Thread: LA's Bernier

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default LA's Bernier

Will Johnathan Bernier be dealt at the dealine? I'm in a keeper, should I keep him or drop him. Can't really afford to keep him if he doesn't become a starter.
    Any thoughts?

Dobber Sports Deity

Kind of a hard question to answer as none of us are on the "inside" of LA's war room but if I were to take a look at it with some logic, my best bet would be that he isnt going anywheres until the off season. Quick hasnt really played up to snuff this year and Bernier has been rock solid for the Kings. Its not like he's a UFA and can walk at seasons end. He's a RFA so LA still has some say as to his future. I just dont see him being dealt until the off season unless they get an offer that blows them away. Will he be a starter eventually, I'd say yes. The way the LA goaltending is rolling right now, he should be starting for the Kings.

Then again, as I say, I'm simply speculating.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Kind of a hard question to answer as none of us are on the "inside" of LA's war room but if I were to take a look at it with some logic, my best bet would be that he isnt going anywheres until the off season. Quick hasnt really played up to snuff this year and Bernier has been rock solid for the Kings. Its not like he's a UFA and can walk at seasons end. He's a RFA so LA still has some say as to his future. I just dont see him being dealt until the off season unless they get an offer that blows them away. Will he be a starter eventually, I'd say yes. The way the LA goaltending is rolling right now, he should be starting for the Kings.

Then again, as I say, I'm simply speculating.
    I just see no reason why the Kings would move Bernier until the summer. I think he will get his chance, but it will be next year, not this year.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

This is such a tough one right now. Trade deadline is tomorrow so you've gotta hold off until then.

In my opinion, Bernier (8-2) is outplaying Quick this year (12-10) by a fair bit. Quick won the Conn Smythe so how do you not roll with him in 2013? It's a tough call to make. If I'm LA, I know I'm not in 5th place solely on Quick's performance this year and Bernier has us within striking distance of home ice advantage in the 1st round instead of battling for 8th. How do you trade a guy like that? LA needs to decide who they are going to roll with. If they know that Quick is their guy, then trade Bernie for all he's worth. Unless LA feels Quick's back isn't 100%, then they won't move Bernie. I don't think there's any way to know the Kings intentions without seeing how tomorrow plays out.

Dobber Sports Wizard

With the way he has played this year, I would hold onto him in a keeper. He has done nothing but solidified his stock. He probably won't get dealt until the summer which is exactly when you could potentially get a "king's" ransom for him.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Stud

You'll know for sure by Wednesday afternoon.

I suspect he will be dealt after the season ends. He is too valuable as a member of the Kings, to be traded right now.

Administrator

I'd bet he moves this summer. LA can't afford to re-sign him, even as an RFA, but they also can't afford to trade him right now unless they get a stud and a backup in return. I don't see it happening. They'll move him for something resembling the Halak package that Montreal got from St. Louis or what Nashville got for Lindback from Tampa Bay. It won't be good but it'll be something and Bernier will finally get his shot.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Demi-God

^Agree with metaldude.

I don't think there's enough teams out of playoff contention for there to be a competitive return package to help LA's current team/chances.
    It is more likely they'll take a trade return (or the RFA compensation picks) for Bernier in the off-season.

Besides, I think most teams these days like the comfort of two solid goalies for the playoff run.
    Detroit has had a Cup run where they switched over from Hasek to Osgood a couple games in.
    And Chicago went into its' Cup run deadline still struggling between Niemi & Huet.
    Last edited by metaldude26; April 2, 2013 at 1:17 PM.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    ^Agree with metaldude.

I don't think there's enough teams out of playoff contention for there to be a competitive return package to help LA's current team/chances.
    It is more likely they'll take a trade return (or the RFA compensation picks) for Bernier in the off-season.

Besides, I think most teams these days like the comfort of two solid goalies for the playoff run.
    Detroit has had a Cup run where they switched over from Hasek to Osgood a couple games in.
    And Chicago went into its' Cup run deadline still struggling between Niemi & Huet.
    Yeah, every team with Cup aspirations needs two goalies. Otherwise you are bound to the health of one man, which is far too big a risk to take.

Also, I seen you fixed Huet but I fixed Hasek for you. You had Halak.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Also, I seen you fixed Huet but I fixed Hasek for you. You had Halak.
    My brain is slightly fried today. Thanks.
    I do that occassionally... 5 letters, starts with H, ends with K.
    Brain & fingers stop working and go on auto-fill.