Poll: Hawks vs Wings

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: Western Conference Semifinals: (1) Chicago Blackhawks vs (7) Detroit Red Wings

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Congrats to the Hawks. It was a hard-fought series with abysmal reffing. Either of the teams would have been a worthy winner after this war of a series.

The thing I'm taking away from this about the Wings is that I'm really impressed by the huge strides the kids took in the month leading up to the playoffs and then two seven game series against really good teams. Next year will be interesting!

The thing I'm taking away from this about the Hawks is that Toews is really overrated as a leader. Whiny little bitch is what he's shown himself to be over and over in this series. Did you see how he acted on the infamous Walkom call? Slamming his stick on the ice from the bench like a petulant child. If people keep talking about him as such a great captain, they are just wrong. That is not how a great captain acts.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post

The thing I'm taking away from this about the Hawks is that Toews is really overrated as a leader. Whiny little bitch is what he's shown himself to be over and over in this series. Did you see how he acted on the infamous Walkom call? Slamming his stick on the ice from the bench like a petulant child. If people keep talking about him as such a great captain, they are just wrong. That is not how a great captain acts.
    Agree more with this.....

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    He's starting to become my favourite player in the league... what a leader.

You'll never hear Thornton or Marleau saying that.
    .....than I do this.....

Crosby did stuff like this in his early years and he was roasted for it. Toews does it and he's a great leader???

Dobber Sports Legend

Bottom line (and thankfully)...

Hockey Gods: 1
    NHL Refs: 0
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Immortal

I honestly don't even know if it would have been worth it for the Wings to win last night after that call.....

Yes they still had 2 minutes left...but the chances of them scoring were slim...

I would hate to be cheering for a team "who shouldn't even have been there"....

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I honestly don't even know if it would have been worth it for the Wings to win last night after that call.....

Yes they still had 2 minutes left...but the chances of them scoring were slim...

I would hate to be cheering for a team "who shouldn't even have been there"....
    Series came down to a coinflip. They had every right to win as much as the Hawks. If the Red Wings win that series they would have deserved it.

Dobber Sports Pro

Congrats to the Hawks!

Very impressive comeback.

If Detroit scored I would be happy for them, despite the crap about the call, not their fault and it would have evened out the Frolik penalty shot.

gotta like any series that goes to game 7 OT.
    IDHL League 28 team H2H league multicat full keeper
    Rebuilding

Cooley, Guenther, Hoglander, Lundell, Quinn, Voronkov, Stankoven, Carlsson

Hutson, Zellweger, Clarke, KA Miller, Xhekai, Malinski, Thrun

Dostal, Hofer

Beck, Bolduc, Dumais, Gaucher, Gunler, Pervalov
    Ufko, Benning, Del Mastro, Peart, Grudinin
    Zherenko

Dobber Sports Stud

This series was closer than it should have been. Chicago is the superior team and it showed - particularly in the last 2 games.
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by ShawneePanthers View Post
    This series was closer than it should have been. Chicago is the superior team and it showed - particularly in the last 2 games.
    I think it showed more in Game 5 than the last two....Chicago dominated that one.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Give me a break. He showed emotion after a disallowed goal because of a shitty call. I'll admit, this wasn't a good series for Toews, but after his three-penalties-in-a-row meltdown, he was pretty solid. A great captain wins. Toews has done that. Whiny little bitch? Dude plays as hard as anyone. At any rate, Detroit proved to be a more than worthy opponent and for that I salute and show them a ton of respect. Stop eating sour grapes though, Hawks wouldn't be here without Toews.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Dobber Sports Immortal

Game 7 was the most watched NHL game on NBC Sports Network ever....

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/05/red_wings-blackhawks_game_7_is.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_m edium=twitter