Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Hockey Mailbag - January 23rd-26th Edition

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by angus View Post
    I'd probably add a defenseman - one of the Chicago guys is the safest bet, Wiercioch is a bit of a gamble. Who were you thinking of dropping?
    There's the rub - I don't want to drop anyone! I suppose my best options to drop are Sgarbossa (but I really like what he's doing), Joe Colborne (but good upside), Gerbe (but just back!), Vatanen (but I really like his upside) or Khudobin (roll the dice with my 2 starters with no third goalie)... Maybe I'll try to trade Khudobin fast. Edit - flipped Khudobin for a pick and Bachman. So I could drop Bachman...
    Last edited by His Dudeness; January 24, 2013 at 7:13 PM.
    24teams;27players(20roster,7bench)dynasty(full keeper);
    Cap league based on NHL salaries (not cap hit);
    pool points:
    F/C: G 4pts; A 4pts; +/- 2pts
    D(min5,max9): G 8pts; A 5pts; +/- 4pts
    G(min2,max3): W 9pts; OTL 5pts; SO 4pts
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev
    D:Klingberg,Vatanen,Krug,Stralman,Pulock,Hanifin,W alman
    G:Fleury,Murray

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sprya

2. In league with multiple categories (incl. Hits, Blk, ATOI) I need one rookie to keep for 2 years. According our rules both Z.Kassian and K.Palmieri are rookies. Who is better - for THIS year and NEXT only (talent, opportunity, points, secondary categories)?

Kassian, by a lot. I may be biased (not so much as a Canuck fan, but I have followed his career quite closely). He has a huge opportunity to produce, and so far has responded.
    Thanks! Two more questions.
    1. Do you think Kadri could be better choice than Kassian? It seems he gets premium PP Time in Toronto now and gives FOW as LW. Need LW actually (have only Dubinsky, Laich, J.Jokinen, Boedker and Erat for 3 spots) but Kassian is RW only in ESPN...
    My other RW are Callahan, Gaborik, BURROWS (also Van), Parenteau, Simmonds, Erat (LW also).

2. Will you advice to trade RW Gaborik (Callahan is much more valuable according to HockeyPoolGeek) for LW Vanek? And Burrows (PIM and even a bit FOW) for Keith (ATOI, Blk)? Or Burrows for Vanek?
    ====
    H2H Weekly keeper (keep 5 and 1 rookie). G,A,+/-,PIM,ATOI,Hit,Blk,SoG,FOW,PPP+SHP,W,Saves,GAA,%
    C (start 3 or 4): Crosby, M.Koivu, Weiss, Hanzal, Berglund
    LW (start 3): Dubinsky (C), Laich (C), J.Jokinen, Boedker, Erat (RW)
    RW (3): Callahan, Gaborik, Burrows, Parenteau, Simmonds
    D (5 or 6): Chara, Subban, McDonaugh, Wideman, Carlson, Petry, Souray
    G (2): Rinne, Dubnyk
    Last edited by Sprya; January 25, 2013 at 4:25 AM.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Help me identify the "sell highs" and "undervalued" in the squad in my signature? I am looking to upgrade on C but not sure who to trade.

Some quick rules: Our "bench" normally works as a farm team where players have to be added or dropped after 82 games played. Because of a late draft we have allowed two of the bench spots to be used for normal players the first two weeks, so 10 days from now I have to activate or drop Visnovsky.

Galchenyuk can be moved back to my bench in those same two weeks.

Thanks in advance!
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Soft on D

League stats are G, A, PPP, FW,Hits, SOG, +/-

Considering the following waiver pickups: Diaz, Latandress, Grabner

Who you like more & who to drop from : M.Foligno, JCarlson, Spurgeon?
    --

Dobber Sports Padawan

I like him a lot, but PHX forward situation is always a tricky one to figure out.

He is worth adding, for sure. I really like his game. Who would you drop? Give me two or three candidates and I will weigh in.

Thanks for the response. I would have to drop one of my CBJ guys, Atkinson or Johansen

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Perhaps I've missed something, but in two leagues Bobby Ryan has been dropped in the last 24hrs. Seems to me the Ducks are only two games into the season. Correct me if I'm wrong Jeff, but he's an auto add and well worth burning a high waiver spot, right?
    H2H (10 Team): G, A, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocked Shots - W, GAA, Sv%, SO
    Keep 4; Play 2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1F, 4D, 1UTL, 2G

C: Crosby, Johansen, Stepan, Johnson
    RW: Simmonds, Backes, Toffoli, Okposo, Brouwer
    LW: Ovechkin, Lucic, Landeskog, Palat
    D: Karlsson, Josi, Shattenkirk, Gudas, Parayko
    G: Holtby, Allen, Talbot

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

trying to think a year down the road this would be question 3 too. we have to designate our 5 farm players (under 100GP) however they cant be called up/sent down on demand they must remain there until you call them up or they reach 100 GP at that time you either roster them or drop them you can not return them to the farm.

its a keep 12 pro + 5 farm

current farm is granlund, galchenyuk, kassian, lehner (50GP goalies), and rielly (TOR).

question is would you rather bump one of those for conacher? i kept conacher off the protect list strangely due to his hot start. my reasoning is that he could warrant a keeper spot on production alone this season which i would defiantly use on him if he performs at a steady rate (dont expect 5pts/3gp or w.e hes at right now lol). the rest on the list would pain me (thus far) to know if i want to keep them i have to burn a spot or rise drafting them in the re-draft the following year. other then those provided i have no legitimate cases involving my prospects.

heres the specs for the league in question as im sure you will want those as well to help.

12 team h2h, weekly starts, 3LW,3C,3RW,5D,2G, 1 UTIL, and 7 Bench
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, GWG, Hits, BS
    12 team h2h keep 5 + 1 goalie
    *2012-2013 & 2013-2014 Champ
    G A PIM +/- hits SOG PPP
    c-Tavares, Mackinnon Eichel
    rw-Seguin, Tarasenko
    d-Josi
    g-Schneider

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by His Dudeness View Post
    There's the rub - I don't want to drop anyone! I suppose my best options to drop are Sgarbossa (but I really like what he's doing), Joe Colborne (but good upside), Gerbe (but just back!), Vatanen (but I really like his upside) or Khudobin (roll the dice with my 2 starters with no third goalie)... Maybe I'll try to trade Khudobin fast. Edit - flipped Khudobin for a pick and Bachman. So I could drop Bachman...
    dump Colborne
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Sprya View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sprya

2. In league with multiple categories (incl. Hits, Blk, ATOI) I need one rookie to keep for 2 years. According our rules both Z.Kassian and K.Palmieri are rookies. Who is better - for THIS year and NEXT only (talent, opportunity, points, secondary categories)?

Thanks! Two more questions.
    1. Do you think Kadri could be better choice than Kassian? It seems he gets premium PP Time in Toronto now and gives FOW as LW. Need LW actually (have only Dubinsky, Laich, J.Jokinen, Boedker and Erat for 3 spots) but Kassian is RW only in ESPN...
    My other RW are Callahan, Gaborik, BURROWS (also Van), Parenteau, Simmonds, Erat (LW also).

2. Will you advice to trade RW Gaborik (Callahan is much more valuable according to HockeyPoolGeek) for LW Vanek? And Burrows (PIM and even a bit FOW) for Keith (ATOI, Blk)? Or Burrows for Vanek?
    ====
    H2H Weekly keeper (keep 5 and 1 rookie). G,A,+/-,PIM,ATOI,Hit,Blk,SoG,FOW,PPP+SHP,W,Saves,GAA,%
    C (start 3 or 4): Crosby, M.Koivu, Weiss, Hanzal, Berglund
    LW (start 3): Dubinsky (C), Laich (C), J.Jokinen, Boedker, Erat (RW)
    RW (3): Callahan, Gaborik, Burrows, Parenteau, Simmonds
    D (5 or 6): Chara, Subban, McDonaugh, Wideman, Carlson, Petry, Souray
    G (2): Rinne, Dubnyk
    Kassian for 1

Keep Gaborik over Vanek, and maybe think about moving Burrows for Keith. Don't buy high on Vanek, he's a streaky player.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by ynotzz View Post
    Help me identify the "sell highs" and "undervalued" in the squad in my signature? I am looking to upgrade on C but not sure who to trade.

Some quick rules: Our "bench" normally works as a farm team where players have to be added or dropped after 82 games played. Because of a late draft we have allowed two of the bench spots to be used for normal players the first two weeks, so 10 days from now I have to activate or drop Visnovsky.

Galchenyuk can be moved back to my bench in those same two weeks.

Thanks in advance!
    C: Datsyuk, Little, Desharnais, Berglund, Galchenyuk
    W: Ovechkin, P Kane, Parise, Seguin, Marleau, Eberle, Semin, Silfverberg
    D: Letang, Yandle, Green, Faulk, Nikitin
    G: Price, Ward

IR: Pronger, Henrique
    Prospects/Bench: Elliott (D), Etem (W), Coyle (C), Visnovsky (D)

Sell high: Marleau
    Undervalued: Yandle, Green

I like your team - once a few players get going you should be in great shape.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by ZamboniNation View Post
    League stats are G, A, PPP, FW,Hits, SOG, +/-

Considering the following waiver pickups: Diaz, Latandress, Grabner

Who you like more & who to drop from : M.Foligno, JCarlson, Spurgeon?
    I'd probably hold off for now.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    Thanks for the response. I would have to drop one of my CBJ guys, Atkinson or Johansen
    hmm..... I'd pass.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Gern Blansten View Post
    Perhaps I've missed something, but in two leagues Bobby Ryan has been dropped in the last 24hrs. Seems to me the Ducks are only two games into the season. Correct me if I'm wrong Jeff, but he's an auto add and well worth burning a high waiver spot, right?
    Yes he is. Even if he was injured (which I can't find anything on), he'd be worth it.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Kwazzie View Post
    trying to think a year down the road this would be question 3 too. we have to designate our 5 farm players (under 100GP) however they cant be called up/sent down on demand they must remain there until you call them up or they reach 100 GP at that time you either roster them or drop them you can not return them to the farm.

its a keep 12 pro + 5 farm

current farm is granlund, galchenyuk, kassian, lehner (50GP goalies), and rielly (TOR).

question is would you rather bump one of those for conacher? i kept conacher off the protect list strangely due to his hot start. my reasoning is that he could warrant a keeper spot on production alone this season which i would defiantly use on him if he performs at a steady rate (dont expect 5pts/3gp or w.e hes at right now lol). the rest on the list would pain me (thus far) to know if i want to keep them i have to burn a spot or rise drafting them in the re-draft the following year. other then those provided i have no legitimate cases involving my prospects.

heres the specs for the league in question as im sure you will want those as well to help.

12 team h2h, weekly starts, 3LW,3C,3RW,5D,2G, 1 UTIL, and 7 Bench
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, GWG, Hits, BS
    I love Conacher but wouldn't bump any of those guys for him.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Hi Angus, team listed below. With Lupul's injury and my boneheaded decision to draft TOR and CBJ players, my team (2nd place currently) is looking a little rough on LW. Owning Kesler/Lupul is making it difficult to have a solid bench.

Two questions, what do you expect out of Grabo/JVR with Lupul out, and Foligno/Dubi in general? Would you hit the waiver wire for any of:

Vermette, Glencross, Bouchard, Boyes, Hanzal, Atkinson, Backlund

Thanks.

1 year Yahoo 12 Team ROTO, 24 Player Rosters, Limited Waiver Wire Pickups

Skaters
    G (3) A (2) +/- (1) PIM (0.5) PPP (1) SOG (0.4)
    Goaltenders
    W (4) GA (-1) SV (.2) SHO (3)

C: Datsyuk, Bergeron, Ribeiro, Grabovski
    LW: Kunitz, JVR, Sullivan, Dubinsky
    RW: Malkin, Oshie, Doan, Tarasenko
    D: Boyle, Edler, Shattenkirk, Goligoski
    G: Rask, Schneider

Bench: Wideman, Hiller, Foligno, Berglund, Lupul (INJ), Kesler (INJ)

Last edited by tlinden16; January 25, 2013 at 12:39 PM.
    16 Team H2H, 3rd Year, 7 Keepers, 80M cap hit

Skaters
    G (3) A (2) +/- (1) GWG (1) HT (5) PIM (0.5) PPP (1) SHP (1)
    Goaltenders
    W (5) GA (-1) SV (.25) SHO (5)

Keepers: Rask, Weber, OEL, Spezza, Lupul, Kesler, Parenteau

Prospects: Galchenyuk, Connolly, Smith, Bennett, Etem, Shore, Jensen, Skjei, Slepyshev, Makarov