Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dobber Pro Hockey pool

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Dobber Pro Hockey pool

so explain a little more how this works , i think i understand but curious as to whether i can do anything to change the #\'s in any of the positions. c: +30 , lw: -7 , rw: +6 , d: -16 , g: +7. i want to compete with you guys so let me know if i\'m screwed or not,lol.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Ninja

Right now you are 30 games over at C. The only way to start lowering that number is to stop playing your centremen. Eventually that number will drop back down closer to 0 (but of course you\'ll miss out on all of the points)

What this basically means is that if you can trade a C (30 over) for a D (16 under) then you can start balancing out your roster more. - This is in theory. In actuality it\'s tougher to do since D men are usually at a higher premium then C.

Dobber Sports Expert

To add to what doulos is saying: You will stop collecting points from your centremen with 30 games remaining in the season.

Dobber Sports Expert

doulos wrote:
    Repenttokyo is correct (and now only 7 points ahead of me!)
    curses!

Dobber Sports Genius

another question , if i only have one player playing tonight is it better to bench my whole team as opposed to leaving them in?
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

Dobber Sports Ninja

No, leaving a player in the lineup who is not playing will not effect your games played at all.

Dobber Sports Genius

wow , i am screwed , i thought i had 30 games available above the remainder at center and less at defense now you guys inform me i hadit backwards , explains my eratic behavior lately , now i have to dump centers for def and lw\'ers.i\'m done like dinner , great fun though , not bad for my 1st kick at the can in this format.thanks guys.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I made you a trade offer. I think we can help each other both try and catch Repenttokyo!

Dobber Sports Expert

why was this thread moved to the one year pools section? It\'s the official dobber hockey pool, middle tier - that\'s why it was in the Site Announcements section.

Dobber Sports Ninja

It makes sense to have it here actually. The only people that really care are those of us that are in it

Dobber Sports Ninja

With about 20% of the season left to play, the Dobber Pro League has seen some movement, but not so much at the very top.

Repenttokyo still holds a pretty commanding 15.5 point lead over second place and barring some kind of strange meltdown will likely win the inaugural Dobber Pro League, leading almost the entire year.

The battle for second place is still going on though with 4 guys having a shot at it.

1) Repenttokyo - 107.5 - Sitting at no lower then 6th in any single category, Repent picked up Ribiero for Havlat and Lehtonen in early February, taking care of some injury concerns he had and solidifying his lock on first place.

2) Doulos - 92 Points - I traded away Daniel Carcillo and Brent Burns to Smoothfun for Henrik Sedin as I was sitting quite low in Assists, Points and +/-. Smoothfun need the PIM and an upgrade on defense. A couple days after the trade Carcillo went down with injury though.

3) Smoothfun - 85.5 Points - In an attempt to try and pick up some points, Smoothfun was the winner of the Crosby sweepstakes but at a cost. He moved Ward, Price and Erat, and got back Emery, Crosby and Burrows in return. He\'ll be banking on Emery returning to form as well as Osgood and Garon to pick up wins along the way to stay in the hunt. Sitting at +28 in the C department, Crosby will be almost the only guy he\'ll start in that position down the stretch.

4) 87Flyers - 85 Points - He has the ability to move up some points as he is only barely trailing in several categories and could gain on 2nd and 3rd quite quickly with some luck. With Fleury returning he\'ll be hoping to get out of the basement in the area of goalie wins - this should be key to him snagging second place.

5) Hoopej2 - 83 Points - Hoopej2 identified his biggest weakness as goaltending (currently sitting in the bottom 3rd in 3 of the 4 goalie categories) and made a move to fix the problem. He moved Stillman, Vrbata, Jason Blake and Kobasew and got back Murphy and Nabokov in return. Interesting move that could really help him move up over the next few weeks.

Dobber Sports Expert

Great post Doulos - thanks for the analysis.

It was actually Jere Lehtinen whom I traded, in case anyone was curious, not Kari.

I think Crosby trade is bad for Smoothfun, as he\'s plus 28 in Centre games - with 15 games remaining, how many games will he get out of Crosby? Not many, and only if he benches all of his other C.

Luongo and Dipietro are giving me heart attacks every single night with their inconsistent stats!!!! With Labarbera out now, I only have those 2 to count on. I\'m also hoping that Samsonov and Cole will continue their inspired play, and that the return of Crosby will help Whitney find the back of the net some more. My weakest position is RW - after losing pretty much everyone to injury, I am hoping that Cleary will come back and resume his scoring so I can replace Samuelsson.

I just checked - I\'m actually no lower than 8th in any category, but goals is really tightly contested, and I fluctuate between 6 and 8 on any given night.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Since typing this up I also noticed that Flyers and Hoops are also in some pretty bad games played trouble.

I meant Lehtinen, nice catch there.

Dobber Sports Genius

as you guys have said the crosby deal realy is only a desperation attempt to get as many pts out of an elite forward who i\'ll end up playing alone at that posistion , but i\'m over in goaltending as well so it was a crap shoot . now i\'ll have to be selective with osgood and emery.this is my 1st kick at the can and i did\'nt understand or pay attention to the details very well,lol.it\'s been fun so far though.might have to offer up some centers.quick question , we do\'nt keep any of our players for next year do we? hockelifer and i discussed this and he said no , i was\'nt sure.probably would have thought longer about the crosby deal but still have made it if it was a keeper. thanks guys.

Dobber Sports Ninja

No this is a non keeper league. Just a one off deal.