Page 45 of 89 FirstFirst ... 35 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Sabres

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm curious what you think Buffalo's lines will look like come pre-season. Feel free to include a ? where you think they might put someone if they end up moving Roy etc.

Is Foligno a top 6 player? Was his short play at the end of the year just a blip? More likely than not I guess...

The Sabres are very glad to announce their newest member, Mr Steve Ott!!

Goodbye Derek Roy and don't let the door hit ya in the ass!
    Last edited by Bomm Bastic; July 3, 2012 at 8:34 AM.
    @SmittysRant

Quote Originally Posted by Brady19 View Post
    I'm curious what you think Buffalo's lines will look like come pre-season. Feel free to include a ? where you think they might put someone if they end up moving Roy etc.

Is Foligno a top 6 player? Was his short play at the end of the year just a blip? More likely than not I guess...
    Didn't forget about ya, Brady, just don't want to comment on lines yet until the dust settles. Right now the third line is looking like Gerbe/Leino/Ott, and fourth line looks like Tropp/McCormick and Kaleta/Scott.

This much is certain:
    • They will not move Hodgson, Ennis, McNabb or Myers (I would also throw in Ehrhoff if not for anything then his contract)
    • We get Bobby Ryan only if Ducks have a need at defense. That's where the Sabres are deep. Pysyk, Sekera, Leopold are all possibilities.
    • Regier is still searching for the elusive #1 Center (Doan??)
    • The acquisition of Ott makes Kaleta and McCormick very expendable. Personally I prefer the latter over the former. Never liked Kaleta's style.

I'll have more as the situation develops. Stay tuned.

EDIT: Buff has nine d-men and are also stacked on the LW (Vanek, Foligno, Ott, Gerbe, and Leino). My hunch...look for Regier's next move to package one from each position to get his center. And I firmly believe Vanek is a viable play so don't be surprised if you're an owner.
    Last edited by Bomm Bastic; July 3, 2012 at 10:25 AM.
    @SmittysRant

An unheralded signing for the Sabres yesterday, Kevin Porter. The former Avalanche center is merely a depth guy who will play in Rochester. But if I am Luke Adam, and by extension a Luke Adam owner, I am wondering what city I will playing for come opening night of the 2012-13 season.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Initiate

There hasn't been much talk on here about Grigor... what do you think his chances of making the NHL next year are? Or do you think he is better suited to fill out more and spend one more year in the minors
    10 Team Roto League; 20 Keepers;
    Start 3C,3LW,3RW,1U,5D,2G

Stats: G,A,Pts,PPG,PPA,Pims,+/- W,Sv%,Sv
    C: Tavares Thorton H. Sedin
    LW: Moulson Clowe D. Sedin Whitney
    RW: Hossa Gaborik Pomminville Pavelski Purcell Heatley
    D: Bieska Boyle
    G: Smith Nabobov Bishop Lindback Ramo Luongo

12 teams 12 keepers
    Points Only

F: Spezza, Brown, Lecavalier, Horton, Elias, Weiss, Desharnais,
    D: Whitney, Zidlicky, Brodin
    G: Smith, Schnieder
    Farm: Justin Faulk, Ryan Ellis, Krill Kabanov

Quote Originally Posted by KoHolga View Post
    There hasn't been much talk on here about Grigor... what do you think his chances of making the NHL next year are? Or do you think he is better suited to fill out more and spend one more year in the minors
    Good question. Someone correct me if I am wrong - i am out at the moment and cannot verify - but I believe Grigs is signed up to play (is it college???) next year. That's why he's not 100% to start as a Sabre. That and we're not sure he's ready for a primary role.

I'm guessing Regier is trying to talk him out of college but I don't think they wnt to rush him either.

Someone correct me on that college thing. Im pretty certain he comitted to play elsewhere. Right?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Genius

I don't believe Grigorenko is signed for college. If anything, I'm hearing he may be the next draftee to be signed by his club. I'm guessing with the Roy trade that Grigorenko makes the team as the 3rd line center.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post
    I don't believe Grigorenko is signed for college. If anything, I'm hearing he may be the next draftee to be signed by his club. I'm guessing with the Roy trade that Grigorenko makes the team as the 3rd line center.
    Thanks, tgraveline, I thought I had heard when he was drafted that he was due to spend some time in the QMJHL or some such thing...can't really recall right now.

That said, as an 18-19 yr old Regier & Co. won't rush him. That much I can guarantee.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Genius

They won't rush him, but he's got the size and skill to play NHL hockey.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post

Ah Ha! It was Girgenson that I was thinking of...he's committed to Connecticut but has not made up his mind definitively.

In other news....

Ah, well, ya know all the chatter regarding Ruff and how he's tough on his players blah-blah-blah...???

Sabres prospect camp opened on Monday, and guess what? They're training with Navy Seals. No shit. 5am runs on the beach-and-all, all week.

Guess that's the organization giving the rest of the league a big ol' one finger salute. Gotta admire that...

More here, and a vid http://www.wivb.com/dpp/sports/sabre...ith-navy-seals
    @SmittysRant

Not a ton of time here and I am on my phone, but I am compelled to comment. Regier was interviewed extensively yesterday and one point among many offered that I picked up on was that he is not finished exploring trade opportunities for a true #1 center.

Regier seemed to categorize all these recent trades a secondary, and continued to push his goal of finding the piece that puts the team over the top. He even went so far as to comment on last season's Flyers/Kings swap, as if to imply (or perhaps tease) this prospects-for-proven type of deal is fully w/in the realm of possibility.

One of the latest rumors now involves Vanek for Stastny. Let's face it, if Regier moved Roy (a player Ruff always coddled) he would certainly move Vanek - a self loathing, dog house tenant.

Me? Well I like Vanek and would not move him for Stastny. Vanek ya move for higher talent (more on that in a min). Otherwise, Regier is merely moving like player for like player. Think about it. Gaustad/Ott? Roy/Stastny? C'mon already - similar styles, similar production. Why bother?

That's why I don't see that happening. That and Regier has been thinking outside the box lately. Oh sure, he inquired about Parise, Nash and Ryan is still a possibilty. He's looked into Doan too which is fine...I'd love to have Doan. But something about his comments from that interview had me ruminating on the train ride home this eve.

No one anticipated the Hodgson acquisition, nor the Ott acquisition. Certainly not earth shattering moves per se, but definitely off all the pundits radar. So that got me to thinking "what would be an off the radar move that would get Regier that player to put the team over the top?"

And as I sat there humming to Black Crows it hit me! Jordan Eberle.

Am I nuts. Well, ummm..yes. But think about it for a moment. Pundits of all types pre-draft were speculating the Oilers would move the first for a dman, and they didn't. Yes, they got Schultz eventually and he's their PPQB. But they lack a bruiser, and they have a plethora of high end forwards. So wouldn't McNabb be a nice fit?

Am I completely bat-shit crazy to think that having jyst acquired Yakupov the Oilers wouldn't be willing to listen to an offer involving McNabb++ for Eberle.

Now that's the kinda outside-the-box thinking I like! Oilers fans, what say you?!?
    Last edited by Bomm Bastic; July 11, 2012 at 9:08 PM.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Not a ton of time here and I am on my phone, but I am compelled to comment. Regier was interviewed extensively yesterday and one pount among many offered that I picked up on was that he is not finished exploring trade opportunities for a true #1 center.

Regier seemed to categorize all these recent trades a secondary, and continued to push his goal of finding the piece that puts the team over the top. He even went so far as to comment on last season's Flyers/Kings swap, as if to imply (or perhaps tease) this prospects-for-proven type of deal is fully w/in the realm of possibility.

One of the latest rumors now involves Vanek for Stastny. Let's face it, if Regier moved Roy (a player Ruff always coddled) he would certainly move Vanek - a self loathing, dog house tenant.

Me? Well I like Vanek and would not move him for Stastny. Vanek ya move for higher talent (more on that in a min). Otherwise, Regier is merely moving like player for like player. Think about it. Gaustad/Ott? Roy/Stastny? C'mon already - similar styles, similar production. Why bother?

That's why I don't see that happening. That and Regier has been thinking outside the box lately. Oh sure, he inquired about Parise, Nash and Ryan is still a possibilty. He's looked into Doan too which is fine...I'd love to have Doan. But something about his comments from that interview had me ruminating on the train ride home this eve.

No one anticipated the Hodgson acquisition, nor the Ott acquisition. Certainly not earth shattering moves per se, but definitely off all the pundits radar. So that got me to thinking "what would be an off the radar move that would get Regier that player to put the team over the top?"

And as I sat there humming to Black Crows it hit me! Jordan Eberle.

Am I nuts. Well, ummm..yes. But think about it for a moment. Pundits of all types pre-draft were speculating the Oilers would move the first for a dman, and they didn't. Yes, they got Schultz eventually and he's their PPQB. But they lack a bruiser, and they have a plethora of high end forwards. So wouldn't McNabb be a nice fit?

Am I completely bat-shit crazy to think that having jyst acquired Yakupov the Oilers wouldn't be willing to listen to an offer involving McNabb++ for Eberle.

Now that's the kinda outside-the-box thinking I like! Oilers fans, what say you?!?

I do like the moves done and the direction the Sabres are going, but no, I do not believe the Oil would consider moving Eberle.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Ross The Boss Palmer View Post
    I do like the moves done and the direction the Sabres are going, but no, I do not believe the Oil would consider moving Eberle.
    At least not in a deal where McNabb is the key piece coming the other way. McNabb for Paajarvi is more in the realm of realism to me.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Looking over the Sab's roster at Capgeek, noticed a couple things... A) Regehr is making more than Ehrhoff. Wow. B) Ennis is RFA and is as of yet unsigned. What do you think he signs for? 4 mill range? How do you see the top 6 shaking out this year? Vanek - Hodgson - Pominville / Foligno - Ennis - Stafford?

Quote Originally Posted by maya has the knife View Post
    Looking over the Sab's roster at Capgeek, noticed a couple things... A) Regehr is making more than Ehrhoff. Wow. B) Ennis is RFA and is as of yet unsigned. What do you think he signs for? 4 mill range? How do you see the top 6 shaking out this year? Vanek - Hodgson - Pominville / Foligno - Ennis - Stafford?
    Ehrhoff was signed by the Sabres to a new deal via free agency. Whereas Regehr was acquired via trade so his contract was carried over. FA cats are always overvalued and overpaid.

Right now flip Ennis and Hodgson. But realistically I don't either should be #1 at this point in their respective careers. Hence all the trade speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Brady19 View Post
    At least not in a deal where McNabb is the key piece coming the other way. McNabb for Paajarvi is more in the realm of realism to me.
    No certainly not one-for-one. But McNabb + Gerbe + Adam?

Quote Originally Posted by Ross The Boss Palmer View Post
    It's absolutely a long shot, to be sure, but intentionally so. Just trying to look at some off-the-radar type deals. Naive perhaps, but much fun!

EDIT: Press conference at noon! No details...might be nothing...might be something...It may very well have to do with their plan to erect statues of the French Connection on the Arena's Plaza.
    Last edited by Bomm Bastic; July 12, 2012 at 11:36 AM.
    @SmittysRant