Default Re: Rinne+ for Schneider

Quote Originally Posted by Hanna14 View Post
    I traded

Martin St.Louis and Pekka Rinne for Cory Schneider

what do you guys think of this trade?
    big overpay IMHO

Dobber Sports Genius

Am I missing something? I think Rinne is better then he has been the last two years but I think Schneider could be an elite goaltender certainly top 10. Lets look at the numbers over the last two years.

Schneider- GP 75, GAA 2.04 SV% 0.924 W 33
    Rinne- GP 67, GAA 2.60 SV% 0.906 W 25

Factor in age whos the better own? Don't even talk MSL ether because he was non-keeper for Hanna...
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Hercules

2 part message:
    2010-2011 Games Played Wins Lose OT SO GA SA Sv% GAA Mins
    Schneider 25 16 4 2 1 51 714 0.929 2.23 1,372
    Rinne 64 33 22 9 6 134 1,905 0.93 2.12 3,789
    2011-2012
    Schneider 33 20 8 1 3 60 945 0.937 1.96 1,833
    Rinne 73 43 18 8 5 166 2,153 0.923 2.39 4,169
    2012-2013
    Schneider 30 17 9 4 5 61 835 0.927 2.11 1,733
    Rinne 43 15 16 8 5 99 1,101 0.91 2.43 2,444
    2013-2014
    Schneider 45 16 15 12 3 88 1,107 0.921 1.97 2,680
    Rinne 24 10 10 3 2 63 645 0.902 2.77 1,367

- - - Updated - - -

The two goalies are closer stats wise than what people think. The big bonus for Rinne is his ability to play 89% of the season. This was also Schneider’s first season with over 2000 minutes. In the system like NJ, Schneider will absolutely thrive. It’s also an extra bonus you don’t count saves, otherwise Rinne would be the clear cut winner. I would say if you wanted Schneider you would have needed to pay more than just Rinne, but the addition of St Louis is a bit much. You bought high, he bought low on both players.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Dobber Sports Wizard

you have a goal in mind in terms of where you want to be with your keepers

as long as you keep what you want and get what you want and you are better than before you started, it doesn't matter all that much how you got there

yeah picking up a pick or two here and there to keep things even is better but at the same time if you are dumping players anyway you don't hold up a trade over perceived value

make your plan chase your keepers and be happy when you end up with the group you wanted, if you worry about every little move you make to get there you will take half the fun out of it

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Hercules

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post

as long as you keep what you want and get what you want and you are better than before you started, it doesn't matter all that much how you got there

yeah picking up a pick or two here and there to keep things even is better but at the same time if you are dumping players anyway you don't hold up a trade over perceived value

make your plan chase your keepers and be happy when you end up with the group you wanted, if you worry about every little move you make to get there you will take half the fun out of it
    Exactly. If you got the guy you wanted, then this is a win. It's a pretty close deal anyways. I would say no clear winner or loser (points can be said on both ends of the deal). Wont see who officially wins until december
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post

This is a good point that people who respond don't consider when evaulating a trade. If he wasn't going to keep the + player anyway, and he feels he got an upgrade in goal, which I bealive he did then who cares if he overpaid? He would of lost the player anyway...

Dobber Sports Initiate

Good to see people people are seeing what had seen when I looked at the deal. A less risky Schneider... For rinne and non Keeper who's future production might not be as great as it had been.

You guys are right though we won't truly know till December
    H2H 12 team 6 player Keeper League
    Goals/Assists/Points/PlusMinus/PPP/Pims/Hits/SOG
    Wins/GAA/SV%

C: Seguin, Stamkos, Couturier, Toews, Dzingel
    LW: Panarin, Rakell,Schmaltz, Bertuzzi, Haula
    RW: Tarasenko, Marner,Kucherov
    D: Hamilton, Klingberg, Schultz, Faulk, Ghost, Gustafson.
    G:Murray

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    This is a good point that people who respond don't consider when evaulating a trade. If he wasn't going to keep the + player anyway, and he feels he got an upgrade in goal, which I bealive he did then who cares if he overpaid? He would of lost the player anyway...
    the trade was evaluated exactly as presented

people can only consider what they are told

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Genius

do we think Rinne's numbers will be better then Schneider's next year?
    Defiantly paid a lot but i wasn't sure if I was going to keep MSl next year so i was trying to consolidate and upgrade a keeper.... might come back to bite me but who knows till next year!!
    He actually stated he wasn't thinking of keeping MSL...

I...am your father.

We will see how it goes ... schneiders numbers were great this year so lets hope he can build on that and get some wins!
    I was thinking about this in the car this aft. The more I think about it, the more I warm up to the deal. Schneider will be a good one for sure, perhaps you just paid future value today. I still don't think adding MSL was necessary, but I'm wondering if you just landed Martin Brodeur 2.0
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Benson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Kovalenko, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie, Daws
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Hanifin, Severson, Nikishin, Andrae

Dobber Sports Initiate

if he can be anything like a 28 year old Marty i will be very happy!
    Wins/GAA/SV%

Dobber Sports Stud

I too was surprised to see the responses to this thread. My initial reaction was that it was a good trade for you, especially if MSL wasn't a keeper (in which case, to me, it's a no brainer move). I like Schneider over Rinne as is, add that to the fact that Nashville will be bringing in a new coach who may not want the team to play the same ultra-tight defensive system they utilised under Trotz AND that we keep hearing whispers that NSH is thinking of trading Weber, and it's a slam dunk IMO.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Initiate

In my logic it seemed that Rinne was a little more volatile then Schneider coming into next season because of the coaching change and the injury he had faced, I was probably selling him at his absolute lowest value he has ever had but I think I got a pretty good piece in return. Schneider is younger and has put up so far really good career numbers and is looking to become an official starter next year.
    It is good to see some people don't think its a complete bonehead move, but i wont find out for sure till next season.

Quote Originally Posted by SergeP View Post
    I too was surprised to see the responses to this thread. My initial reaction was that it was a good trade for you, especially if MSL wasn't a keeper (in which case, to me, it's a no brainer move). I like Schneider over Rinne as is, add that to the fact that Nashville will be bringing in a new coach who may not want the team to play the same ultra-tight defensive system they utilised under Trotz AND that we keep hearing whispers that NSH is thinking of trading Weber, and it's a slam dunk IMO.
    Wins/GAA/SV%

Dobber Sports Superstar

The Rinne for Schneider part is ok. I like Schneider better in a keeper due to age and Rinne's injury concern, but they're probably a wash. Rinne has more of a track record, but more mileage and uncertainty recently. Schneider is less proven, but is looking like the stronger play.

The addition of MSL is what bugs me in this trade. You didn't need to add so much to get this done, and I would have been keeping MSL over D. Sedin. You probably could have pulled this off with adding a Nyquist, Tarasenko, or even just Johnson. It's all about maximizing the value of your assets, and I feel you missed a bit of an opportunity to parlay MSL/+ into something a little better. There's no gaurantee of course, but I think it should have been explored more.

Ultimately you accomplished your goal, so as long as you can be happy with it, don't worry too much.