Thread: Pick up Emery right away?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Pick up Emery right away?

My goalies are Brodeur, Elliot, and Rinne..with Giguere on the IR. Not the best of goalies offcourse. I only have 3 moves left all season. If Hiller is out longterm and the backup struggling, does it mean Emery steals the number 1 job for Anaheim. He could be the answer to my third goalie help. Thanks guys

Stats are G, A, P, Plus/Minus, PIM, SOG, GWG, PPG, PPA, Hits, Faceoffs Won, Block Shots...Goalies are GS, W, L, SHO, GA, GAA, SV%, MIN, Saves,

C - Lecavalier, Datsyuk, Couture, Getzlaf
    LW - Elias, Whitney
    RW - Kessel, Selanne
    D - E. Johnson, Liles, Myers, McCabe
    Util - Peverley (C), Gagne (LW), Justin Williams (RW)
    G - Rinne, Giguere, Brodeur, Elliot (can start 2 any night)
    IR - Sturm

Bench - Dubinsky (C, LW), Ribiero (C)

Dobber Sports Padawan

I grabbed him, as he's expected to start this week. I don't expect miracles from him or anything, but he might help down the stretch. They hurried him up from the AHL, so I get the sense they're not thrilled with Mclinney(?...McLinchy?). When Hillier gets back its a whole different story, but if Emery can put together a few solid games I think he'll definitely take McLinnchey's(?) place for the time being.

I wouldn't sell the farm on him, but if you have someone who's droppable he may be worth the risk at this point in the season.
    One year. 14 team. Roto. No positional requirements.

Scoring Categories: G, A, SOG, FOW, +/-, PIM, Hits, SPct, GAA, W

F: Nash, Backes, Getzlaf, M. Koivu, Vanek, Jagr, Clowe, Horton, Stewart, Ott, Z. Kassian
    D: Suter, Seabrook, Diaz, L. Schenn, Robidas
    G: Lundqvist, Varlamov, Theodore

IR: Burns

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I like Soco's advise here - I grabbed Emery in a one year league by dropping Turco which was pretty easy to do. I can see where you might want to grab Emery but not sure you have an easy drop to make - maybe Myers or McCabe for now?