Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Fans Should be Pissed

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Just read the NHL's latest proposal (50-51%) and looking at the NFL (50%) and the NBA (51%) I think the deal sounds very fair!!

Only wondering what will happen with teams overspending the cap due to no rollback in player salaries.
    NHL Dynasty #1 (24-team - H2H Rotisserie - 4xC,4xLW,4xRW,6xD,1xG)
    Stats: G, A, Ft, SOG, STP, Hit, Blk, Tk, FOW, W, SV, SHO

NFL Dynasty #1 (12-team - H2H Rotisserie - 2xQB,2xRB,4xWR,2xTE,2xK,3xDE,3xDT,4xLB,3xCB,3xS)
    Stats: PaY, PaT, RcY, RcT, RuY, RcT, RtY, RtT, FF, Int, Sk, TkA, TkS, PD, XP, FG, FGYd, KPt

NHL Dynasty #2 (12-team - H2H Points - 18xF (top 12 count), 9xD (top 6 count), 2xG (top 1 count))
    Stats: G (1), A (1), W (2), SHO (3)

NFL Dynasty #2 (6-team - H2H Points - 5xQB (top 3 count), 5xRB (top 3 count), 9xWR (top 6 count), 5xTE (top 3 count))
    Stats: PaT (4), PaY (1/25), Rc (1), RcT (6), RcY (1/10), RuT (6), RuY (1/10), FL (-1), Int (-2)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by RippedOnNitro View Post
    Just read the NHL's latest proposal (50-51%) and looking at the NFL (50%) and the NBA (51%) I think the deal sounds very fair!!

Only wondering what will happen with teams overspending the cap due to no rollback in player salaries.
    I think there will just be a rollback on cap hits. That way, teams honor existing contracts as they stand, but those same teams can continue to operate legally.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I think there will just be a rollback on cap hits. That way, teams honor existing contracts as they stand, but those same teams can continue to operate legally.
    That's what I'm thinking.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Not really, those leagues have far greater revenue so it's not worth bothering to complain because the players are getting such a big slice of the pie plus players get more endorsements from those leagues. The payment structure is also quite different. The MLB is a better comparison in terms of player payment being spread over a team's stars to ELCs like it is in the NHL.

I still feel a soft cap is the best way to go along with consolidating by moving around teams that have been in the red too long and never in the green (mainly Phx) so that revenue sharing helps out teams financially in the middle like NJ rather than being a sinkhole for losers.

Dobber Sports Ninja

My understanding is that the players would be losing way more in escrow under this newly proposed deal anyways so while it looks to be a bit more realistic, the reality is the players will just be losing money in a different way.

Pretty slick spin by the league to make it seem like it;s a fair offer so that they get a positive PR boost and yet still take just as much money from the players in the end.

The actual revenue shared will be closer to 46% because they will be calculating revenue differently AND an increase in totals taken in escrow. It doesnt seem like it's all that much better than the 43% that was offered initially by the league.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Even if it's the case that the true percentage is 46%, they can still negotiate on getting the percentage up a bit and the HRR up a bit and they would end on around 50% which I still think is a solid deal.

Maybe the players gave up a lot 7 years ago, but revenue have been almost doubled since then which means pretty much that salaries have been doubled. When I compare my own salary in 2004 and 2012 it went up like 15% during that period.

So giving up a few percentages when you are making multiple millions a year in my eyes is not too much to ask. And then I am not even talking about the fact that they get paid for playing the greatest sport in the world, while I am stuck in an office all day.

Maybe sounding selfish, but the fans are the ones who really suffer...
    Last edited by RippedOnNitro; August 30, 2012 at 5:15 AM.

NFL Dynasty #1 (12-team - H2H Rotisserie - 2xQB,2xRB,4xWR,2xTE,2xK,3xDE,3xDT,4xLB,3xCB,3xS)
    Stats: PaY, PaT, RcY, RcT, RuY, RcT, RtY, RtT, FF, Int, Sk, TkA, TkS, PD, XP, FG, FGYd, KPt

NHL Dynasty #2 (12-team - H2H Points - 18xF (top 12 count), 9xD (top 6 count), 2xG (top 1 count))

NFL Dynasty #2 (6-team - H2H Points - 5xQB (top 3 count), 5xRB (top 3 count), 9xWR (top 6 count), 5xTE (top 3 count))
    Stats: PaT (4), PaY (1/25), Rc (1), RcT (6), RcY (1/10), RuT (6), RuY (1/10), FL (-1), Int (-2)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Even if it's the case that the true percentage is 46%, they can still negotiate on getting the percentage up a bit and the HRR up a bit and they would end on around 50% which I still think is a solid deal.

Maybe the players gave up a lot 7 years ago, but revenue have been almost doubled since then which means pretty much that salaries have been doubled. When I compare my own salary in 2004 and 2012 it went up like 15% during that period.

So giving up a few percentages when you are making multiple millions a year in my eyes is not too much to ask. And then I am not even talking about the fact that they get paid for playing the greatest sport in the world, while I am stuck in an office all day.

Maybe sounding selfish, but the fans are the ones who really suffer...
    The owners are now generally far better offer than they were 8 years ago too. Why? Because of what the players gave up. The players can't keep bailing the owners out from their own stupidity indefinitely.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by dongjohnson View Post
    The owners are now generally far better offer than they were 8 years ago too. Why? Because of what the players gave up. The players can't keep bailing the owners out from their own stupidity indefinitely.
    Agreed. They're all rich enough to own a portion of a second team.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by dongjohnson View Post
    You mean that players can't keep bailing out teams in non-hockey markets? But I guess it is in the players best interest to keep those teams around for job security.