Thread: Rivers or Romo?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Rivers or Romo?

Someone in my league just dropped Romo. Unfortunately we have a THREE DAY waiting period for waivers but I have put a claim on him.

Who do you like the rest of the way?

Administrator

It's close, and I'm not a football stat buff, but my gut says Rivers is less likely to have a really bad game.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

What ever you do, don't pick up Homo Romo unless your team gives out points for QBs that suck ass. Stay far away.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Someone in my league just dropped Romo. Unfortunately we have a THREE DAY waiting period for waivers but I have put a claim on him.

Who do you like the rest of the way?
    I'd actually go Romo. It is close. Both have nice playoff schedules. I see Romo's having more of a shootout factor. As a Murray owner and Steelers fan, it pains me to say that they, like Pittsburgh, suck at rushing for TDs in the red zone which should mean more TD passes for Romo. Rivers has Matthews who can punch it in. Besides the aforementioned, Romo has the better weapons on offense. Lastly, they are both prone to throwing picks. Rivers threw like 5 or 6 a couple weeks ago. Worse comes to worse, Romo can also run; whereas Rivers can't.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Immortal

Am I mixing this up.....?

I know Rivers always chokes down the stretch. That's a given. But isn't Dallas a team that has a disgustingly good Decemeber record over the past few years?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Am I mixing this up.....?

I know Rivers always chokes down the stretch. That's a given. But isn't Dallas a team that has a disgustingly good Decemeber record over the past few years?
    Nevermind.....he's terrible in December too!

Dobber Sports Novice

I actually have both of these guys and find them pretty much interchangeable.. they both have the potential to be great or absolutely terrible.

It's primarly going to depend on match-ups. That being said, the last time I played Rivers in week 6 he managed to throw 4 picks and fumble twice and put up a massive 9pts in my league. The same week Romo put up 21pts on my bench.

Meaning as much as I like the matchup with Cleveland, I'm gunshy with Rivers. Romo had a pretty tough opening schedule, other than week 1 and he's been half decent lately (and would be better if his receivers didn't drop balls in the endzone), plus his schedule does get better going forward.

I'm probably going to roll with him until he puts up another dog and/or Rivers proves he's even halfway capable of holding on to the ball!

Dobber Sports Stud

Rivers is the safe play, but I like Romo for upside. Way too much talent he's trowing to. I'd look at passing D's left to play and base my judgement there.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by DerekReese View Post
    What ever you do, don't pick up Homo Romo unless your team gives out points for QBs that suck ass. Stay far away.
    Ha, If they did that would be the best QB tandem you could have right there.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis