Thread: I need D - But this could be a bold move

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default I need D - But this could be a bold move

Hey all,

I started this year in the rebuild mode, and it's apparent, I am in last place (Which is fine due to my draft pick)

My Carey Price is on his last year of contract, which means next year he will be in offeersheets (GMs can make offers + draft picks for compensations) I have the ability to match the monetary value of the offer or let him go.

I need Price, but I also need D.

The guy in second place's second goalie has only 25 points thus far, price is at 58.

Do you think it would be worth a move to try and send him price for his last year and get back some D? What do you guys think a good return would be for price?

HIS D that I am interested in:
    OEL
    Voynov
    Hamilton

His forwards:
    getzlaf
    perry
    taveres
    killorn
    wheeler
    vrbata
    hall
    E.Kane
    purcell
    simmonds

My replacing price will be hard, Rask is also on Offersheet next year and I can make a run for him....

Thanks
    Salary Cap League:
    13 Team, G, A,+/-, W-2, OTL,SO-3
    30 max, 21 weekly active roster (12F, 7D, 2G)
    Note: Our league is 1 year behind in terms of available players and salary. Salary doesn't change for length of Pool contract.

Team:
    F-Trochek, Necas, J.T.Miller,McCann,Terry,Engvall, Zibanajed,mikhehev,GourdeHagel, Petterson,skinner
    D-
    Lindgren,Barrie,Forsling,.Morrisey,Aho,Ekblad,fabe r
    G-
    ,ulnarkSherstkin, Ned

(*) = Multi year deal

Administrator

Default Re: I need D - But this could be a bold move

I might need a little more info on how this whole offer sheet process works before commenting.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Initiate

At the end of the contract, a player will ether be restricted, offersheet enabled or auction enabled.

If the player is offersheet enabled, GMs can make monetary offers to acquiring the player.
    Based on the % of offer to the players salary, compensation is also calculated in the form of picks

For example;

Price next year in our league has a contract of $5,500,000
    The minimum offer has to be 10% of the player salary
    any offers are in addition to player salary

If a GM offers $3,000,000 to acquire the player, the compensation would be say 2 1st round picks

As the holding GM, I have an option to take the offer (money and picks) or burn the monetary value of the offer ($3,000,000) to keep the player

Hope that made sense.
    Salary Cap League:
    13 Team, G, A,+/-, W-2, OTL,SO-3
    30 max, 21 weekly active roster (12F, 7D, 2G)
    Note: Our league is 1 year behind in terms of available players and salary. Salary doesn't change for length of Pool contract.

Team:
    F-Trochek, Necas, J.T.Miller,McCann,Terry,Engvall, Zibanajed,mikhehev,GourdeHagel, Petterson,skinner
    D-
    Lindgren,Barrie,Forsling,.Morrisey,Aho,Ekblad,fabe r
    G-
    ,ulnarkSherstkin, Ned

(*) = Multi year deal

Administrator

So if you were going after Rask this summer you'd have to drop $7 million plus whatever your offer sheet to acquire him? Wouldn't it make more sense to stick it out with Price and match whatever comes in failing a Godfather offer?

I mean, if he wants to offer up an elite forward for Price then sure I'd consider that but dealing a top goalie for a defenseman not named Subban or Karlsson? No thanks. I realize you need help on D but defensemen are volatile commodities. If you are going to have a weakness on your roster I would hope for it to be there.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg