Thread: Trade Proposal brainstorming

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Trade Proposal brainstorming

Hey Dobbers.. I'm pretty interested in buying Forte right now from a guy who's pretty stacked at RB with Peterson, Spiller, Forte, and Gio Bernard. We're in a 10 team keeper league (keep 8 players), standard ESPN decimal scoring. 1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, D/ST, K are fielded weekly. 17 man rosters so the teams are deep. More importantly are the value of draft picks with the depth of our league. Next years draft class looks a little less than impressive when compared to the skill that went out this week but it's still pretty strong in WR's. Here's what I've got so far for a 'ok' trade.

He gives -- Forte + Nicks

I give -- SJaxx + Tate + Torrey Smith and my 2nd and 6th round picks next year with a conditional pick for the following year (depending on my finish).

My question to you is is this trade even fees-able? or do I risk offending him with it? I think it's pretty even. According to D. Richards Trade Table his value is at 46 (week 3 ranks) and what I'm giving is at 43 points -- adding in the three total picks and that should tip it by quite a bit as players like Julius Thomas, DeAndre Hopkins, Fred Jackson, Eddy Lacy, all the good hand-cuffs etc. So there is a lot of value for depth and potential studs in most rounds.
    10 team Cumulative Points Only - Keep 4
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PPP (1), PIM (0.25/min), S (0.4), H (0.2), Bs (0.2), FoW (0.1), W (4), Sv (0.2), SO (4), GA (-1)
    update inc.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I would try without the draft picks first, and then add them to get the deal done.
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Chill View Post
    Hey Dobbers.. I'm pretty interested in buying Forte right now from a guy who's pretty stacked at RB with Peterson, Spiller, Forte, and Gio Bernard. We're in a 10 team keeper league (keep 8 players), standard ESPN decimal scoring. 1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, D/ST, K are fielded weekly. 17 man rosters so the teams are deep. More importantly are the value of draft picks with the depth of our league. Next years draft class looks a little less than impressive when compared to the skill that went out this week but it's still pretty strong in WR's. Here's what I've got so far for a 'ok' trade.

He gives -- Forte + Nicks

I give -- SJaxx + Tate + Torrey Smith and my 2nd and 6th round picks next year with a conditional pick for the following year (depending on my finish).

My question to you is is this trade even fees-able? or do I risk offending him with it? I think it's pretty even. According to D. Richards Trade Table his value is at 46 (week 3 ranks) and what I'm giving is at 43 points -- adding in the three total picks and that should tip it by quite a bit as players like Julius Thomas, DeAndre Hopkins, Fred Jackson, Eddy Lacy, all the good hand-cuffs etc. So there is a lot of value for depth and potential studs in most rounds.

The tough thing about going after a Rb like Forte (who's producing) the other owner needs to get a player(s) that he can plug into his lineup with the same confidence. Add to the fact that Peterson isn't exactly setting the world on fire and Spiller is soft and looks inferior to FJax, Forte is probably his best player. Who are his wr's because adding a name like Nicks makes the price that much steeper.

As a Forte owner, I would look at your offer right now and think:
    -SJax probably out for another few weeks+Tate who may end up being a lead dog somewhere next year or IF Foster gets hurt+Smith who is a decent wr2+ 2picks for players who are not going to be top 100 at next years draft = Rejected. There's not one piece that offers me the confidence on a weekly basis that forte does.

What does the rest of your and his rosters look like? Do you think your team is close to winning this year or next?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Just so you know, the Bears officially annonuced that Michael Bush is the goal line back going forward. Be careful not to overpay for a guy that may not get many Tds. Also if Ben Tate were to get traded or Foster injured then Tate is immediately a top 7 or so RB that's better than Forte. You didn't specify if you meant Ben Tate or Golden Tate.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I meant Ben Tate.
    He's set at WR. I'll just show ya his roster and mine.

His roster
    QB - Colin Kaepernick
    QB - Andy Dalton
    RB - AP
    RB - Spiller
    RB - Forte
    RB - Gio Bernard
    RB - Obgonnaya
    WR - Megatron
    WR - Jordy Nelson
    WR - Steve Johnson
    WR - Hakeem Nicks
    WR - Doug Baldwin
    WR - Robert Woods
    TE - Vernon Davis
    TE - Coby Fleener
    D/ST and K's don't matter.

My roster
    QB - Michael Vick
    QB - Tony Romo
    RB - Marshawn Lynch
    RB - Steven Jackson
    RB - Moreno
    RB - Tate
    RB - Mendy
    RB - Andre Ellington
    RB - Ronnie Hillman
    WR - Demaryius Thomas
    WR - DeSean Jackson
    WR - Torrey Smith
    WR - Miles Austin
    WR - Sidney Rice
    TE - Jimmy Graham

And I'm definitely aiming at winning this year, and next. Possible for sure in a deeper keeper league. I'm through the hardest part of my schedule so far with regards to the most stacked teams and came out 2-1. Lost to the guy I'm trying to trade and he's also in my division.
    10 team Cumulative Points Only - Keep 4
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PPP (1), PIM (0.25/min), S (0.4), H (0.2), Bs (0.2), FoW (0.1), W (4), Sv (0.2), SO (4), GA (-1)
    update inc.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Chill View Post
    I meant Ben Tate.
    He's set at WR. I'll just show ya his roster and mine.

His roster
    QB - Colin Kaepernick
    QB - Andy Dalton
    RB - AP
    RB - Spiller
    RB - Forte
    RB - Gio Bernard
    RB - Obgonnaya
    WR - Megatron
    WR - Jordy Nelson
    WR - Steve Johnson
    WR - Hakeem Nicks
    WR - Doug Baldwin
    WR - Robert Woods
    TE - Vernon Davis
    TE - Coby Fleener
    D/ST and K's don't matter.

My roster
    QB - Michael Vick
    QB - Tony Romo
    RB - Marshawn Lynch
    RB - Steven Jackson
    RB - Moreno
    RB - Tate
    RB - Mendy
    RB - Andre Ellington
    RB - Ronnie Hillman
    WR - Demaryius Thomas
    WR - DeSean Jackson
    WR - Torrey Smith
    WR - Miles Austin
    WR - Sidney Rice
    TE - Jimmy Graham

And I'm definitely aiming at winning this year, and next. Possible for sure in a deeper keeper league. I'm through the hardest part of my schedule so far with regards to the most stacked teams and came out 2-1. Lost to the guy I'm trying to trade and he's also in my division.

Start with your original offer and see how he responds. With the way Kap has been playing, one more poor showing could make Vick or Romo look really good.