Thread: Z Kassian vs Scheifele

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Z Kassian vs Scheifele

Points only, Zack Kassian is supposed to have pretty good hands, shooting and points potential even though at first glance people might mistake him for a goon.

Scheifele has been given some limited opporunity to play with top 6 players and hasnt produced much, he's also shooting at a low pct at the moment.

Who do you like for this season and as keepers? For some reason I have a "hunch" feeling about Z Kassian that not many of my friends seem to share. Wondering how the Dobberite community thinks of this guy.

Thanks
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Veteran

Scheifele is far superior. He is a top prospect and you shouldn't lose faith in this kid. http://forums.dobbersports.com/showthread.php?t=160421

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'm glad you have faith in Kassian. I would much rather have Scheilfle than him right now.
    20 team keeper
    G=1.7 A=1
    Def G=2.5 A=1.5
    Hits, BS, SOG, +/-= .1
    maj (+1) SHPTs (+1)

Centers: T. Hertl/R.N.H/P. Zacha/W. Karlsson/J. Kotkaniemi/T. Zegras
    Wings: A. Burakovsky/A. Mantha/R. Rickell/A. Duclair/
    Defense: J. Drysdale/O.E.L/R. Pulock/D. Fabbro/J. Schultz/M. Ferraro
    Goalies: R. Lehner
    Prospects: R. Damiani/A. Raty/R. Suzuki/R. Amirov/N. Chibrikov/J. Perreault/A. Volkov/D. Farrance/F. Gustavsson/L. Dostal

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by ptaylorgoon View Post
    I'm glad you have faith in Kassian. I would much rather have Scheilfle than him right now.
    I picked up Kassian in the 10th round of my draft this year (in an 11 team league, with keep 18). Scheifele was on someone's keeper/protected list. So yeah, in our league, they are THAT far apart.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Long term I go with Scheifele in points only. If its for this season only i would be ok with taking a shot on kassian.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Kassian looking pretty good so far as I suspected.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post
    Points only, Zack Kassian is supposed to have pretty good hands, shooting and points potential even though at first glance people might mistake him for a goon.

Scheifele has been given some limited opporunity to play with top 6 players and hasnt produced much, he's also shooting at a low pct at the moment.

Who do you like for this season and as keepers? For some reason I have a "hunch" feeling about Z Kassian that not many of my friends seem to share. Wondering how the Dobberite community thinks of this guy.

Thanks
    Luffy, in points-only I dont think this is close. Schiefele is off to a slow start but he had a nice game last night and might be starting to heat up. Kassian is a pure power forward and probably wont be rounding into prime form until the Sedins are 37 years old and beginning to fade. Schiefele has a good chance to be Evander Kane's center for the next 10 years. I would go with Schiefele.

Dobber Sports Genius

Not even close IMO.....Scheifele all the way....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Master

What does it say when almost every post says the same thing? Here is another one telling you to take the Jets forward.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post
    Kassian looking pretty good so far as I suspected.
    Which part of his game are you talking about here? I see a guy with three points in 12 games.

Dobber Sports Stud

.....oh and I wouldn't consider taking Kassian over Sheifele