Page 22 of 89 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 32 72 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Sabres

Adam, Ellis and McCormick fighting for that last roster spot. I'll put my money on McCormick.
    @SmittysRant

Kotalik and Morrisonn cleared waivers and are being shipped off to Rochester. Sabres are now $1.4 under the cap. Little surprised since I thought for certain a trade was imminent.

Meh...what do I know.

Other notables being sent back for further aging on the AHL vine include Marcus Foligno, Zack Kassian, TJ Brennan, Brayden McNabb, and Corey Tropp. Fourteen players altogether were sent back.

But lo and behold, Adam owners! The scamp is still fighting for a spot so there's still hope (but doubtful).
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Sage

Sad to see Kassian go, but he didn't do much against the big boys... next year!
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by ridinryan44 View Post
    Sad to see Kassian go, but he didn't do much against the big boys... next year!
    Agreed, 2012 for certain. Especially, considering all the open slots there will be at the end of this year.

Also, just a note for the two GMs out there who own Hecht, he's still not practicing. Keep in mind, Ruff is has stated that he's out due to a split lip caused by a run in w/Morrisonn...last week.

Seems like a long time to be sitting due to a split lip and some stitches. Especially when you consider he was out at the end of last year w/ a concussion.

Just sayin....
    @SmittysRant

Not much to report, really. Sabres wrapped up camp (on U.S. soil anyway) yesterday. They head out of town for a preseason game tomorrow night (Fri) @ Washington. Then they fly off to Europe on Sat afternoon. They may have another open exhibition on Sat morning...not certain about that.

Speaking of open exhibitions....at yesterday's Kaleta received what appeared to be stinger from Thomas Vanek, when Vanek knocked him woozy w/a shoulder-to-chin hit.

NHL's Shanahan to review this intra-squad incident; Vanek looking at a possible 15 game suspension (jk)

Defensive pairing are shaping up thusly: Regehr/Myers, Ehrhoff/Leopold, Sekera/Weber, leaving Gragnani roaming the streets begging for pick-up games in lieu of food.

That's all I got for now....Sabres open their season overseas on Friday, Oct 7th in Helsinki @ 1pm est (yours truly has that day off)....and then on Sat in Berlin @ 2pm est.
    Teams are ANA and LAK, but I forget which-is-which.
    @SmittysRant

Default Afternoon Updates

• Sabres are off to Washington for their game tomorrow night
    • Roy practiced fully, but will not play. Ruff doesn't feel a need.
    • Chance that Miller/Enroth split time tomorrow night
    • Hecht skated on his own, after the team practice
    • Split lip my ass
    @SmittysRant

Kotalik to play for a team in his hometown, Czech Republic.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Not much to report, really. Sabres wrapped up camp (on U.S. soil anyway) yesterday. They head out of town for a preseason game tomorrow night (Fri) @ Washington. Then they fly off to Europe on Sat afternoon. They may have another open exhibition on Sat morning...not certain about that.

Speaking of open exhibitions....at yesterday's Kaleta received what appeared to be stinger from Thomas Vanek, when Vanek knocked him woozy w/a shoulder-to-chin hit.

NHL's Shanahan to review this intra-squad incident; Vanek looking at a possible 15 game suspension (jk)

Defensive pairing are shaping up thusly: Regehr/Myers, Ehrhoff/Leopold, Sekera/Weber, leaving Gragnani roaming the streets begging for pick-up games in lieu of food.

That's all I got for now....Sabres open their season overseas on Friday, Oct 7th in Helsinki @ 1pm est (yours truly has that day off)....and then on Sat in Berlin @ 2pm est.
    Teams are ANA and LAK, but I forget which-is-which.
    thanks for the insights boom. what do you see playing out with Gragnani? need to decide between him and rundblad for the this year. it seems both might not be good options to contribute on a regular basis.

just wondering if you see him being a PP spe******t a la MA Bergeron and actualy notching 30 pts or if he is destined to get the shaft...

Exclamation Latest PP Lines

Good news for Pominville, Gragnani, and Adam owners.....for now, anyway.

Practice today, and the PP lines looked like:

1st Unit - Pominville-Adam-Vanek w/Ehrhoff-Gragnani
    2nd Unit - Ennis-Leino-Stafford w/Myers-Leopold

As a fan, I really like that Ehrhoff/Gragnani combo...A LOT. As a fantasy GM, I'm happy as well because the PP time w/Ehrhoff should help supplement any deficiencies Grags may find with re to even-strength TOI and subsequent production..or lack thereof. If Grags sticks w/the first unit, 35pts isn't out of the realm of possibility.

However, you will be wise to always remember my caveat numero uno: Ruff changes lines faster than Charlie Sheen can snort 'em.
    @SmittysRant

Quote Originally Posted by 2 Minutes For Bearding View Post
    thanks for the insights boom. what do you see playing out with Gragnani? need to decide between him and rundblad for the this year. it seems both might not be good options to contribute on a regular basis.

just wondering if you see him being a PP spe******t a la MA Bergeron and actualy notching 30 pts or if he is destined to get the shaft...
    Thanks, 2 Mins. Looks like I unknowingly answered your question in my last post. Let me know what ya think.

Consult w/ Big Ev re Rundblad....he'd have a much better idea re his situation. Tell him I said he needs to first take off his rose colored glasses, before making his assessment.

he'll love ya for that remark...promise.
    @SmittysRant

Default Sunday Sabres Update

Man, moved out when I was 18 and lived in an apartment for 25yrs. Never realized how lazy I was until I got this house. Been remodeling the "hockey room" all day, and finally showered, opened a beer and have a chance to look at all my football scores.

Thought I would throw somethin' up re the Sabres while I had the chance.

Practicing in Mannheim and the lines looked like:

Vanek-Adam-Pominville
    Ennis-Leino-Boyes
    Gerbe-Roy-Stafford
    McCormick-Ellis/Gaustad-Kaleta.

Take from that what you will, but I wouldn't read too much into it. Roy is coming off an injury, Boyes will eventually get dropped a line, and Hecht is still out so his return and Roy's rebound may mean the end to Adam on the top line.

Ya think?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Does Gragnani make it and if so what does he top out points wise this year and in the future?

have a trade offer of my Berglund for his Purcell and Gragnani.(full keeper,standard cats).

Quote Originally Posted by Gripnrip13 View Post
    Does Gragnani make it and if so what does he top out points wise this year and in the future?

have a trade offer of my Berglund for his Purcell and Gragnani.(full keeper,standard cats).
    Well, he's made the team, yes. It's a question of whether he sticks on the first unit PP. If so, then 30-35 is not out of the realm of possibility. If not, then he's a third pairing d-man only.

He certainly has a shot at top four if Sekera winds up in Ruff's dog house - probably a 50/50 shot at that happening too.

I'm keeping tabs on the situation and will update as the info becomes available.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Rookie

So, what is Gerbe's stock right now?
    9 Team ROTO League (ESPN), 10 Keepers, 2 Kid-Keepers (82 or less NHL-games played), 4 C, 4 RW, 4 LW, 6 D, 2 G, 5 UTIL, Game-Limits: Forwards 984, Defensemen 492, Goalies: 164

G, A, PPP, PIM, +/-, HIT, SOG; W, SO, GAA, SV%

C: Datsyuk, RNH, Bergeron, Spezza, Rinaldo
    LW: Ovechkin, Kunitz, Hall, Perron, Clowe
    RW: Callahan, Clarkson, Stewart, Brunner, Vrbata
    D: Del Zotto, Hedman, Ehrhoff, Goligoski, Visnovsky, Martin

G: Howard, Rinne, Ellis

IR: Ward, Spezza

Quote Originally Posted by Downie_27 View Post
    So, what is Gerbe's stock right now?
    Climbing. 55 points and nice periphs in the blocked shots, hits realm. Before you laugh at that, keep in mind, Adam has a very, very good chance of sticking on the top line w/Pommer and Vanek. That puts Leino on the second w/Stafford and...dare I say....Boyes.

That means Roy could easily wind up on the 3rd line.....a very good 3rd line.. w/Gerbe. Remember (or not), Ruff stated at the beginning of 2010 he wanted to roll three lines (top nine). This may be the opportunity he has been waiting for (awkward sentence, be damned).

Bad news for Roy owners. Great news for Gerbe owners.

File under: Why so defensive?

Here's the deal: Sabres will carry seven d-men all season. Know that.

In order to send one down, they would have to clear waivers and that will not happen, no matter the player. So who's the odd man out?, you ask.

Fear not, Gragnani owners, the pairings look like
    Myers/Regehr
    Ehrhoff/Leopold
    Sekera/Gragnani

....and then

Weber.
    @SmittysRant