Thread: Goalie Leftovers

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Goalie Leftovers

10 team Y! roti, G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, PIM | W, SV%, GAA, SO

start 11 skaters, 2 goalies a night.

I have Lundqvist and missed out on the goalie run in the draft. Felt, though, that with 10 teams and 2 goalies, there would be tenders with upside available late in the draft, and I was right. Problem is, predicting who's going to hit that upside.

To complement Lundy, I drafted Hiller and Dubnyk, but some of the other names available:

- Varlamov
    - Pavelec
    - Crawford
    - Harding
    - Reimer
    - Neuvirth
    - Markstrom

I would like to be able to go down to only 2 Gs to free up a bench spot, but want the flexibility of choice early in the season. Have I got the right two lottery tickets, or does anyone have more faith in the FA fodder still?

Cheers.

The Wolverine

Personally I'd drop Dubnyk for Varlamov, as I like his team's chances more this season and prefer his job security as well. I'm not sure about Crawford and although I like Pavelec, I would still choose Varlamov over him.

That being said, Pavelec has a very distinct home/away split so far and if it continues, he'd be a solid #3 starter when he's at home.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I agree with horrorfan here.
    I like both Varlamov/Pavelec over Dubnyk.

While EDM is a team on the rise offensively, they still have a terrible, terrible defense.
    I mean, honestly, how many teams have worse defensemen than the Oilers?
    {crickets}

EDM might win games, but there'll be no shutouts and the goalie should have poor GAA & SV%. So, Dubnyk is maybe a 1-category goalie.

WPG's top 4D are: Buff/Enstrom/Bogosian/Hainsey - all pretty good.
    Bogosian especially, entering his 5th year, is really starting to hit his stride as the #3 overall pick the Jets made him.

In most of the Dobber Entry leagues, the draft order of these 20th-30th best goalie tier was something like:
    Varlamov
    Pavelec
    Crawford
    Dubnyk

Dobber Sports Ninja

The difference between Pavelec and Varlamov for me is extremely tight....both have tremendous home numbers and not so great away numbers.

I think in a one year league I'd go with Pavs, but in a keeper league I'd probably go Varlamov at this stage. I really like the moves that Colorado has been making in order to make themselves more competitive...have a lot of young, promising talent in all positions.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

As the three above me have said - replace Dubnyk with Varlamov or Pavelec. The pros of each have also been said, so I'll just offer my personal opinion: Varlamov.

Dobber Sports Giant

Pavelec over Dubnyk.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO