Thread: Rask vs Rinne

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Rask vs Rinne

Keeper League. Team and League in sig.

I've been offered my Rask for his Rinne.

I'm still a believer in Rask and that he should take over after next year if BOS doesn't resign Thomas. I like BOS as a team better than NAS.

Long term, who's the better one?
    Last edited by valec; March 5, 2011 at 6:01 PM.
    DYNASTY Cap(127M) 12 Team
    G, A, PIM(.1), positive +/- D only, W(2), SO(2), OTL(1)
    23 + 4 IR + 7 prospects (locked in for season if under 200 GP)
    Start: 11F, 5D, 2G - 82 games each slot

F: Crosby, Malkin, Aho, Rantanen, Batherson, Boldy, Kempe, Pavelski, Duchene, Hagel, Frost [Duclair, Farabee, Jenner]
    D: Fox, Karlsson, Hamilton, Letang, Montour
    IR:
    G: Sorokin, Kuemper[Husso, Kochetkov]

P: Stankoven, Tomasino, Vilardi, Sanderson, York, Zellweger, Wahlstrom
    Roster Cap Breakdown

DYNASTY Cap (110M) 12 Team 2
    G, A, PIM(.1), Positive +/- D only(0.5), Hattie(3), W(2), SO(3), OTL(1)
    League & Roster Info

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thomas is already signed for next season.

I like Rinne for now but I can't help but think Rask has higher upside down the road given the strength of the team in Boston moving forward. That being said I'm big on both of them.

It would depend on your timeline to win.
    16 Team 4th Year H2H Yahoo! Keeper League, 2012 Champion
    Keep 8 (Max 1 Goalie) + 2* (23 and under)
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,FW,HIT,BLK,W,GAA,SV,SV%
    2LW,3C,2RW,3D,1U,2G,8BN,3IR
    LW Landeskog*, C Tavares*,Getzlaf, RW Ovechkin,Malkin(C),Seguin*(C),D Subban,G Lundqvist, Lehner*
    Draft - 1st,2 2nds, 2 3rds.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thank you for the reply. First post out of 65 views. Appreciated.

Well i'm in the top three this year and should be again next year. Especially if Spezza plays more games.
    I'm content in riding out Rask for another year. He may even get more games next year.

However, if I can get more ( he's a big Bruins/Rask fan) out of him, it may be worth to make the move. Could move up in the draft this year as he'll have 2/3 overall.

The big thing for me is the long term. Rinne has already had injury issues this year and we know how Nashville has been with goalies in the past.
    DYNASTY Cap(127M) 12 Team
    G, A, PIM(.1), positive +/- D only, W(2), SO(2), OTL(1)
    23 + 4 IR + 7 prospects (locked in for season if under 200 GP)
    Start: 11F, 5D, 2G - 82 games each slot

F: Crosby, Malkin, Aho, Rantanen, Batherson, Boldy, Kempe, Pavelski, Duchene, Hagel, Frost [Duclair, Farabee, Jenner]
    D: Fox, Karlsson, Hamilton, Letang, Montour
    IR:
    G: Sorokin, Kuemper[Husso, Kochetkov]

P: Stankoven, Tomasino, Vilardi, Sanderson, York, Zellweger, Wahlstrom
    Roster Cap Breakdown

DYNASTY Cap (110M) 12 Team 2
    G, A, PIM(.1), Positive +/- D only(0.5), Hattie(3), W(2), SO(3), OTL(1)
    League & Roster Info

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think with the fact that your competing right now Rinne is that way to go, look at what he's done this year and acutally the two years before that as well. Although Rask will be great it's hard imagine him doing a whole lot better than Rinne is, and he's young and Nashville is a pretty defensive team as well.

So I prefer Rinne for you at this point, if you can get anything else at all that'd be awesome.
    16 team H2H
    Start 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 4 D, 2 G
    G A +/- PIM PPP SHP GWG SOG FW
    W GAA SV SV% SO
    Keep - 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 2D, 1G

C - Crosby, Pettersson, Pageau
    LW - Teravainen, Kaprizov, Keller, gusev, Lafreniere
    RW- Stone, Kucherov(IR), Wheeler, foligno
    D - Letang, Makar, Hronek, Dumba
    G - Hellebuyck, Samsonov, Grubauer, Bernier, Rinne

Banned

funny, I offered the same deal in one of my leagues (I had the Rinne side) and the other GM sorta scoffed at it which I found surprising...his rationale was that Rask was younger, on a better team and more talented. My rationale for offering it was that he has a good chance to make a strong run in the playoffs so I was dealing productivity NOW for equal productivity later, all I asked in return was a small upgrade (i.e. player upgrade or pick)

Now granted Rask is younger and yes the Bruins are a better team, but in terms of team defense I don't think the Preds are that far off, they play a good system in front of Rinne, one that lets him shine, if they were in the East they would have more wins for sure.

But the last one is complete horseshit IMO, I think Rinne is one of the most talented tenders in the league, I always look at S% as my measuring stick since that tends to filter out the effect of their team on their numbers and Rinne's been great in that cat and only getting better. Rask looks like he's going to be real good too but he just hasn't played enough for me to be confident he's going to live up to the hype...what if he pulls a Mason on us and falls apart? Also, TT is playing lights out and is still under contract next year, how long do you want to wait for a player of equal potential, esp when your team is poised to compete now? I dunno, I thought it was a good offer, that's why I found the response baffling. I think they may well wind up to be very similar in terms of fantasy value, I just think Rinne is more of the sure thing and definitely the guy to own now and next year

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by valec View Post
    Keeper League. Team and League in sig.

I've been offered my Rask for his Rinne.

I'm still a believer in Rask and that he should take over after next year if BOS doesn't resign Thomas. I like BOS as a team better than NAS.

Long term, who's the better one?

Take Rinne. I'm a big believer in proven over unproven and Rinne is far more proven. Your getting a Vezina level goalie (who plays in the West which makes it more important) who is still relatively young for a goalie that has to pass a vezina level goalie. Do the deal and you become a contender for years.
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by reinjosh View Post
    Take Rinne. I'm a big believer in proven over unproven and Rinne is far more proven.
    Rask proved himself last season. Rinne is doing it this season. If it wasn't for Thomas playing out of his mind Rask would be proving it again this year. Boston has the luxury of having two
    top goalies. If it was for this season or perhaps next I would consider it if the + wasn't too costly. Boston will spend money to put the best possible team in front of their goalie where history has shown Nashville won't. Long term, Rask all the way.
    GO BRUINS

20 team Keeper - Protect 10
    Dress weekly 8 Fwds 4 D-men 1 Goalie
    Fwds 1pt - gl 1pt - asst
    Dmen 2pt - gl 1pt - asst FWDS & D-Men 1pt PPG / SHG / OTG
    Goalies 3pts-win 2pts-shutout