Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: XBOX One vs. PS4

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post

I won't lie; this makes things a little bit more interesting for me. I'm still on the PS4 train, but it's closer than it was now.
    EXACTLY how I feel....I was looking forward to an easier decision

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I was looking forward to an easier decision
    Agreed. There's a certain peace that comes with knowing that one choice is so obvious.

I'm on an EB Games emailing list, and they actually sent out an email with the news of the Xbox's reversal of policies, along with a nudge to pre-order the system. Crazy.

Dobber Sports Stud

I preordered the PS4 at GameStop. Obviously, I think it's the better console. I'll eventually get the XBone, but I don't know when. It's not worth the $500 in my books.
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
    I preordered the PS4 at GameStop. Obviously, I think it's the better console. I'll eventually get the XBone, but I don't know when. It's not worth the $500 in my books.
    That's what I think everyone is saying. Even with the undoing of their biggest errors, the cost difference is hard to explain.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I don't think it's hard to explain. There's a mandatory high tech camera in there. If it weren't for that, they could probably have launched at $349 because the console components (mainly the memory) are cheaper than the ones in the PS4.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    I don't think it's hard to explain. There's a mandatory high tech camera in there. If it weren't for that, they could probably have launched at $349 because the console components (mainly the memory) are cheaper than the ones in the PS4.
    I should have said hard for me to explain to myself, since I don't care about the kinect aspect of it.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Stud

My point remains. Make two separate consoles if you have to. I don't think it should be mandatory. I don't play it and want nothing to do with it. Microsoft is trying to force it down everyone's throat just for the excuse to price the console higher.

I'm not going to pay $500 because of a mandatory camera which I'll never, ever use. It should be a video game system first, everything else second. Kinect as well as the PS Move are gimmicks I'll never get in to. Give me a regular controller that fits in my hand and I'm fine.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Expert

The gimmick of the Kinect is solely one that will phase out. What on the regular Kinect has been successful? Not much. Motion technology is not popular enough among the masses and is far to fickle. I like the Xbox simply because I prefer the controller however given I returned 3 Xbox systems in the first year due to RRoD I will not be an early adopter of their system. I will be getting the PS4.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Stud

I went ahead and preordered the XB1 as well. I have a ton of MSPs that will expire in a year and can't let go to waste. I'll pick up about 3 digital games on release.

I'm really looking forward to Dead Rising 3. It looks amazing.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
    I went ahead and preordered the XB1 as well. I have a ton of MSPs that will expire in a year and can't let go to waste. I'll pick up about 3 digital games on release.

I'm really looking forward to Dead Rising 3. It looks amazing.
    Im going to rely on other people's early experiences before I make a decision. Plus I mean GTA V is absolutely massive and will take some time

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Im going to rely on other people's early experiences before I make a decision. Plus I mean GTA V is absolutely massive and will take some time
    I'm sure you'll hear all about it on here from me and probably other users that have it as well Hopefully it's a great experience.

I picked up GTA V on release and haven't played it yet. My Xbox time has been all on NHL. I'll start GTV probably tonight though. Looking forward to it.
    Go Jets Go