Thread: GIBSON vs VASILEVSKI

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default GIBSON vs VASILEVSKI

Who do you thhink is a better long term prospect and what do you think there separate eta to the nhl will be??

thanks in advance

Dobber Sports Rookie

Anyone want to take crack at it

Dobber Sports Novice

Both seem to have strong futures - in the limited amount I've seen them, they both have strong net presence. Vasilevsky is playing against men in the KHL right now and doing well so that might give him a slight edge but you can't lose with either.
    12 team keeper league

Scoring
    F & D: G, A, P, +/-, PIMs, PPP
    G: MinPlayed, GAA, Points, SO, Save%

F: Benn Tavares Ovie Duchesne Ryan Nyquist NFoligno Kurcherov MFoligno Tarasenko Yakupov Nicushkin Nelson

D: Weber Karlsson Letang McDonough Ellis Hamonic Donovan

G: Lundquist Crawford Lehner Khudobin

Farm: McDavid Barzal

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'd take Gibson. He's gonna be a stud.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I went with Vasilevski for my self... I think he will be a big time goalie...

for you, you need to be comfortable with the 'Russian Factor' for taking him...

Gibson I feel will be strong himself, and should see more opportunity and faster...

its difficult to look at both teams development patterns and depth charts, because when these 2 goalies are ready... their teams WILL make room for them...

Its basically a comfort/flip a coin thing...
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

give me vis
    Kansas City Scouts
    14 Team Dynasty Points Only 68Cap Use Cap Hit
    F- Hall PKane Gaudreu Lindholm Toffoli Tatar DSedin HSedin Monahan Nash Couture Schfiele Burakovsky Kucherov
    D-Shultz Gelinas Savard BSmith
    G-Price Rinne
    FARM- Barkov Prince RMurphy

New York Raiders
    14 Team Dynasty Points Only 64.3Cap Use Yearly Salary
    F-Backstrom Hall Stamkos Stastny Eller Zetterberg Galchenyuk holland Raymond Griffith Zibinajead Barkov Kuznetsov Sheahan Schfiele
    D-Shultz Faulk Franson Hunwick
    G-Price
    FARM- Marcantouni Dansk Grigerenko Morrisey

Dobber Sports Star

They are both going to have fantastic careers. Of course, Vasilevsky's career might take place entirely in Russia. Take Gibson...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    They are both going to have fantastic careers. Of course, Vasilevsky's career might take place entirely in Russia. Take Gibson...

Rylant
    I agree, Gibson.. Furthermore, ANA's system has no one. On the other hand, TB has a few tenders that could be what we expect Vasilevski to be for Tampa.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by One87 View Post
    I agree, Gibson.. Furthermore, ANA's system has no one. On the other hand, TB has a few tenders that could be what we expect Vasilevski to be for Tampa.
    Actually, Anaheim has Frederik Andersen in their system.... He was ranked 5th on Goldman's last prospect ranking (right behind Gibson at 4). He's 24 and was lights out in Norfolk last year. Tampa has a solid group of goalie prospects, but no one except for Vas on that level.

This is tough.... I feel like Vasilevskiy has the clearer path to the starter role, but I like Gibson talent-wise better not that Vas is a slouch. It's gonna be 2-3 years for either of these guys, but I think I'm gonna go with Vas simply because Andersen is a very real roadblock for Gibson, not to mention Hiller and Fasth.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Pro

Very few instances I'd ever say this but, flip a coin! You're going to end up with an elite prospect neither of which will be a starting goaltender for at least another three years, if not longer.

Plus nobody can truly say with any reliable level of certainty which one of these two will be better. I'm hedging my bet here, which is another thing I seldom ever do...but you really can't go wrong either way.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
    ...but you really can't go wrong either way.
    You hit the nail on the head when you said they're both 'elite goalie prospects' ......BUT.....there's actually a very good chance that you could go wrong with one of these guys.

Predicting goalie prospects is notoriously difficult. The longer I play this game the more conviction I have in this stance. There is a very solid probability that one or the other will not become a starting NHL goaltender.
    Last edited by 4horsemen; October 9, 2013 at 3:51 PM.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 4horsemen View Post
    You hit the nail on the head when you said they're both 'elite goalie prospects' ......BUT.....there's acutally a very good chance that you could go wrong with one of these guys.

Predicting goalie prospects is notoriously difficult. The longer I play this game the more conviction I have in this stance. There is a very solid probability that one or the other will not become a starting NHL goaltender.
    In most instances I'd agree with you, especially when it comes to goaltenders...but I feel very strongly both of these players will become elite-level starters. Doesn't mean I'll be right, however, it's one of the rare instances I'd use those kind of words to describe two players.

Dobber Sports Deity

When it comes to prospect goalies its tough to really guage how well they will do in the bigs. You know Gibson is going to get a shot at some point. Vasilevski is well in Tampas radar and sights as well. As long as they can draw him over here he should be just as good.

Realistically, anyone on here who tells you they know which goalie will be the better pro shouldn't be wasting their time on these boards. They should be in Vegas making big bucks. Its really that much of a crapshoot right now.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

It really is a toss up like most people say, I almost think Gibson has the edge just because he doesn't have an reason to aim at another leauge. Vas could decide to stay in the KHL although I think it is unlikley.

Banned

Gibson is the best goalie prospect in hockey. He's my choice.