Page 48 of 414 FirstFirst ... 38 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 58 98 148 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Guru

via twitter:

David Shoalts @dshoalts
    Toronto Maple Leafs' moves for tonight: D John-Michael Liles, F Colby Arnstrong return fm injury. Looks like Nazem Kadri, Keith Aulie out.

Dobber Sports Stud

In the end I think it ended well...

- Reimer gets a shutout - bound to be a confidence booster.

- MacArthur scores and the Grabo-Mac-Kulemin line seems to be finding that magic again.

- We got 3 (and should've arguably got 4) out of a possible 4 points in a B2B against a team we very well could be chasing for the playoffs.

- And next up - Sens on Saturday at Scotiabank place. I'll be there. Boo-yah.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Master

Well that was awesome. Great bounce back game boys.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    Am I the only one who still feels this way?

Good game tonight, but I"m still pissed off over yesterday's loss.

Dobber Sports Stud

So going to the game tonight!!!!

Any particular guys you want a look at?

I'm sure I'll keep an eye on Gardiner, Kessel, Lupul on the leaf side for sure (well, Gardiner if he dresses). Karlsson from Ottawa will have my attention as well.

I'm also going to keep an eye on Kulemin and Grabovski (a pair of personal favorites).

Exited!
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Master

So going to the game tonight!!!!

Any particular guys you want a look at?

I'm sure I'll keep an eye on Gardiner, Kessel, Lupul on the leaf side for sure (well, Gardiner if he dresses). Karlsson from Ottawa will have my attention as well.

I'm also going to keep an eye on Kulemin and Grabovski (a pair of personal favorites).

Exited!
    Have fun man!

I'm excited for this game, the biggest of our season to date. A win tonight is incredibly essential.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Master

I'll do some game notes later, but that was the best game of the season for the Leafs.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by TK12555 View Post
    I'll do some game notes later, but that was the best game of the season for the Leafs.
    Leave this to the guy who was in the house

Sooo.... was around the Leafs blueline, opposite of the benches, very high. Only area I really could not see were near the boards, but the play was barely on the boards.

Notes :

- Well, first, the atmosphere. The first time I went to a Leafs-Sens game that meant something. And the place was 70% leafs. I don't know if you guys on TV could hear, but we boo'ed Alfy, Go Leafs Go, cheered anything the Leafs did and chanted Reimer at the end there. It was insane. As close to ACC like atmosphere without the ACC. Very glad.

- Kessel decided he's turn his gears on tonight being a threat everytime he had the puck. Incredible. Loved that he scored and added 2 assists in the first period off two GREAT passes (the Bozak one was a thing of beauty live) that were central to the goals. He also had a few more great passes through the game.

- Lupul and Bozak, mostly the benefactors here but they also helped make that line the best one the Leafs had. Dangerous all night.

- Grabovski wasn't necessarily on his engine mode tonight, but him + Kulemin + MacArthur had a few nice playes. Seems like flashes of their chemistry are back.

- Lombardi was flying all night as well. Played very well. Armstrong and Connolly didn't seem to do much if at all. A bit disappointed there, but the Leafs as a whole were great, so if this is just a down game then so be it.

- And I think I understand and appreciate the importance of that Brown-Steckel-Crabb line. They were very, very effective. Quite a few plays where Brown would be a hatetrain. There was that one in the 2nd period where he bumped into Anderson, and then Crabb that got Carkner to get a roughing penalty after getting hammered. Steckel isn't overly physical (which you might think he would be to use that frame) but his stick is very active, very smart.

- Defence wise, Gunnarsson I noticed was great when I put my eye on him, which wasn't often since I had to focus him if he was on the ice. Barely noticed him but when I did he was doing his job. Glad we have him.

- Liles, Franson can move that puck. Franson can shoot it damn hard as well.

- Phaneuf was head hunting a few times. Almost nailed a guy once or twice (which reminds me Brown almost got destroyed a few times). Schenn also was very physical. I know I cheered a hit or two of his quite often.

- And the gem was Gardiner.... boy oh boy. If ever you watch him, look at how he goes from forward to backward (180 flip) like if he was walking - one fell swoop. He makes skating look easy. And he was awesome tonight. I didn't check TOI but he must have played around 23 easy. He and Schenn were the top pair tonight I found. Gardiner did have a few bad plays be he broke up and created more plays then mistakes.

- And couldn't have asked more from Reimer. Then again, he didn't have that many hard saves to make in my opinion. Looked like he wasn't super confident in warm up, always looking behind him. I thought that may mean a confidence issue. Glad it wasn't. It really didn't seem like 49 shots against, either. He was chanted for the last 3 minutes straight. We made sure he felt at home :P

(edit) - The PP Was mobile : we really missed Liles on it. Big time. And it was lethal too on our many chances. The PK also seemed much more agile and dynamic. Huge bonus.

Aaaand... I think that's all that really has to be said. It was a big game and we nailed it. 3 of our goals came from the defence, and 3 if not 4 goals came from someone on the right hand side, and the other was a beauty pass from Kessel to spring Bozak on a break.
    Last edited by Nights; February 4, 2012 at 11:36 PM.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Master

Thanks nights.

Was it just me, or was Connolly invisible tonight?

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks nights.

Was it just me, or was Connolly invisible tonight?
    As mentioned in my post, him and Armstrong were both pretty invisible.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Master

As mentioned in my post, him and Armstrong were both pretty invisible.
    Oh, didn't see that one haha.

Armstrong had 2 very good scoring chances. Connolly just did nothing, somewhat disappointing.

Dobber Sports Master

Can you tell the trade deadline is approaching? Try 28 scouts/executives from 22 NHL teams here for Oilers-Leafs game tonight at ACC
    Okay, that's crazy.

Dobber Sports Stud

Okay, that's crazy.
    Holy shit.

And I was wondering after that Tuesday loss if Burke would pull the trigger if Wed didn't go well.

Well, 2 shutout wins later...

Burke has to be close to something, but what? when? how?

All burning questions. And while I'l fairly sure most of those are there for Edmonton, you can't help but know that a few are looking at Toronto again.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Master

There was a list of the 8 teams not represented....I think it was CBJ, LAK, MTL, NYI, NYR, BUF, and two others I can't find.

Dobber Sports Master

So this game clearly is a beta test for the RDO camp where no defence is allowed, right?