Thread: Corey Schneider

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Corey Schneider

Despite letting in 4 goals last night in San Jose Schneider's performance was nothing short of outstanding. He was given third star but make no mistake he was first star in what was a 44 save performance. I used to cringe when Van went with the back-up over Luongo but know I don't even blink. He is going to be a starting goalie and a damn good one. Vancouver (should they decide to move him) should get a very nice return for this asset no matter what the market is for a goalie and they need only to send last nights game tape to any prospective trade partner's. They would be wise if and when they move him to make it an eastern team.
    Great person and team guy and I'll be pulling for him to have success no matter where he ends up.
    GO BRUINS

20 team Keeper - Protect 10
    Dress weekly 8 Fwds 4 D-men 1 Goalie
    Fwds 1pt - gl 1pt - asst
    Dmen 2pt - gl 1pt - asst FWDS & D-Men 1pt PPG / SHG / OTG
    Goalies 3pts-win 2pts-shutout

Dobber Sports Star

In my opinion, Vancouver has the best 1-2 tandem in net in the league (Obviously, an argument can be made for Boston's Thomas/Rask). I think that Schneider has devoloped at a great pace. Everyone knew that he would be a starter one day, and his 2.23 GAA and 0.927 Sv% in 20 games this year really helps confirm what everyone is thinking; he is ready to start in the NHL. He is a week away from his 25th birthday and has a year left on his contract with Vancouver. I don't think that Vancouver will want to keep him as a back up to Luongo next year and let Schneider become a restricted free agent at the end of the year, so I would expect that Vancouver will move Schneider (or, GASP, Luongo... Wouldn't that be sick?) in the off-season.

I also love Schneider and have been following his progress for a couple of years. I definately think he has Elite-goalie potential and can't wait to see where he ends up, hopefully starting somewhere next year.

Rylant