Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Crosby back on the ice!

Dobber Sports Stud

I agree. Be proactive.

Sell him now as this is when you can get the most for him. IMO, this is alarming enough. Would you rather 2 Sedin's now worth (about) or 0 worth if he falters?

It's a risk, but I'd rather be cautious with a good trade now.
    Sneeze Girl: retired (Brett Favre'd)

9 Keeper, 7 Teams:

1 G, 1 A, 1 PPA, 1 PPG, 2 GWG, 1 SHG, +/-

3 WIN, -1 LOST, 5 SHUTOUT, -0.5 GA, 0.3 SV, -0.2 SHOT

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Shao View Post
    I agree. Be proactive.

Sell him now as this is when you can get the most for him. IMO, this is alarming enough. Would you rather 2 Sedin's now worth (about) or 0 worth if he falters?

It's a risk, but I'd rather be cautious with a good trade now.
    it seems its a big pill to swallow for crosby owners however it is a harsh reality they must face.........

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think tequilamonster makes a fair point here, everyone assumes Sid will just be "ok" and come back 100% but those are the same people who said he'd only be out a week or two when it first happened. If you can sell him for a fair return in the offseason it might end up being the best decision you ever make. Just make sure you command a nice price
    Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.

16 Team Keeper Keep 10, start 15 (3C-3LW-3RW-4D-2G)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, W, SO, GAA, S%

C: Duchene, Giroux, Richards B
    LW: Kessel, Vanek, Marchand
    RW: Perry, Nyqvist, Voraeck
    D: Weber, Wisneiwsky,Phaneuf,Josi,McDonough
    G: Varlamov, Bobrovsky
    BN: Lecavalier, Palat, Bonino

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by maximumass View Post
    I think tequilamonster makes a fair point here, everyone assumes Sid will just be "ok" and come back 100% but those are the same people who said he'd only be out a week or two when it first happened. If you can sell him for a fair return in the offseason it might end up being the best decision you ever make. Just make sure you command a nice price
    There is a big difference between your post, maxass, which seems to be the legitimate hockey musings of an adult, and this attention craving (it's like being involved in a forum, or fantasy league with a 7 year old) rant thrown down by tequila.

Quote Originally Posted by tequilamonster View Post
    crosby......sell now.....MUSHHEAD

this wont end in a good way like like patrice bergeron....crosby will go Savards route.....

crosby suffers a concussion 100% next season......he will never be compared to gretz or lemieux because his career wont last long enough.......

either crosbys the biggest bitch on the planet OR his head must be really messed up.....

i suspect its a bit of both......
    Can you see the difference?

Banned

Sell Crosby now, and you'll look foolish in 5 months. He'll most likely be fine; if his doctors aren't worried, you shouldn't be either. The guy has only missed 5 months, it hasn't been THAT long. With no more pressure to come back, he has 5 months to recover for next season. He should make a full recovery.

You say "sell now" but you aren't going to get anything great in return if everyone else feels the same way yo do.

P.S.Talking in absolutes is never a good thing.
    Last edited by Big Ev; May 3, 2011 at 4:10 PM.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Pens losing in the first round is the best thing that could have happened. No pressure on Crosby to return, has 5 full months to recover.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by rainydrinkwater View Post
    There is a big difference between your post, maxass, which seems to be the legitimate hockey musings of an adult, and this attention craving (it's like being involved in a forum, or fantasy league with a 7 year old) rant thrown down by tequila.

now you dont like how i word my posts???

pathetic........i know you voted liberal

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by rainydrinkwater View Post

yeah I know what ya mean, all I'm saying is that if I could get a nice package deal involving Ovie, Backstrom or Stamkos and some other nice pieces I wouldn't scoff at it. Everyone always says sid is untouchable, i think that is silly, no one is untouchable, especially when they're coming off a serious concussion

Dobber Sports Stud

I think that's rhetoric. Usually you're not getting Ovie and another major star, or something like that, in return. But like everything, it's cost-benefit in the end, and every person has a different risk threshold. I'd rather take my chances, some people would really rather play it safe. If those people can get a really blow-me-out-of-the-water kind of package in return, good on em.

P.S. Like the quote... such a great movie.
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Thieving Giraffe View Post
    I think that's rhetoric. Usually you're not getting Ovie and another major star, or something like that, in return. But like everything, it's cost-benefit in the end, and every person has a different risk threshold. I'd rather take my chances, some people would really rather play it safe. If those people can get a really blow-me-out-of-the-water kind of package in return, good on em.

P.S. Like the quote... such a great movie.
    not sure what you mean by that?

in one of my leagues this is exactly what happened, the Crosby owner got Stamkos + Lundqvist for Crosby plus a mid round pick. That might not be a great trade in everyone's league because everyone plays different formats but in ours the Lundy side wins hands down because goalies are worth a lot and Stamkos is a stud in his own right

Dobber Sports Stud

Oh I just meant that depending on league format and such, it's tough to get fair value for a guy like that... obviously I can say "I'll never trade Crosby" but if I get an offer of Ovechkin, Stamkos, Malkin and Lundqvist, then I'm leaping for the accept button (sounds like with your league settings, someone got their happy offer as well). But also that it's tough to judge other managers when wild card injuries are involved because risk-taking is a personal decision.
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Stud

That was a good trade, Stamoks + Lundqvist for Sid and a mid range pick.

Even IF Sid comes back to old form, no one would criticize a move like that. You lose a lot of risk.

Medically, we know that concussions build a history. He may be fine next year and the year after, but he will get hit hard again. It's not if, but WHEN.

That is the kind of trade you make. You don't dump him and sure, you could keep him.

I would prefer to dump him for modest returns now. Stammy and Lundy is a great return.

2 Sedins would be even better.
    Sneeze Girl: retired (Brett Favre'd)

9 Keeper, 7 Teams:

1 G, 1 A, 1 PPA, 1 PPG, 2 GWG, 1 SHG, +/-

3 WIN, -1 LOST, 5 SHUTOUT, -0.5 GA, 0.3 SV, -0.2 SHOT