Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sons of Anarchy

Dobber Sports Pro

I was hoping they would end it. Hoping against logic, but I did.

I'm just really frustrated with the direction the series seems to be taking. In a way, it's exciting, but I'm just exhausted from the series. It takes a special kind of show to eget me to quit after being emotionally invested in the characters and story, but this kind of turn might do it for me. Kind of similar to how my roommate quit Supernatural after the 5th season.

But yeah, as a 5th season setup, the last two episodes of Sons of Anarchy's 4th season are pretty stellar in that regard.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by lockedge View Post
    I don't think Tara turned Jax soft so much as the kids and his dad's writing did (in relation, of course, to the Clay Morrow-clone he was becoming).
    It's more that he doesn't want the ones he loves in danger. At one time, that was just the club. Since the show started, it's expanded, and he's tried his best juggling both priorities. That and the writings only push him further towards his kids and Tara, so long as he knows his club will be fine without him.

Tara's kind of totally gone haywire and I'm really dreading the anticipated "Tara doing her best gemma Impression" vs Gemma rivalry. I enjoy Gemma's character, as sinister and evil as she is, but their direction for her is really just the writers beating themselves off over how awesome they made Gemma, and now they'll make another one to show a progression of "how Gemma came to be" through her...which is just bad writing.

I mean, Tara's not my favourite character in the show, but she's top 4 or 5, and to see her character develop artificially across the past season has been really weird. I mean, she lost pretty much the only thing she owned, her ability to perform surgery. A lot of her character's progression has been built upon the conflict between her job and her relations with Jax. That job is gone, a large part of her identity is absolutely destroyed in an instant, and that will change a person. For them to change into a clone of an already present character though is a bit artificial, and that's how I've noticed a lot of characters develop in this season. Yeah, shit happened, but there are too many coincidences that make the writers jobs really easy.

All in all, I think in terms of plot-development and character-development, this season has been a huge mishap. The only season-wide constant has been Chuck's clutch comedy, and Gemma's lower-jaw tremble.

I get Juice's development, out of them all. Dude was incredibly committed, and that was shown when Jax wanted to go Nomad. When it was brought up that his dad was Black, you're taking that foundation and family he's built his life on and put it all at risk, over something that's getting held over his head and rather believable. The stress of that, combined with the RICO case over his head, he had a lot of shit stirring up emotions. After the incident where he got a prospect killed, I could understand his suicidal efforts. Juice isn't a character like Clay who can't admit he's wrong, he's a big team-player guy who's always trying to help. So every misstep he took put him further at risk. Made sense.
    However, the fact that it was dispelled so easily later on was a bit much. I mean, I get that the excuse was Juice is dumb, but it was pretty unbelievable.

Otto was understandable as well considering all he did for the Sons, while his single request got lied about due to some small-time issue that had other solutions at the ready. They screwed with Otto and used him, and he paid dearly for the Sons. I meat, he's made to be a rat with the deal, but the Sons are all complicit in not respecting the club by ignoring his request.

Opie's always been on the verge of being a decent character, but he's constructed into the strong-silent type persona. Truly, he takes to it, and his character's only depth revolves around guilt over Donna's death. I just would have liked to see some development over a span of 4 seasons.
    Nice breakdown Lockedge! Well written! Cheers!
    14 Team Keeper PTS, +/-, PIM's *.3 20 Players, 4 Center, 8 Wing, 6 D-men, 2 Goalies, NHL cap hit $91 Million Total

Centers Tavares, Giroux, Draisaitl, Eichel
    Wing Eberle, Kessel, Schenn, Hall, Nichushkin, Stone, B. Ryan, Connolly
    Defence Karlsson, OEL, Shattenkirk, Murphy, Gardiner, Daley
    Goal Lehner, Schneider

Prospects Shinkaruk, Frk, Pulock, Marner, Zacha, Rod, Kapanen, Leblanc, Kristo, McNeill, Noesen, Tuch

Dobber Sports Immortal

Finished up until the two part finale!! Can't wait to watch tonight.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Just finished the season and I have to agree with lockedge, Im very disappointed at the direction they decided to take the show in the final two episodes. Especially after what I thought was a great season up until Episode 12 where Clay is of course still alive and something is yet again covered up by the group, Uncer and Gemma, only to have different members lying about different parts about what happened, leading to even more............anarchy.

All of the work Potter and Roosevelt did plus everything Jax and Tara had done to ensure their escaping (including Jax promising Tara every single episode) was thrown away in the first 10 minutes of the finale because of a horrible "twist" that basically just kept everything status quo. Sure Jax will be president now, but it's still going to be Jax vs Clay and Tara vs Gemma, which is the same dynamic we had going into this season.

Two other subplots were also magically resolved in the finale. The Juice story (which was my favorite stuff) was ended because he simply had his slate wiped clean. Ummmm ok?

The Charming Heights subplot (or I guess sub sub sub sub plot because we barely heard anything about it since early in the season) was resolved by Potter raining on Hale's parade. I was confused by this; did Potter and Hale even share the screen once all season? Why doesnt he like Hale? If anything it should have been Uncer.

And seriously......Tig ASSUMING it was the Niners who shot Clay and then ending up killing "the daughter of the worst criminal in Oakland". Just stupid. I understand he was mad about leaving Clay's side, but how can they have Tig do something ridiculous like that, but then when Jax finds out that he's been lied to his whole life about JT, plus Clay tried to kill his wife, he doesn't immediately go to kill Clay. I get that it sets up a new "bad guy" for next season, but we are just going to be left with the exact same dynamic as before...........Jax/Opie/Tara all dealing with multiple lies from Clay/Gemma/Uncer.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Come to think of it, last season did a very similar thing. Although I LOVED the ending to last season and was completely shocked, it had a weak ass deus ex machina that (while it was awesome) didnt really make sense on how it all came together. But once again everything was put back into place and the Sons were magically kept safe.

I get that Jax communicating to the club was kept off screen, but trying to get me to believe that they were able outsmart that ATF chick every step of the way, and then have them know that she would actually tell the club Jax was a rat. That's a little far fetched. Awesome at the time, but it's been lessened now that theyve pulled a fast one on us two finales in a row.

Dobber Sports Stud

I just watched all four seasons in about a week. Absolutely epic show!

I can't wait for season 5. And if you haven't heard yet, the show is also scheduled for a 6th season and most likely a 7th. We're guaranteed at least 3 more seasons!
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Dobber Sports Pro

Absolutely love this show. Just got into it over the past 2 weeks and just finished watching the first 3 seasons. Trying to get my hands on season 4 now. Any one know of a site I can watch season 4 off of? Thanks!
    12 teams h-to-h partial keeper league. Daily line-up changes.
    End of the year u keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G
    Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Lineup: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G, 5Bench, 2IR

Dobber Sports Guru

Quite the cameo by Walton Goggins in last episode.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Immortal

Oh Jax.....you're so deep hahaha

Is anyone else just waiting for Clay to make a move?

Dobber Sports Icon

Last night's episode was probably the best one of the season - so far this has been an excellent one.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Nichushkin, Batherson, Sharangovich
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei, Forsling
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, But, G.Perreault, Morrow, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Pro

I agree - so many things are about to unfold too. Can't wait for next week's!
    12 teams h-to-h partial keeper league. Daily line-up changes.
    End of the year u keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G
    Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Lineup: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G, 5Bench, 2IR

Dobber Sports Immortal

Watching now!!!