Page 15 of 89 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Sabres

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Hasn't decided yet eh?

Think first and a prospect or even just the first and a later pick are a pretty fair deal for both sides.
    He's to have a decision today. If not look for Sabres to make a push for Ehrhoff.
    BIG RUMOUR that Sabres are in the lead pack for Stamkos' rights.

Now I know what you're all thinking "You're F-ing Nuts, Bomm!"

Yes, I am, but that's beside the point. Probably a 0.00001% of that happening.

But a guy can dream....
    @SmittysRant

Default Update

Reports are:

1. Regehr is not opposed to coming to Buff, but.....wants to wait and see what else is out there (damn you San Jose). So we should still have a final answer by day's end.

2. Sabres would also have to take some cap from the Flames in the form of Stajan, Hagman and/or Kotalik - some combo thereof.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    He's to have a decision today. If not look for Sabres to make a push for Ehrhoff.
    BIG RUMOUR that Sabres are in the lead pack for Stamkos' rights.

Now I know what you're all thinking "You're F-ing Nuts, Bomm!"

Yes, I am, but that's beside the point. Probably a 0.00001% of that happening.

But a guy can dream....
    You're F-ing Nuts, Bomm!

Reports are:

1. Regehr is not opposed to coming to Buff, but.....wants to wait and see what else is out there (damn you San Jose). So we should still have a final answer by day's end.

2. Sabres would also have to take some cap from the Flames in the form of Stajan, Hagman and/or Kotalik - some combo thereof.
    Can't blame him for preferring to go to SJS...

And deal gets even better for CGY if they can unload one of Stajan/Hagman/Kotalik

Thumbs down Bummer

Reports are Regehr is not going to waive his no trade clause to come to Buffalo. No details yet.

Too bad...on to Ehrhoff!!
    @SmittysRant

Done deal! Coming to BUF!

Apparently Pegula contacted him and convinced him.

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Done deal! Coming to BUF!

Apparently Pegula contacted him and convinced him.
    As I told RR44...you can't resist The Pegula!
    @SmittysRant

That deal got worse and worse for CGY and better and better for BUF as time went on haha

Yeah no shit....I think we got a pick back (2012) on top of it all. Amazing!

Pegula: You will give us Regehr

Feaster: We will give you Regehr

Pegula: ...and a second rounder in 2012

Feaster: ...and a second rounder in 2012

Pegula: ....and a shrubbery

Feaster ...and a shrubbery

Pegula: These aren't the droids you are looking for

Feaster: These aren't the droids I was looking for
    @SmittysRant

Hahaahaa

Too funny Bomm.

Default Tim Connolly

This is really a niche article/update for the two Tim Connolly owners out there.

During a local radio interview this morning, Regier gave me the impression that the Sabres are in negotiations w/Connolly. I believe they would sign him assuming the terms are to their liking due to the fact the they are thin at that position.

That said, Regier also indicated that Ruff sees Connolly as more of a defensive role player, especially in the penalty kill role. He continued by saying that Ruff doesn't focus on his offensive potential anymore.

Take that for what it's worth...
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I would be very pleased to see Connolly come back as the Sabres' third line Center and a PK player. He's great in those roles and we could really use him there, but not at the price of a premier offensive weapon and top two Center. If he wants to stay in Buffalo for $2-2.5 million I'd be glad to have him.

*edit* I tried to call Connolly a PK spe******t three times and all I get are stars...I don't get it.

s-p-e-c-i-a-l-i-s-t

Oh...lmao...boner drugs...I get it now. That's pretty funny.
    Last edited by Reddawg; June 27, 2011 at 11:37 AM.
    In Dobber Veritas

Quote Originally Posted by Reddawg View Post
    I would be very pleased to see Connolly come back as the Sabres' third line Center and a PK player. He's great in those roles and we could really use him there, but not at the price of a premier offensive weapon and top two Center. If he wants to stay in Buffalo for $2-2.5 million I'd be glad to have him.
    Agreed, Reddawg, if the contract is good for the team at the right price I wouldn't mind it either. Sabres need centers so if Regier is considering moving Hecht to center, he might as well hang onto Connolly until Adam is capable of stepping in that role.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddawg View Post
    *edit* I tried to call Connolly a PK spe******t three times and all I get are stars...I don't get it.

s-p-e-c-i-a-l-i-s-t

Oh...lmao...boner drugs...I get it now. That's pretty funny.
    lol...yepper
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Agreed, Reddawg, if the contract is good for the team at the right price I wouldn't mind it either. Sabres need centers so if Regier is considering moving Hecht to center, he might as well hang onto Connolly until Adam is capable of stepping in that role.
    Yeah, Hecht - Connolly - Pominville is a very serviceable 3rd line for Buffalo, would not mind seeing that at all. Very expensive though.<grin>

Get us a #1 Center between Vanek and Boyes or Vanek and Stafford, you'll see fireworks from this team rolling three really good scoring lines next year.

Vanek - UFA/Trade - Boyes
    Ennis - Roy - Stafford
    Hecht - Connolly - Pominville
    Gerbe - Gaustad - Kaleta

McCormick, Adam, Kassian extras
    In Dobber Veritas

It's official, Regier has $15mil to "play with". Brad Richards? Another d-man?

Regardless, this is the first free agency-summer I have ever been this excited. Friday can't get here fast enough.
    @SmittysRant

On an aside.....I think a lot of folks are discounting or altogether not considering the Sabres as serious contenders in the soap opera that is Brad Richards. Granted I completely understand (no hard feelings) because we never have been in years past. Never. So why should we be considered now? I get it.

That said, while ultimately it will be Richards and Richards' decision alone as to whether he wants to be a member of the Sabres organization, make no mistake the Sabres will indeed be making a legit and very viable offer for the top line pivot. If the Leafs and Rangers think $6.5 will cut it (rumor I heard...that is their max), they better think again.

Richards' agent was interviewed this morning on local AM radio, and asked specifically "what is Richards looking for in a team (money aside)?". His response: a hockey town, legit chance of winning, and young players who can step up.

That's Buffalo to a 'T'. Now I am not naive enough to fail to realize that he is an over-glorified salesman attempting to peddle his product, but.....

...ya never know.

The exact quote:
    "He would like to first and foremost, when you've won a Stanley Cup, you want to win another one. He'd like to win again and have an opportunity to be with a team that has younger players coming in to fill and in a market where hockey matters every game, game in and game out with full buildings. A hockey market with an opportunity to win are the top 2 criteria."
    Last edited by Bomm Bastic; June 30, 2011 at 7:53 AM.
    @SmittysRant