Thread: MacKenzie Weegar signs ELC with Panthers

Dobber Sports Deity

Default MacKenzie Weegar signs ELC with Panthers

https://twitter.com/FlaPanthersPR/st...52643657830400

MacKenzie Weegar (@weega52) Agrees to Entry-Level Contract with #FlaPanthers. MORE: http://ow.ly/xoN4q
    I've been lucky enough to see this guy play with the Mooseheads the past couple years. He was a later draft pick but this kid is good and worth keeping an eye on. Glad to see him get his contract and I bet he gets 9 games with the big club to start the year next year. I wont be surprised to see him in Florida in a couple years. You read it here first.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Default Re: MacKenzie Weegar signs ELC with Panthers

Thanks for the tip.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Guru

Why didn't you sign this guy on UHL, axe?
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Deity

I am at work and dont have access to Fantrax right now.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

He's definitely one to keep an eye on. Has potential from what I've read to be a top four puck-mover. Litter Box Cats had some good info, which I came across the other day.
    ZFHL Stanley Cup Champ 2014

P Sharp - N Backstrom - P Marleau
    D Perron - A Tanguay - M Hossa
    J Williams - C Soderberg - J Abdelkader
    K Clifford - B Pirri - R Clune

D Keith - J Schultz
    B Dillon - S Salo
    V Bartley - R Ellis

C Price

C Adams, M Latta, K Ramo

Farm: Nylander, Goldobin, Anton Karlsson, S Griffith, M Hrivlik, J Marchessault, S Wilson, T Blugers, B Hart, K, Agostino, S Elliott, C Ruhwedel, J Klingberg, A Sergeev, H Tommernes, S Brittain, ...

30 team salary cap with 30 NHL roster & 30 prospects plus unsigned prospects = ZFHL also (DTDL and Scfhl2)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks for the tip Axeman. From your viewings, what would you say contributed to him being such a late pick? I guess being only 5'11" doesn't help, but is there more to it? Skating? Decision making? Just going by hockeydb, but it looks like he played junior A in his age 17 season, and then was drafted as a re-entry after joining Halifax for his 18-yo. season. Interesting.

Dobber Sports Deity

Heres a good story and his journey:

http://metronews.ca/sports/1007383/w...-early-career/

As far as the late draft goes, a lot of it had to do with opportunities. He didn't get a lot of PP time last year as the Moose liked to use Konrad Abeltshauser and Marty Frk on the points for the PP and they pretty much let those guys run the full PP so his offensive opportunites weren't really there last year. He got some PP2 time but not enough to really be effective.

This year, with Abeltshauser and Frk moving on, he stepped into the PP1 role and really showed he was capable of handling it.

I am sure size played a factor into his draft slip as well. He's an offensive Dman who is smart in his own end zone and has really grown the past couple seasons. This year, he was lights out.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks!

From Hockey's Future:

Talent Analysis

Weegar is a small but intelligent defender who makes good choices with and without the puck and who can help his team generate offense. He plays a steady, positional game in his own end, but is quick to join the rush when the opportunity appears. He lacks top-end skills, but is a good skater and an efficient defender.

The combination of good skating and good decisions, as well as the fact that he's on the big side of small, rather than the tiny side of small seems promising.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

As far as the late draft goes, a lot of it had to do with opportunities. He didn't get a lot of PP time last year as the Moose liked to use Konrad Abeltshauser and Marty Frk on the points for the PP and they pretty much let those guys run the full PP so his offensive opportunites weren't really there last year. He got some PP2 time but not enough to really be effective.

This year, with Abeltshauser and Frk moving on, he stepped into the PP1 role and really showed he was capable of handling it.

I am sure size played a factor into his draft slip as well. He's an offensive Dman who is smart in his own end zone and has really grown the past couple seasons. This year, he was lights out.
    This is exactly right! I barely noticed Weegar in his draft year given all the talent on the team and his limited role but this year was a huge coming out party for him....you couldn't help but notice the kid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    Thanks!

From Hockey's Future:

Talent Analysis

Weegar is a small but intelligent defender who makes good choices with and without the puck and who can help his team generate offense. He plays a steady, positional game in his own end, but is quick to join the rush when the opportunity appears. He lacks top-end skills, but is a good skater and an efficient defender.

The combination of good skating and good decisions, as well as the fact that he's on the big side of small, rather than the tiny side of small seems promising.
    Man that writer has a good source in Halifax