Page 28 of 89 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 38 78 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Sabres

Default Devils @ Sabres - 11/16/11

Have to keep this very brief, sorry.

Myers and Weber - IN
    Gragnani - OUT

My guess is that Ruff expects a more defensive game, w/out many PP opportunities. Ergo.....Gragnani not needed.

Tropp - IN
    McCormick - OUT

Peculiar that McCormick's injury is this ambiguous "he's not well after a hit" description, but yesterday just prior to Lucic's hearing the team released a presser indicating Miller suffered from headaches, whiplash, dizzieness, occasional bouts of diarrhea in conjunction w/elevated levels of dopamine....and stigmata.

[ahem...] Just sayin.

Adam- OUT...well, rather off the first line
    Roy - ON the first line

Yeah, Ruff is at it again. Last period of the Montreal game Ruff switches up the top unit to get some mojo going in the game, and 53 secs into the period...BAM! Roy scores.

Look for this line to stick for a few games, but remember!!! Vanek really came into his own, last year, when Roy was out long term w/injury. Vanek for whatever reason, grabbed hold of the responsibility, didn't rely on Roy to do everything and...he is what he is today. An f-ing offensive machine.

If Ruff so much as catches a whiff of a Vanek regression, he'll bust that line up faster than you can say "Ehrhoff needs to shoot the puck more!"

...or something like that.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Star

Here we go again. The defense has to start early in the game.
    That is what killed Miller. Now it's happening to the Little E

Myers is out a month - confirmed - broken wrist.

Sorry for no updates over the weekend, but I was doing a floor install in the hockey room and getting the audio/video all wired in.

All done, thank goodness. No more major projects 'till the spring.
    @SmittysRant

Default Boston @ Buffalo - Night of Redemption

By now we all know the background story to tonight's adventure:

Eve is naked in a garden when Adam walks upon....

No...no...not that story. The story about a certainly sinster Mister Lucic and his fabled, if not infamous run at Jesus...err, Ryan Miller, his teammates failing to stand up for him, Sheriff Shanny's failure to enforce maverick justice on behalf of Pegula...blah-blah-blah...oh the humanity....etc....

Well, fear not hockey/fight fans, the night of redemption is upon us! Oh yes, there will be blood. Sure since the last game everyone has been playing coy, with the business as usual answers: that's behind us; we need to move forward, must focus on getting the win; and my favorite from Stafford, I peed a little that night.

But don't let their calm, cool, and collect demeanor fool you. Oh no! I know better.

You see, your's truly was invited to a press conference, at the insistence of Mr. Pegula himself. He and Darcy wanted to round up the local press corp. in order to quell any innuendo and rumor re revenge tactics and underhandedness. But what Mr. Pegula doesn't know is that after he dismissed us all, I placed a hidden camera in an attempt to capture any candid comments between he and Darcy.

See for yourself, and pray Sheriff Shanny doesn't catch wind:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb2zIR2rvRQ

Just have to focus on the win, indeed.

So with the pomp and circumstance of a build up to tonight's game, is it just much ado about nothing? Probably. There may be a fight, but remember McCormick, Weber, Myers are all out. So that leave Hecht?!? I'd actually like to see that.

Gaustad? Regehr? Maybe.

But if the Sabres were smart here's what they should do: The Bruins are THE most easily agitated team in the NHL. God forbid ya give 'em an extra poke here or a late jab there. They will overreact at any perceived slight, because their only [major] flaw is their over inflated bravado. The Sabres would be wise to use that to their advantage. See the Bruins are expecting a fight, and they will be easily goaded into premature aggressiveness, and subsequent penalties.

In short, this game is screeeeeeeeaming for power play goals; take advantage of it. Then, if the situation presents late in the game and the Sabres have a nice lead....fight 'till your hearts content.

Personally, I just want one solid punch landing square on Lucic's beak. Just one. I got money on a bet that he doesn't smile.

I also wouldn't be surprise if the game went without incident. This is for first place, afterall.
    @SmittysRant

Ok I despise Chara
    @SmittysRant

• Sabres had a 3-1 lead, played a most excellent first period. Then the second period came along and fizzled like a wet fart after a Guinness bender.
    • Sabres cannot play consistently between games, nor w/in them. It's been a pattern for a number of years now and I grow tired of their streakieness. Allow me to begin the Ruff/Regier rumors...
    • Chara cross checking Gerbe from behind for absolutely no apparent reason, other than that's what tough guys do. He's tough cuz he's tall - that's it. I am really not impressed with anything he does.
    • Gragnani w/ two helpers; Ehrhoff w/ a goal, and TJ Brennan getting the call-up and contributing w/his first NHL! Good on him.
    • Watching Gerbe and Marchand go at it was enjoyable. I found it rather telling how riled the B's became when the Sabres employed their own tactics. Irony much?
    • Yes...I am bitter about the loss.

To all my U.S brethren....Happy thanksgiving!!

...now if you'll excuse me, I am going to nap in a vat of gravy.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Was Adam injured or benched last night? Saw that he played just over 3 minutes last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluejaka View Post
    Was Adam injured or benched last night? Saw that he played just over 3 minutes last night.
    Oh shit...forgot about that. Thanks, bluejaka...yeah, he got hurt. Got hurt on a beautiful hip check. Ya just don't see enough of those.

Sternum, I believe. I'll get more details out as I receive them.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Star

Buffalo Sabres (Official Site) >> KASSIAN RECALLED FROM AMERKS http://buzztap.com/-vvwMIv

Quote Originally Posted by Ballsakic View Post
    Buffalo Sabres (Official Site) >> KASSIAN RECALLED FROM AMERKS http://buzztap.com/-vvwMIv

Indeed, they have! Boyes is out w/an a bum ankle and they're thin in the forward dept. Lines in practice looked like:

Vanek-Hecht-Pominville
    Leino-Roy-Stafford
    Gerbe-Gaustad-Tropp
    Ennis-Adam-Ellis

NOTE: Ennis is still out. Therefore, Kassian will be taking his place.
    @SmittysRant

Lazy penalties. Sabres look like crapola and are down 2-0, after the first

EDIT Enroth out/Macintyre in

Womder how many sabres fams still want Miller traded?
    Last edited by Bomm Bastic; November 25, 2011 at 8:13 PM.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Star

is it Enroth's fault?

Quote Originally Posted by Ballsakic View Post
    is it Enroth's fault?
    As much as it was Miller's.
    @SmittysRant

Wow...so much to write about and so little time. Loved what the attitude and effort the newbies brought to dance on Sat versus the Caps. To McNabb, Tropp, and Kassian: Boudreau will not be sending you Christmas presents (or maybe he will...???).

Miller aims to practice on Wednesday. Ennis is getting closer. Lines at practice were:

Vanek-Hecht-Pominville
    Gerbe-Roy-Kassian
    Leino-Adam-Stafford
    Ellis-Gaustad-Kaleta

Ennis was rotated in-and-out on the Stafford line. With players getting healthier the lines aren't as stable...especially on defense:

Regehr-McNabb
    Ehrhoff-Gragnani
    Leopold-Sekera

More later.....
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Star

Default Healthy changes everything

http://bit.ly/unSviE

we will see