Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: He wants Malkin do i counter?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by arctic_rogue View Post
    Eric, I was the person who offered the trade. When I received the response that he'd only trade Malkin if he was getting a really good player back in return, I asked him to take a look at my team and see if there was something there that could get a deal done.

Of course he was under no obligation to send a counter. But a courtesy "no thanks, there's nothing on your team I'd want" or "he's not available" would have been great. I was lead to believe that he could be obtained, and I simply asked if I had enough to get it done.
    I'm not taking a shot at you man. Just offering up my opinion on what he wrote initially. It may or may not apply here but I know there are a ton of people who walk into trouble by feeling obliged to counter just because there's someone trying to make a trade.

I definitely agree that a reply of some sort is the correct way to keep good relations with other GMs.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I'm not taking a shot at you man. Just offering up my opinion on what he wrote initially. It may or may not apply here but I know there are a ton of people who walk into trouble by feeling obliged to counter just because there's someone trying to make a trade.

I definitely agree that a reply of some sort is the correct way to keep good relations with other GMs.
    I didn't think you were taking a shot. I just wanted to clarify as it seems I was constantly heckling about a trade. Did I send a couple of messages? Yep. Did I ever get a straight answer? Nope.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by arctic_rogue View Post
    I didn't think you were taking a shot. I just wanted to clarify as it seems I was constantly heckling about a trade. Did I send a couple of messages? Yep. Did I ever get a straight answer? Nope.
    Malkin is definitely worth some tire kicking merely over the small chance that you get him.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Malkin is definitely worth some tire kicking merely over the small chance that you get him.
    I'd probably even slash a tire for Malkin.

Yes, the bromance has gone to a whole new level.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Novice

Thank you to everyone for your input. I will keep my Malkin unless something knocks my socks off.