Page 30 of 89 FirstFirst ... 20 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 40 80 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Sabres

On the after work train home. Just thinking about picking up some sausages, rolls, some guinness and planting my carcass for Sabres/red Wings fun.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Star

Miller isnt starting tonight , Enroth in.

Man the Sabres dont have it.

Ruff is the next coach to go.
    Last edited by Ballsakic; December 2, 2011 at 8:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballsakic View Post
    Miller isnt starting tonight , Enroth in.

Man the Sabres dont have it.

Ruff is the next coach to go.
    Sabres look awe struck. Too much poke checking and watching, not enough hitting and getting in DET way. Lazy penalties ensue....

Sabres gonna do that much watching and admiring on the ice they should grab some popcorn and ask for autographs while they are at it.

Finley won't get too much more ice time. He looked out of place out there. too concerned with where he was on the ice detracted from his physical game. Second goal was him poke checking and looking around instead of attacking and preventing circulation.

Hecht and Kassian both turnovers in the neutral zone, the formers led to goal.

Gonna be a looooooong m-f-ing night. Good thing DET is my second fav team.
    @SmittysRant

Did anyone see the McNabb hits on both Datsyuk and Abdelkader? That hit on Datsyuk is illegal in most states
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Genius

I saw it! He just got his shoulder, but it really spun Datsyuk. I couldn't tell who hit him, until you said it. I can't read even on my 52" tv... That's just sad.

Anyways, glad to see Miller on the bench, though Enroth hasn't been great tonight, he's at least settled down now. That's always a good sign.

So besides the big hits, how does McNabb look? I got him in our UHL league.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

He's great love his game. Probably would not start him regularly yet. But he'll be stud. Poor Finley 7:05 in ice time.

Tough game for your first start brother. Just hang in there and focus youll get ther yet.
    @SmittysRant

Very late, I know, but just a whirlwind of a Saturday...sorry.

Uhhhh....Sabres were totally out classed last night. That's all I have to say on that.

Tonight: Miller-IN, Gerbe-OUT (a LOT of stitches and home resting)
    Kaleta-OUT
    Tropp-Called up.

Sorry guests on their way so I don't know how much in-game posting I can do. Enjoy and talk to ya'll tomorrow.
    @SmittysRant

Preds game isn't cool w/out my man Dutch's input. Where art thou, oh brother?
    @SmittysRant

Ruff's take on the Tootoo hit on Miller (Tell us how ya really feel, Lindy!)
    http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/...ts-a-joke.html
    @SmittysRant

Default Flyers @ Sabres - 12.07.2011

Beginning a five game home stand tonight versus the Flyers who are themselves finishing up a 3-4(?) game road trip. Normally I would have warm fuzzy feelings - like when I watch Keira Knightly from afar...grrrrr....[ahem] I digress

As I was saying...Normally I would feel pleased as punch about a home stand, but considering the Sabres are 6-8-1 at the F-N Center thus far, well, let's just say I am less than thrilled. Also, if you recall, Miller's last appearance versus Philly he let in 3 goals in the first six minutes of the game.

Should be interesting.

Line up details are sketchy due to funeral services being held for a highly respected Buffalo sports reporter, Allen Wilson, who passed away Sat after a battle with leukemia. Allen was , 49 - R.I.P. brother.

• Miller gets the nod tonight
    • Sabres still have Myers, Boyes, Weber, Kaleta and McCormick hurt. But I heard McCormick is playing tonight and that Leopold is probable.
    • Also...I heard Gerbe is playing with a full cage. Gerbe if you recall, caught a Gaustad skate under his nose, slicing his upper lip.
    • This is going to be another physical test for the Sabres so look for McNabb, Kassian, McCormick, Gaustad, and Regehr to all have big games in the hit/pim department
    • Speaking of Kassian....he usurps Ennis' PP time during the Preds game, and will continue tonight with the extra ice time. This will be a big game for him. I recommend starting him tonight in leagues that reward PIMs, hits and PP pts. Zac Rinaldo anyone???
    • Speaking of Ennis - if he knows what's good for him, he'll take Ruff's advice and shoot the puck more often. Ruff warned him he was stick handling too much during the Preds game. Subsequently, Ennis scored his first goal of the season. I think he'll have a big game tonight.
    • Joe Finley is once again recalled. This game may be more to his liking and current skill set. Don't start him in any format, however, if he sees 10 min of ice, I would consider that a huge success.

These games always pose such a conundrum for this Giroux owner. Here's hoping for multiple Giroux pts + a Sabres win.

Hey, I can be greedy...it's Christmas time.

Ciao
    @SmittysRant

Read and Couturier (sp?) on the PK - very impressive
    Stafford showing some moxie - interesting
    Kassian drawing the penalty - cool
    Sabres fail yet again at home on the PP - not cool
    @SmittysRant

two glaring give aways by Philly and the last results in a PP goal for Buf. Kassian w/the assist, Leino w/ a goal
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ninja

That was an absolutely filthy play by Adam/Kassian to Leino.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

1st period cont...

Giroux looks great but Miller is better thus far. Much better than the first Meet-n-Greet.

Rinaldo taks a run at Ennis, and Finley goes Rinaldo hunting. didn't get the match-up he wanted...wound up in the box. Good to see him stand up.

Jagr flubs a break away...great Miller poke check and puts the kibosh on any rebound follow-up. McNabb (my boy) w/ the give away that led to that opportunity.

Ruff changing up the D-pairings early. Finley and McNabb paired up now and look ver physical out there. Playing well together. Ruff really giving Finley an opportunity to succeed.

Kassian w/ HUGE goal!! Told you to start him tonight. What a shot - top right on Bryz, stick side.

Mezaros takes sloppy penalty on Ennis, and Vanek makes them pay on the PP. 3-0. Buff.

Damn Talbot scores w/ one sec remaining. 3-1. Good period overall for Sabres - take aways, PP goals and Tropp just kicks the crap outta Rinaldo!!

Damn fine way to end a very good period. now where's my pizza???
    @SmittysRant

Sabres almost blow the two goal lead at the start of the period.

Gerbe takes a slam in the boards. Draws the penalty and Ellis comes to his rescue. Who knew Ellis could fight? Not bad.

Regehr on Jagr all night. Just quietly does his job ver well.

Ehrhoff with a turnover and another Flyer goal. Ehrhoff needs to calm the hell down. He knows better.

Sabres w/more take aways. Really good to see.

Vanek slapper, Bryz with big rebound Nd no one there to knock it home.

Absolutely love the way Kassian plays. Multi cat stud to be.

Gerbe has yet to return. Stitches reopened. Sucks

Tropp, Kass, McNabb and Adam will all be something good for this team and fantasy GMs.

Why does Hartmell always score on Miller?

Give away by Ennis, and Giroux with the assist. Tie game peeps.

Jagr goal for the lead. Man Sabres with three SOG this period. Blow the lead.

Again with the incomsistent play within a game is going to cost them.
    Last edited by Bomm Bastic; December 7, 2011 at 9:15 PM.
    @SmittysRant