Thread: [2014 NHL Draft] Aaron Ekblad

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default [2014 NHL Draft] Aaron Ekblad

Easily, the unanimous #1 defenseman in the 2014 NHL Draft, Aaron Ekblad was the first ever defenseman to receive "exceptional status" by Hockey Canada and he's lived up to, and even exceeded, expectations. With such few top end defenseman, he'll be highly coveted...and may be the first defenseman to be selected first overall since Erik Johnson in 2006.

Ekblad owns good size and over the past two seasons, he has seen notable development. Coming into his rookie season (as a 15 year old), Ekblad was focused on establishing himself as a reliable defenseman and he quickly accomplished that. Since solidifying himself as a reliable defensive presence, Ekblad has shown good progression in his offensive game displaying a willingness to jump into the rush with more certainty. Blessed to be surrounded by talent and expertise from a young age, Ekblad has taken advantage of his rare circumstance and learned the ropes quickly...Read More

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: [2014 NHL Draft] Aaron Ekblad

Considering the depth that the Panthers own on the backend, I can't see any reason why they don't take him first overall.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: [2014 NHL Draft] Aaron Ekblad

I wonder if Viola is going to be an active owner. He might have an idea about producing a better product over a shorter term to possibly show profits in which case I can easily see Florida moving the pick. With Luongo onboard the timeframe is much shorter than it was just 6 months ago. Also its not as if the Panthers don't have quite a few prospects in the pipeline to begin with.

The question I have is if another franchise covets a guy like Ekblad enough to pay the cost to acquire the pick.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.