Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ranking goalies

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Fleury
    Ward
    Miller
    Halak

Halak would be higher but I'm just not sold that he is capable of being a 65+ game workhorse - partially because he hasn't done it and partially because of his situation.
    This is my list too.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

You know that fantasy hockey chat is slowing down when we are five days into November and only one goalie thread has posts.

I'll play:
    Miller
    Fleury
    Ward
    Halak
    Last edited by Pengwin7; November 5, 2012 at 9:47 AM.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by SidsStache87 View Post
    How would you rank the following goalies in a keeper league? The cats are : W SO GAA SV%

Fleury
    Halak
    Miller
    Ward

Thanks.
    Nobody has asked what type of league you are in? Given the categories, it's not the league in your signature. Their values can change depending on whether it's a H2H or Roto league. For example, in a H2H league shutouts are devalued as they happen randomly and infrequently, so they won't have as much of an effect on your weekly matchups. In a roto league, they are much more important as every shutout has a significant effect on the standings.

Furthermore, generally I feel they all have value for several years so being a keeper league doesn't have as much of an effect on me. And given that many goalies' performances can fluctuate yearly, I'd prefer to look more in the short term.