Page 27 of 89 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 37 77 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Sabres

Reports out of Pegulaville have Miller as the first goalie to walk off the ice after practice today - usually an indicator that he will get the nod tonight vs the Peg of Winni.

Cautiously set your line up; I will post an update when confirmed. If he indeed does start, look for a huge game. Your window to "buy low" on Miller is slowly closing.

Hey, foxygrandpa, sorry for the delay, had to take a day off. Just gets a little too bat shit crazy at times.

Ummmmmm......Myers has improved over the last couple of games. His ice time has taken off due to his effort on his defensive improvements. As far as Grags is concerned....

That's going to be tough play all season long, methinks. He's back in, mind you, the Weber experiment didn't go to well. So Grags play Fri vs. CGY and logged serious PP time, while Sat vs OTT he logged minimal PP time.

Myers had substantial PP TOI both nights. Gragnani will continue to be a reach play, imo - hot some nights/tepid others. Myers will always be the guy to start.

...w/Ehrhoff not too far behind.

EDIT: as of 11:42am (EST) it is official, Miller is in net for tonight's game.
    Last edited by Bomm Bastic; November 8, 2011 at 11:43 AM.
    @SmittysRant

Was at the Jets game tonight. I'll have more tomorrow but just wanted to say...wow, Miller does not look good at all.

Very indecisive, slow, and without assuredness of movement. Mind is not in it.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Sage

How did Roy look Bomm?
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    How did Roy look Bomm?
    That cat is on fire, as of late. Joining Pommer and Vanek on the PP really did wonders for him.
    @SmittysRant

Default Senators @ Sabres - 11/11/11

I'm gonna hang out here for awhile. The Sabres thread is my safe haven form all the other crap going on in the world. Mmmmmmmm.....that's better.

So guess who's in net tonight?

[tick...tock...tick...tock...tick...tock...]

Give up? Enroth.

Yep, seems Ruff likes Enroth's play vs. the mighty Senators, and let's face it even if you ignore Miller's play of late, his play versus the Senators historically is not all that hot. So Enroth it is, w/Miller getting the nod tomorrow night.

Can't find lines for tonight's game, so I assume they remain the same. However, I know Ruff was non to pleased w/Myers and Sekera following that last game versus the Jets.

What the team had better improve on (or heads will roll):
    • Defense (see: Sekera) needs to stop offering opposing forwards safe pasage behind our net.
    • STOP THE DAMN TURNOVERS!
    • Forwards...with the possible exception of Line #1...need to buy a f-ing clue. They have no plan, and they fail to help one another out. See one in the corner fighting for the puck? Well get the eff over there and wait for it to squirt out. Be there as an outlet. Don't leave your mates stranded.
    • Love what Tropp is doing with limited ice time. Love the energy....creates his own chances.
    • Miller. Meh....everyone knows how i feel. If not then read my post-Jets games comment. It's all in his head. He just needs to get a divorce and he'll be fine. Kidding...sorta...not.

So yeah, it ain't all Miller. Team, baby, team. Let's have a good one tonight!
    Last edited by Bomm Bastic; November 11, 2011 at 3:23 PM.
    @SmittysRant

Banned

Bomm, why does Ville Leino hate me?

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    Bomm, why does Ville Leino hate me?
    lmao...don't take it personally. He hates Buffalo too, apparently.
    @SmittysRant

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    lmao...don't take it personally. He hates Buffalo too, apparently.
    well 5 goals (so far) by the Sabres and he managed to get at least one of them! C'mon you lazy little prick, I kept your worthless ass over Versteeg

Banned

They keep panning to Miller and he looks so depressed lol

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    well 5 goals (so far) by the Sabres and he managed to get at least one of them! C'mon you lazy little prick, I kept your worthless ass over Versteeg

lmao...been playing tunes w/NWO. Lot less stressful. Ev, I hear we kicked ass. What happened?
    @SmittysRant

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    lmao...been playing tunes w/NWO. Lot less stressful. Ev, I hear we kicked ass. What happened?
    Sabres are a better team and Ottawa can't get any good shots through.

Saw the final score. Be interesting to see what happens tomorrow w/Miller in net.
    @SmittysRant

Egads that was awful.
    @SmittysRant

Default Sabres @ Canadiens - 11/14/11

Um, yeah....

I haven't posted anything of substance since Saturday night's debacle in Boston. Ashamed, I am, to call myself a fan of that team. Miller/Lucic incident aside for the moment, the Sabres played an utterly shit game. Defense was horrific. The team as a whole allowed the Bruins to do whatever they wanted, continually, throughout the game, w/nary a consequence. In fact, I was surprised the Sabres were not hand washing bear jock by the end of it all.

Now onto the hit heard around the NHL world (a/k/a I had no idea the Sabres were such pussies).

Regardless of whether or not you believe the Lucic hit was legal (irrelevant, for the purpose of this discussion). The team not only let down Miller by not collectively bludgeoning Lucic, but they made him and the NHL fully aware of how they view the All Star net minder.

Summed up, methinks, quite succinctly by the thug in question:
    "We wouldn’t accept anything like that," he said. "We would have (taken) care of business. But we're a different team than they are." ...so sayeth Milan.

How's that for insult to injury? Sad.

So if I am Miller I am asking for a trade. Why not? The players in front of him have made it very clear how they value him - as evidenced by their inaction. And spare me the bullshit post-game mea culpas. Too little, too late. Offered more out of some feigned guilt than any genuine remorse. The team has been playing soft in front of Miller for some time now. This latest incident was merely the culmination of a series of games in which inept, lazy play was the norm in front of Miller.

The team plays better in front of Enroth. So good on them because now....they got him. Milller is out indefinitely w/a concussion, thereby providing Enroth w/even more starts.

So many excuses for not stepping up. Afraid of Lucic? Then you need to get off the damn ice. Permanently.

Didn't want to get an unnecessary penalty? AN OPPOSING PLAYER TRIED TO TAKE YOUR HELPLESS GOALIE'S HEAD OFF OF HIS SHOULDERS!! I don't care if half the team had been ejected and we lost 10-1........someone needed to pummel Lucic's beak into a fine marinara pulp AND then run Thomas through the glass (sorry, Timmy...nothing personal. You understand.)

Besides, in the third the score was 6-1....games over. Done. Fin. Do something at that point, if not earlier.

Just do something.

But the Sabres didn't. And now everyone is aware. Can't un-ring that bell.

[sigh]

This team, from Ruff down, needs help. Dunno what, but they need to figure it out.

As far as tonight's game:

• Myers, minus-6 over his last four games, and one of many who failed to stand up for his team mate is a healthy scratch. Good.
    • Enroth in net (duh). MacIntyre called up as back up.
    • Let's not forget it's Miller's second concussion in eight months.
    • Weber is in for the scratched Myers.
    • They better win.

...and they better each, individually apologize to Miller.
    @SmittysRant

Tropp called up, and McCormick is out (not certain why). More on tonight's game later.
    @SmittysRant