Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Benn

Banned

benn will be fine without jagr.
    lol

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    I didn't say that I put his in the same breath as those players, you are putting words in my mouth. I said that those are the only type of players I would consider trading Benn for, and that would obviously be in a package deal (which I also mentioned). This is partially because I really like Benn as a player, and partially because I want to see what his upside is, and because of his very high value in my multi-cat format which includes hits/PIM.

In the next couple of years, I can see him putting up near-PPG or PPG stats (he is already doing it this year while injured and still learning a new position). The whole reason I started this thread was to see what other people thought his upside was in his peak years.....personally, I don't think 90-100 pts is out of the question for this guy in his prime. He is only in his 4th year, learning a new position, and is a late bloomer.....sky's the limit IMO. Can't wait to see what he can do.
    I don't want to argue semantics with you too much because I'll accept that you're not comparing him to Crosby, Malkin and Stamkos but isn't it implied that you value him in the same ballpark as those guys by saying that they'd have to be included in any trade talks for you to consider moving him? Obviously your valuation of him is based, at least in part, on the fact that you love him as a player, which I understand BUT that does not factor into how he should be ranked.....never let the heart guide fantasy hockey decisions!!

Now, if you believe he has 90-100 point upside then you clearly think more of him than I do. I'll be somewhat shocked if he has more than a season or two over the PPG mark and I'd put money on him never approaching 100. I will conceed that in multicat leagues his value is bumped up considerably but I'll never give up 10-20 points in a forward just to pad my hits stats....I'd much sooner make them up with a couple Clutterbuck types and some hard hitting d-men.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I see Benn as a 75-85 point guy with good peripherals. 90+ I don't really see. He is a little injury-prone, which is something to keep in mind as well.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks fellas, this is what I was looking for.....maybe I am a little too optimistic on his ultimate upside. That said, I am more than happy if he end up as a reliable multi-cat 75-85 pt guy, as those guys do not grow on trees.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I do wish this guy would shoot more, his wrist shot is ridiculous and super deceptive......right now his point totals are very assist-heavy, but I feel he could put up bigger goal (and obviously SOG) totals if he'd look the shoot the puck a little more. Maybe this year's wrist injury is playing into this a little bit.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by 4horsemen View Post
    I don't want to argue semantics with you too much because I'll accept that you're not comparing him to Crosby, Malkin and Stamkos but isn't it implied that you value him in the same ballpark as those guys by saying that they'd have to be included in any trade talks for you to consider moving him?.
    You are not grasping this man's point. He was dangling Benn in a PACKAGE! My assumption, if it were a points-only league and it's not, is that you'd dangle this bright emerging star (assuming the crosby owner felt the same way) and perhaps a more established guy like Hank Sedin -- a star but not at Crosby's level. Or it could be a lesser player in the package for a lesser superstar.

I can't fathom why you'd take his comment as a suggestion Benn is in the Crosby-Stamkos-Malkin universe. There is absolutely no basis for you to make that leap. It's silly, frankly.