Page 31 of 89 FirstFirst ... 21 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 41 81 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Sabres

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Hey Bommer - how does Ennis look? I have him in a one year roto league and thinking maybe he doesn't cut it this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Hey Bommer - how does Ennis look? I have him in a one year roto league and thinking maybe he doesn't cut it this season.
    Wow, caught me on a bad day with that one, shoeless - after last night's performance. Ruff has to go. I've always given him the benefit of the doubt....year-in/year-out. Look at his history, look at this season and ya get what ya get...he's a slightly above average coach. No more no less.

Excuse my mini-rant....my point in all that is in a one year roto I would look to the waiver for a rook on a more stable team (Couturier, Read, Henrique et al). Ennis holds much value long term, and may experience fits-n-spurts of point production this season to warrant keeping as a 3rd liner in pts only one year leagues. But right now he's an inconsistent player w/ no PP time on an inconsistent team.

Hell, I'd recommend Kassian over Ennis in a one year roto....but for Ruff's erratic line changes, call-ups/drop-downs.

It pains me to not recommend a Sabre, but....
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Icon

Bomm, assuming Gerbe comes back shortly from yesterday's hit, what do you think he will put up by season's end in terms of points / SOG?

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Bomm, assuming Gerbe comes back shortly from yesterday's hit, what do you think he will put up by season's end in terms of points / SOG?
    Hey Ross...good question. I don't see any reason why he would go beyond the mid-twos in the SOG cat - 2.5-2.7/game....something like that.

Love to see him hit 45-50pts this year. But I am viewing everything thru last night's glasses, and, potential concussion aside, I think a more realistic number would put him in the .4-.5/game range.

I haven't seen anything that would convince me to be any more optimistic.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Wow, caught me on a bad day with that one, shoeless - after last night's performance. Ruff has to go. I've always given him the benefit of the doubt....year-in/year-out. Look at his history, look at this season and ya get what ya get...he's a slightly above average coach. No more no less.

Excuse my mini-rant....my point in all that is in a one year roto I would look to the waiver for a rook on a more stable team (Couturier, Read, Henrique et al). Ennis holds much value long term, and may experience fits-n-spurts of point production this season to warrant keeping as a 3rd liner in pts only one year leagues. But right now he's an inconsistent player w/ no PP time on an inconsistent team.

Hell, I'd recommend Kassian over Ennis in a one year roto....but for Ruff's erratic line changes, call-ups/drop-downs.

It pains me to not recommend a Sabre, but....
    Good enough for me, Bommer - many thanks - Ennis is gone. I have Perron on IR so not a difficult drop to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Good enough for me, Bommer - many thanks - Ennis is gone. I have Perron on IR so not a difficult drop to make.
    Glad to help, my friend.

Perron's a good one. I just grabbed Vrbata off the WW as a short term fill-in for Hall. has worked out rather well.

Good luck, Shoeless.
    @SmittysRant

Default Panthers @ Sabres - 12.09.2011

Nothing to say that hasn't been said re the team overall. Panthers playing for first overall in the East. Sabres playing for their livelihood.

Miller in net tonight.

Finley sent down. Szczehura (pronounced: SHUH-her-ah) re-called.

Kaleta, Gerbe, Myers, Weber, Boyes are out.

McCormick, Leopold are in.

Lines at practice:

Vanek-Hecht-Pominville
    Ennis-Roy-Stafford
    Adam-Gaustad-Kassian
    McCormick-Ellis-Tropp

Ehrhoff-Gragnani
    Regehr-Sekera
    McNabb-Leopold
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Star

I hope miller has a great game today. my team is hurtin.

Administrator

Bomm, what's your level of confidence in a win tonight on a scale of 1-10?
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Well for what it's worth, MD - I am sitting on an 8.

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Bomm, what's your level of confidence in a win tonight on a scale of 1-10?
    They seriously need this win, from a team morale standpoint. Im gonna go with shoeless and give 'em an 8.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    They seriously need this win, from a team morale standpoint. Im gonna go with shoeless and give 'em an 8.
    Florida coming into a back to back after having won but likely being taking to the wall physically by the Bruins suggests to me that they won't have their A game for the Sabres as well.

But the motivation to win is likely the biggest factor for me as well. I'm throwing every Sabre I own on the ice for this puppy - even Ennis.

Clemmensen is in net too, so there's that too. 3-0 Sabres? Love the adam gaustad kassian line in this one.
    @SmittysRant

Well a much needed win! I figured 3-0 on the assumption of Panthers being a little beat up after a Bruins game, figured they would get two in on Clem and one empty netter

Turned out much more defensive a game than i had anticipated but really should have expected. 2-1 final in OT.

Good win.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Star

Buffalo Sabres (Official Site) >> SABRES RECALL FORWARD COLIN STUART buzztap.com/-GaVDh6