Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Brushes with hockey greatness....

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Brushes with hockey greatness....

Stephane Richer wrote:
    [quote]Met Gretzky who was with his pal Mark Messier. A few friends of mine and I shook hands with them and had a chat in Gatineau P.Q (after a Team Canada exhibition game in Ottawa for the World Championships)- quote]

I would like to know where in Gatineau you have meet them...I\'m really curious cause i\'m from Gtineau too and I would really like to meet some hockey players too!

Dobber Sports Stud

duballstar014 wrote:
    The Good Sir wrote:
    Played Hockey growing up on a travel team called \"Sure Grip\" with Brett Sterling,Gabe Gauthier, and Ryan Hollweg. Those were some good times playing with those guys. We won a lot.

Wouldn\'t necessarily call them \"Hockey Greatness\", but its still fun to say I remember when....
    I was captain of the Irvine Stars...do you remember that team? I played against you guys all the time! Where else did you play good sir?
    Oh yea. I remember playing against you guys. Those were some battles that we had. I was only on Sure Grip for one year, prior to me tearing my MCL and then the team disbanding. Before that I played four years on a team called \"The Young Americans\". Stupid name, but it didn\'t matter because we were dominant. The only time we ever really lost, ironically, was when we played Sure Grip.
    12 Team H2H (Daily) - Keep 10 + 5(Farm)
    4C/3LW/3RW/4D/3G/4Bench/3IR
    G A Pts +/- STP GWG SOG/ W Sv% GAA SHO
    Centers:
    A. Barkov (IR), C. McDavid, J. Carter, Y. Gourde(LW), N. Paul(LW), C. Stephenson
    LWs:
    F. Forsberg, J. Guentzel, A. Duclair(RW), E. Haula(C), A. Killorn
    RWs:
    N. Ehlers(LW), V. Tarasenko, F. Gaudreau(C), V. Podkolzin
    D:
    T. Chabot, C. Makar, M. Dumba, OEL, N. Schmidt
    G:
    S. Bobrovky, T. Demko, J. Gibson(IR), A. Stolarz(IR)
    Farm:
    J. Annunen, A. Kaliyev, A. Lundell, F. Lysell, M. Rossi

Dobber Sports Sage

The Good Sir wrote:
    duballstar014 wrote:
    The Good Sir wrote:
    Played Hockey growing up on a travel team called \"Sure Grip\" with Brett Sterling,Gabe Gauthier, and Ryan Hollweg. Those were some good times playing with those guys. We won a lot.

Wouldn\'t necessarily call them \"Hockey Greatness\", but its still fun to say I remember when....
    I was captain of the Irvine Stars...do you remember that team? I played against you guys all the time! Where else did you play good sir?
    Oh yea. I remember playing against you guys. Those were some battles that we had. I was only on Sure Grip for one year, prior to me tearing my MCL and then the team disbanding. Before that I played four years on a team called \"The Young Americans\". Stupid name, but it didn\'t matter because we were dominant. The only time we ever really lost, ironically, was when we played Sure Grip.
    Dude I remember playing against the Young Americans too. One time when I was back on the Stars we went to a tournament out in Bakersfield. Gauthier took a slapshot and hit some guy in the chest. Play stopped for about an hour because he ended up breaking this guy\'s ribs. Medics took a while to get there, then when they did they had to be ever so careful lifting him on to the stretcher. I never did find out if there was a punctured lung, but this kid was seriously F\'d up. I also think it\'s weird how everyone growing up called him \"goth yay\", but now announcers are like calling him \"goat-chyay\"
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Stud

Not sure if it was the same game or not, but Gabe did the same thing to a kid on The Americans. His name was Chris Neisohofski (sp?). He took a slap shot to the upper chest, collapsed, and the game haulted for a good 45 min. It was very scary since we were all of 12-13 at the time. He ended up breaking his clavicle and 1st rib. Not sure if it was the same guy you\'re talking about but just wanted to give you some background just in case.
    12 Team H2H (Daily) - Keep 10 + 5(Farm)
    4C/3LW/3RW/4D/3G/4Bench/3IR
    G A Pts +/- STP GWG SOG/ W Sv% GAA SHO
    Centers:
    A. Barkov (IR), C. McDavid, J. Carter, Y. Gourde(LW), N. Paul(LW), C. Stephenson
    LWs:
    F. Forsberg, J. Guentzel, A. Duclair(RW), E. Haula(C), A. Killorn
    RWs:
    N. Ehlers(LW), V. Tarasenko, F. Gaudreau(C), V. Podkolzin
    D:
    T. Chabot, C. Makar, M. Dumba, OEL, N. Schmidt
    G:
    S. Bobrovky, T. Demko, J. Gibson(IR), A. Stolarz(IR)
    Farm:
    J. Annunen, A. Kaliyev, A. Lundell, F. Lysell, M. Rossi

Dobber Sports Ninja

What a small world. Cool.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ace

superluke wrote:
    I would like to know where in Gatineau you have met them...I\'m really curious cause i\'m from Gatineau too and I would really like to meet some hockey players too!

They go to different places. Ask Alain and Joel, they know and you do too.
    My keeper squad on this 10 team, no positional requirement league (except 1 goalie and 1 NHL team). Points only: Parise, Kopitar, Hemsky, Brunette, J Staal, Okposo, Doan, Roy, O.Jokinen, Giroux, Krejci, Oshie, Eberle, Little, Filpulla, Steen, Filatov, Hudler, H.Lundqvist, + NHL Team LA.

Dobber Sports Sage

The Good Sir wrote:
    Not sure if it was the same game or not, but Gabe did the same thing to a kid on The Americans. His name was Chris Neisohofski (sp?). He took a slap shot to the upper chest, collapsed, and the game haulted for a good 45 min. It was very scary since we were all of 12-13 at the time. He ended up breaking his clavicle and 1st rib. Not sure if it was the same guy you\'re talking about but just wanted to give you some background just in case.
    Thats it. I was at that tournament waiting to play the next game. We ended up playing soccer in the back rink (which for some reason was set up with turf as an indoor soccer field).
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Ace

Hey Fellas, I\'m from a small town in eastern Ontario where hockey is the be all end all. Lots of hockey people from the area. I went to high school with Marty St. Loius (in my chemistry class), Eric Perrin, and Dan McGillis when they played Tier II Junior A. There coach was Bob Hartley and worked with my dad - he actually brought the cup back there after he won it in Colorado - pretty cool.

My latest brush with Greatness (literally) was this year at the ACC when PHX was playing T.O. (exhibition game). I was attempting to put Ketchup on my hot dog with arms full, carrying a beer of course, when Walter Gretzky asked if he could help!!! Crazy the Great ones Dad putting ketchup on my hot dog. He graciously signed my ticket and told me to enjoy the game. Pretty sweet and memorable.

Walter what a classy guy!!!
    Member of OCHA

Dobber Sports Expert

Eric Perrin played at UVM with St. Louis too.