,A,+/-,Hits,Blks,Pim,Sog,PPP,HT,SHPTS,W,Spct,Gaa,SO,Svs