Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: [Trade] Bobby Ryan to Ottawa for Jakob Silfverberg, Stefan Noesen and 1st round pick

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    I think Ryan (if he stays long-term) can be equally as important as Heatley during his "good" Sens years.
    I would definitely chalk that one up in the "Win" column. Before the shoulder issues (and everything else) Heater was an amazing player. Very few guys could score like he did.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Initiate

I don't like this trade for the Ducks. They traded a proven young stud on a great contract for a bunch of futures and didn't even get a comparable young top-six center or first-pairing defenseman back. Sold low for sure.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Username View Post
    I don't like this trade for the Ducks. They traded a proven young stud on a great contract for a bunch of futures and didn't even get a comparable young top-six center or first-pairing defenseman back. Sold low for sure.
    The Ducks were never going to get the type of return most people thought. The minute Getzlaf and Perry re-upped with 8.3 and 8.6 mil cap hits respectively, the writing was on the wall for Ryan. His 5 mil was coming off the books and cheap, young assets were always going to be the return. Top-6 Centermen and 1st pairing D cost big money. That said, they did get a "potential" top-6 sniper in Silfverberg, a "potential" top-6 power type forward in Noesen and a 1st rounder - not bad. We always seem surprised but the trend continues - when a "name" is traded, in most cases the return isn't nearly as sexy as fans expect.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Genius

Does anyone out there know who Silfverberg "may" be playing with this coming season. 1st line with the big boys??

Debating whether he's a keeper for my team. But won't decide until I know more in the fall.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    6, 10, or 87
    Nicely done young grasshopper.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    Does anyone out there know who Silfverberg "may" be playing with this coming season. 1st line with the big boys??

Debating whether he's a keeper for my team. But won't decide until I know more in the fall.
    FWIW, my post from earlier in this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I watched a lot of Sens games this year as well and there was a stretch midway through the season where Silfverberg looked very good and showed great chemistry with Zibanejad. The two kids really carried the team for a short while. During that stretch, Silfverberg drove to the net well, put a lot of pucks on net with some authority, and showed some impressive puck-possession skills. That said, he didn't do it consistently enough to be guaranteed top line minutes in Anaheim. He might get a shot at it, but I think he will slide onto the 2nd RW spot in Anaheim because Palmieri played very well in the 1st LW spot last year and I don't think Anaheim will alter that line too much. I essentially see Silfverberg replacing Ryan's spot in Anaheim, which is to provide some secondary scoring. What I hope for his development is that Selanne retires so that Silfverberg can get some powerplay time.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Genius

Thanks SD. +1 to you!