Thread: Team audit, 28 team keeper

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Team audit, 28 team keeper

Hey fellas,

Send me your thots on my team. Year three, 28 team keeper, pts only. Keep 9. H2H against 3 teams each week. Start 9 fwds, 4D, 1G

PMB
    Clowe
    Killorn*
    Malkin
    Perry
    Shore*
    Silfverberg*
    Tarasenko*
    Zetterberg

Barrie*
    Girardi
    Hamhuis

Smith
    Varlamov

Farm: Donovan, Stransky

*free protection (don't count against keeper number for two years after being activated)

I know my D is weak so I'm wondering which player I should try and move to boost my D. League is very conservative with trades...

I'm keeping two goalies as I only have Smith for one more year before he goes to the auction block.

I also have no picks this year as I've moved them all to get where I am.

Any input is appreciated!
    28 team, pts only, Keep 9 (or 10 if you miss playoffs)

Start 9 fwd, 4D, 1G

F: [B] Kuznetsov, Konecny, Hall, Crosby, Kreider, Couturier, Lindholm, Bergeron, Schmaltz
    D: [B] Hedman, *Girard, Jones, Petry, Doughty
    G: [B] Vasilevskiy

Farm
    Heponiemi, Comtois, Kayumov, Krebs, Abramov, Khovanov, Shalagin, Dineen,

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Pantagruelist View Post
    Hey fellas,

Send me your thots on my team. Year three, 28 team keeper, pts only. Keep 9. H2H against 3 teams each week. Start 9 fwds, 4D, 1G

PMB
    Clowe
    Killorn*
    Malkin
    Perry
    Shore*
    Silfverberg*
    Tarasenko*
    Zetterberg

Barrie*
    Girardi
    Hamhuis

Smith
    Varlamov

Farm: Donovan, Stransky

*free protection (don't count against keeper number for two years after being activated)

I know my D is weak so I'm wondering which player I should try and move to boost my D. League is very conservative with trades...

I'm keeping two goalies as I only have Smith for one more year before he goes to the auction block.

I also have no picks this year as I've moved them all to get where I am.

Any input is appreciated!
    For a 28 team league, your squad is quite something! Try packaging Clowe with one of your D for a D upgrade, or with Smith/Varly for a goalie upgrade.

I'd love to say try and dangle Malkin or Perry but why would you want to do that? . No reason to, I've seen it work in fantasy hockey when you draft D late, as long as you have a few solid producers your forwards can do most of the work.
    Last edited by dmvincent; August 30, 2013 at 1:20 AM.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    For a 28 team league, your squad is quite something! Try packaging Clowe with one of your D for a D upgrade, or with Smith/Varly for a goalie upgrade.

I'd love to say try and dangle Malkin or Perry but why would you want to do that? . No reason to, I've seen it work in fantasy hockey when you draft D late, as long as you have a few solid producers your forwards can do most of the work.
    Thanks DM - I would really like to keep Barrie in the mix so I'll see if Hamhuis and Clowe generate any interest.

Cheers
    28 team, pts only, Keep 9 (or 10 if you miss playoffs)

Start 9 fwd, 4D, 1G

F: [B] Kuznetsov, Konecny, Hall, Crosby, Kreider, Couturier, Lindholm, Bergeron, Schmaltz
    D: [B] Hedman, *Girard, Jones, Petry, Doughty
    G: [B] Vasilevskiy

Farm
    Heponiemi, Comtois, Kayumov, Krebs, Abramov, Khovanov, Shalagin, Dineen,

Dobber Sports Demi-God

When you talk about "which player to move"... it means that we need to know which player you have with more "perceived value" than "actual value".

For example, in many multi-cat leagues, John Tavares lack of +/-, PIM, and HITS makes his "perceived value" much higher than his "actual value".
    And a guy like Steve Ott has much higher "actual value" than "perceived value".

So... you need to list your league categories if you want some trade help to improve your team.