Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Kuznetsov or Ryan?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Kuznetsov or Ryan?

i am sorry but you know what we can't continue this discussion

it is not an opinion that sustained production does not mean a player is trending downwards

that is a fact not an opinion

you were pissed off earlier because i told you the definition of something but for some reason you still are under this mistaken impression that 3 years of basically flat production means trending down

if you are going to redefine words to mean something different than what they mean a reasonable discussion cannot be had

just like a player missing 12 games now all of a sudden being an injury concern for the rest of his career can in no way lead to a reasonable discussion

whatever we will never agree because we are operating under completely different definitions of pretty basic concepts

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Monster

I have not lost faith in Bobby Ryan. I am excited about him in Ottawa. He will not be an 80-90 point player. He's in the 60ish maybe 70 pt range. He's much more proven than Kuz and I trust him with his sample size much more than I trust Kuz. I would not risk it.

Quote Originally Posted by ddtop View Post
    I know alot of us have lost faith in Ryan in fantasy world but would you guys take the younger/sexier name infront of him? Kuz is showing alot of promise but do you think Ryan will still be ahead of him? I would say he is next year, but they could be head to head in production with Kuz slowly geting infront of him by 2015-2016. Wath's your tought? I ask this for a league that count 1 for g and a, 0,1 for sog and 0,2 for PIM.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    i am sorry but you know what we can't continue this discussion
    Appology accepted. And I agree discussion has lost its value.
    Watever we will never agree...
    Once again, Agreed.

Case Closed.

In the end...2 votes for Ryan here.

Dobber Sports Ace

I had both this past season. Ryan has been a longtime keeper for me, Kuznetsov was the result of early mornings with baby and being able to get the first Yahoo waiver claim in .

I was thrilled to get Kuznetsov. I've been thrilled to have Ryan.

Ryan is the guy in my keeper team that I'm willing to wait on. Man-crush. Whatever. But I liked the move to Ottawa a lot, and his early season success with Turris and MacArthur was promising. Unfortunately, injury hit and production fell. But I think his situation in Ottawa (including PP time that he did NOT see in Anaheim) is good. But like many, I think good from him is 65ish. I've lost hope that he's a 70-75 guy. But I'll take 65.

Kuznetsov is just so intriguing, given how long Washington was willing to wait, and given that hope that he slots straight in with OV and Backstrom. From the little I saw this year, it looks like Kuz could be legit...as in 65-70. But that's still not a sure thing.

I actually, in a move to try and win this year, packaged Kuznetsov in a deal to get Vanek.

And I guess that's the point I'm trying to make. I don't generally like when questions get answered with "hey, try to see who you can get the most back for..", but I think this applies here.

Kuznetsov is the fancy new toy with lots of hope. Maybe he can get you something more, like he did for me.
    Maybe there's a guy in your league with a crush on Ryan, who still thinks Bobby is a 40 goal, 75pt guy waiting to break out.
    But if you're really torn on who to take, that's probably your best bet - see which one is valued more in your league.

For me, in my situation, it was to keep Ryan and his known production and move Kuznetsov. That may be different for you.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

the
    Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    I had both this past season. Ryan has been a longtime keeper for me, Kuznetsov was the result of early mornings with baby and being able to get the first Yahoo waiver claim in .

I was thrilled to get Kuznetsov. I've been thrilled to have Ryan.

Ryan is the guy in my keeper team that I'm willing to wait on. Man-crush. Whatever. But I liked the move to Ottawa a lot, and his early season success with Turris and MacArthur was promising. Unfortunately, injury hit and production fell. But I think his situation in Ottawa (including PP time that he did NOT see in Anaheim) is good. But like many, I think good from him is 65ish. I've lost hope that he's a 70-75 guy. But I'll take 65.

Kuznetsov is just so intriguing, given how long Washington was willing to wait, and given that hope that he slots straight in with OV and Backstrom. From the little I saw this year, it looks like Kuz could be legit...as in 65-70. But that's still not a sure thing.

I actually, in a move to try and win this year, packaged Kuznetsov in a deal to get Vanek.

And I guess that's the point I'm trying to make. I don't generally like when questions get answered with "hey, try to see who you can get the most back for..", but I think this applies here.

Kuznetsov is the fancy new toy with lots of hope. Maybe he can get you something more, like he did for me.
    Maybe there's a guy in your league with a crush on Ryan, who still thinks Bobby is a 40 goal, 75pt guy waiting to break out.
    But if you're really torn on who to take, that's probably your best bet - see which one is valued more in your league.

For me, in my situation, it was to keep Ryan and his known production and move Kuznetsov. That may be different for you.

Simple logic. I like it. The only issue I see is that I don't think the OP has the option of moving 1 or the other. It appears to me that he has Kuz (on his farm) and is trying to weigh the benefits/shortfalls of moving Kuz for Ryan. (Is that the case?)

The Great One

It's not worth to risk it.

Ryan over Kuz.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    the

Simple logic. I like it. The only issue I see is that I don't think the OP has the option of moving 1 or the other. It appears to me that he has Kuz (on his farm) and is trying to weigh the benefits/shortfalls of moving Kuz for Ryan. (Is that the case?)
    Yeah, that would change things.

And if that's the case, given the youthful, unproven team he has (if the sig is right), I'd be inclined to keep Kuznetsov and hope he turns into a complete stud.

The Great One

Because Ryan is old at 27?

One of the most common mistakes by poolies is going way to young, to fast, on a rebuilding team.

Dobber Sports Ace

Oh, I know that.

And obviously 27 is older than 22 (which Kuz turns in a month).

But it's more because with how young that roster is, it's 2,3,4 years away from being competitive. You may as well hold on to Kuznetsov, in that case, and hope he becomes a star.

We've already had three pages of people saying Kuz will be as good, better, not as good, as Ryan. Clearly it's a bit of a question.

So why add a guy who may or may not be better than your top prospect...but will definitely be your oldest decent player?

Now, more to your point Guru, if the OP is looking at ways to get better fairly soon (and maybe he should be)...then yes, moving young prospects for good, not-yet-old players (ie-Kuznetsov for Ryan), is a decent way to go.

Dobber Sports Stud

His team is good now. I would reconsider my strategy if I'm on a 4 year build in a fantasy league, rebuilds happen quicker in the real world LOL

Ryan is the guy, in all situations.
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Veteran

I like the post about trading Kuznetsov now, lots of people are high on this guys potential and hes not that proven yet, and hes had injury issues...if you could get legit value for him he's probably worth trading. So he has a lot of value just in terms of perception right now.

Ryan is the opposite he's probably a buy low in some leagues, (in mine I think he would be to an extent), but he's actually really proven. He is what he is, and bear in mind he's playing for a contract this upcoming season.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Wow this thread as turn in a monster lol. Sry for not answering sooner. I tought the discussion was over after the first 7 replies. Prety happy about it. To answer the question from some other poster, I own Kuznetsov at the moment and the idea why I asked about the Kuz or Ryan thing is because I could have a chance to move him for Ryan. After I read all those replie, I will surely try to land Ryan, but would'nt be to sad if I wasnt able to do it. And I will explore the "wath can you get for" idea in my league. Not sure I can get better then Ryan.