Thread: 1b Help. Lind available...Texieira Hurt...AGAIN

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default 1b Help. Lind available...Texieira Hurt...AGAIN

Currently sitting a mere 5 points out of 1st place.

Is it time to cut bait on Tex and simply waive him? Lind won't be available much longer and while a return to earth could be expected, he is a few years removed from 2 VERY good seasons?

No one will bite at Tex on a trade. Is this worth a waiver swap?

I do have C/1B Santana and 1b/3b/Of Frazier to back up either Lind or Tex at 1b...but I'm feeling a little scorned having drafted Tex (albeit a late flyer) and waited it out for his return.

Thoughts? I'd like to scoop Lind this morning if possible (or decide against it).

Tks.

Roster:
    C - Posey(Also 1b Eligible) / Santana (also 1b eligible)
    1b - Texieira (or Lind)
    2b - Kinsler
    SS - Hardy / Lowrie
    3b - Cabrera / Frazier
    OF - Pence / McClouth / Dominic Brown / Cruz

P - Weaver / Wood / Sanchez / Maholm / Hudson / Wheeler
    RP - Kimbrel / Champman / Henderson / Perez

DL - Cobb, Price

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd grab kind myself! He's looking a lot like the hitter he was 3 years ago when he attacked everything close at the plate! I think Mac wrote an article on him to just last week so I'd check it out. If tex wrist is F'ed again then toss him aside bud! The wrists are to important to a power hitter, or any hitter for that matter... I'd take Lind here the jays are starting to heat up and when Reyes is back he will get that many more opps to score runners!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by ruckus1717 View Post
    I'd grab kind myself! He's looking a lot like the hitter he was 3 years ago when he attacked everything close at the plate! I think Mac wrote an article on him to just last week so I'd check it out. If tex wrist is F'ed again then toss him aside bud! The wrists are to important to a power hitter, or any hitter for that matter... I'd take Lind here the jays are starting to heat up and when Reyes is back he will get that many more opps to score runners!
    Great point. End of day...Tex was my final draft pick as everyone thought he was not going to play or atleast be anything substantial. Maybe they're right.

I have the transaction ready to go...just hovering over COMPLETE!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Great point. End of day...Tex was my final draft pick as everyone thought he was not going to play or atleast be anything substantial. Maybe they're right.

I have the transaction ready to go...just hovering over COMPLETE!
    Do it. Lind's play has to be more than just a little hot streak...it's been a freaking month of awesome.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Do it. Lind's play has to be more than just a little hot streak...it's been a freaking month of awesome.
    ^^^Love it! ^^^ Click complete now...

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

COMPLETE!

Thanks boys. Rep delivered.

Now...how this compare...Pineda or Wheeler. (Look into your crystal ballz! LOL)

Thanks.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

For me it's wheeler. Pineda had shoulder surgery which scares me more than TJ. Plus Pineda is going to be pitching in the homer done they call Yankee stadium! With as bad as the mets pitching has been wheeler could be up for the duration!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Not a lot of faith in Pineda at all so Wheeler is my choice too. Let's see how the blue chipper makes out
    13 team Roto keeper league 12 F, 6D, 2G, G,A,+/-, PIMS, Hits, TOI(D), GAA, SV%, (Forwards are forwards, no distinction between L,R,C)

F) Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kunitz, Parise, Byfuglien, Backstrom, Little, Gaudreau, Hudler, Brassard, Girgensons, Nelson
    D) S. Weber, Phaneuf, Subban, Carlson, Josi, Vatanen
    G) Rask, Jones

Dobber Sports Veteran

I agree with all Ruckus has said in this thread. Lind>Tex in a one year league. Wheeler>Pineda long term.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Veteran

Still like Teix, and woul'dve opted in going the trade route - possibly packaging Teixeira and selling high on Brown for a first base option or an upgrade, and sliding one or your catchers to 1B.
    Twitter: @jasonang00

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by djkiang View Post
    Still like Teix, and woul'dve opted in going the trade route - possibly packaging Teixeira and selling high on Brown for a first base option or an upgrade, and sliding one or your catchers to 1B.
    That thinking was the main thing holding me up on a move. End of day, in my 1 year league...Tex really hasn't done much for me and it looks like he'll be on the shelf again for a bit. Lind is far more valuable than Tex right now, and if/when Lind cools off, I still have Posey/Santana to cover 1b off. I think it's reasonable to think that Posey is worth more than Tex too and espcially if I have Santana (close to a top 5-7 Catcher) as my go to guy?

I'm satisfied with this decision.

Thanks everyone for your opinions, especially the differing ones. Really helps out which is why these boards are awesome.

AND...WHEELER? YUP...thanks for that one too. I reaped the benefits of his first appearance.

My biggest problem now will be, "What do I do with my pitching staff when the following guys return from the DL?

SP - Price
    SP - Cobb
    SP - Sanchez
    RP - Chris Perez

Not bad eh...that's pretty much a trade deadline windfall considering I'm currently holding my own/excelling with...

SP - Weaver
    SP - Hudson
    SP - Maholm
    SP - Travis Wood
    SP - Zack Wheeler
    RP - Kimbrel
    RP - Champman
    RP - Henderson

I guess it may be time to try and move Wood/Hudson/Maholm

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Absolutely it's time to try to start moving them! Price is making his first rehab start tomorrow so he's just a few weeks away max (barring any setbacks). I'd look for a team teetering on competing with a good offense but bad pitching and try to wow them with a 2-4-1 or a 3-4-1!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by ruckus1717 View Post
    Absolutely it's time to try to start moving them! Price is making his first rehab start tomorrow so he's just a few weeks away max (barring any setbacks). I'd look for a team teetering on competing with a good offense but bad pitching and try to wow them with a 2-4-1 or a 3-4-1!
    ON it. I'll report back with ideas. I currently have some pending offers that haven't even gotten a sniff...I'll focus more on the pitching end (Sanchez kinda scares me a bit though).