Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fartnell (REP)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by diehardpooler91 View Post
    I also have Fartnell but will hold on to him, he will bounce back. last season he didn't play anywhere during the lock out, showed up overweight then eventually demolished his ankle. He's back, lost weight and his tire has full treads. Once the team as a whole gets out of this slump he'll be fiddling away multi catagory style.

Cheers!!!
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I think he has had his "career" year already but that being said if he stills with Giroux and you are in a roto league with PIMS/HITS he is great value. I'm floating offers where I can.
    14 team Roto Keeper (Auction) $$ League- 82 games played/position slot:
    $204 budget at draft, All players keepable @ increase of 20% previous year... (minimum $10 cost in yr3) and Max 2 goalies..
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, Shutouts

(= current year Keeper Cost)

C (3): Malkin ($29), Seguin ($33), Kuznetsov ($15)
    LW (3)- Dadonov ($2), Kreider ($10), Keller ($10)
    RW (3)- Wheeler ($18), E.Lindholm ($1), Anderson ($2)
    F (1)- All above, Sam Reinhart ($2)
    D (4)- Ekman Larsson ($15), Letang ($17), Burns ($22), Gudas ($4), Borowiecki ($2)

G: Holtby ($22), Lehner ($2), Campbell ($5), Darling ($1), Lundqvist ($25)

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Giroux isnt on the wrong side of 30, hasn't signed the last big contract of his career, and he did not absolutely suck last year and carry that suck into this one. I think you are trying to compare apples and oranges even if they do play on the same line.

Like I said above, Im going to hold Hartnell for now based on the advice of you and the other kind posters, but don't act like Im out in left field by asking if its time to dump.
    If this was a 1 year league then I would probably be looking at options, but in a keeper league, you are walking towards the edge of the cliff too early. Philly as a whole has started off slow right now. Thats just my opinion.

Also, not quite sure how you call someone who is 31 years old on the "wrong side" of 30. I'd love to be on that wrong side of 30 again.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I have him in several leagues and I've learned from past experiences to not be too hasty to dump early in the season. I'd give it 2-3 more weeks as I believe the issue is more of a team problem versus an individual player (look at Giroux and Simmonds for example). Hell, the TEAM has only scored 5 goals in 4 games.

However, if I don't see improvement by early November I'm definitely looking to move/dump for someone more effective.
    2012 DobberHockey Hall of Fame - Player's Category

Dobber Sports Ace

I just traded for him in a Dynasty. Good time to buy low IMO, once the Flyers figure things out he'll be a solid play in multicat leagues like he usually is.

Dobber Sports Sage

No surprise, Fartnell goes down again tonight. Bad enough LBI that he's out of game after 1 period. If its the same ankle he blew last year I think it is time to move on from him. Hopefully I can stash him on IR, but if he lingers as DTD past Sunday its Alpha Mike Foxtrot for him.