Thread: Halak vs Niemi

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Halak vs Niemi

Now that Niemi has some job security, how do you feel about both of these guys going forward over the next few years? W, GAA, Sv%, SO? Are they pretty close like I think?

The Great One

tough call...I think Halak is the better goalie, but San Jose might be the better team (though I do like the direction St. Louis is going). Niemi has been inconsistent at times, but he has looked very good lately. This really is a very tough call. I think they are about even in terms of fantasy value at this point. If I really had to make a decision, I'd choose Halak, but it is close.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Niemi

While I agree that Halak is the better goalie I really like Niemi's situation in San Jose and how the Sharks have adopted to his style and play with more confidence with him in net. I actually traded Hiller for him in a dynasty keeper (his vertigo issues kind of made me panic) so I think he will be very solid.

Slight edge for Niemi on my books, but really really close.

The Great One

the fact that more people haven't given an opinion might suggest that it is a tough call and people generally aren't sure which way to go on this

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'm going to say Halak over the longer term because St. Louis has a team with some nice young parts, where on the other hand I think San Jose's window is closing.

But Niemi might have a better year next season.

RETIRED