Page 38 of 414 FirstFirst ... 28 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 48 88 138 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Rookie

Among the obvious, I really liked Franson tonight

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

as long as our defence stays healthy (liles and gardiner's skating is huge for the leafs, something they didnt have last year), and as long as lupul stays healthy so his chemistry with kessel doesnt go down the shitter, the leafs should make the playoffs. cant believe i just said that last line especially with reimer out.

Dobber Sports Guru

They looked great tonight. Absolutely skated circles around the Tampa d corps. Most of what I was going to say has been said so I won't reiterate but in gotta say man Gardiner is one hell of a skater. He trusts is skating ability so much, Numerous times tonight he did a little circle at the blue line pressing in as if to pinch down but as he does it he is already on his edges heading back, to cover. It's hard to explain and I haven't been able to find a clip but he really can generate some quick acceleration and therefore can take little "risks" like I'm referring to. He also drew a penalty but basically skating straight by the whole Tampa team. He is really fun to watch.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    They looked great tonight. Absolutely skated circles around the Tampa d corps. Most of what I was going to say has been said so I won't reiterate but in gotta say man Gardiner is one hell of a skater. He trusts is skating ability so much, Numerous times tonight he did a little circle at the blue line pressing in as if to pinch down but as he does it he is already on his edges heading back, to cover. It's hard to explain and I haven't been able to find a clip but he really can generate some quick acceleration and therefore can take little "risks" like I'm referring to. He also drew a penalty but basically skating straight by the whole Tampa team. He is really fun to watch.
    He makes it look so easy...
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hey guys. I don't really wanna look through the entire thread but could I get some insight on Kadri from a fantasy and NHL stand point? What is his potential? How is he developing?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by nyihater4life View Post
    Hey guys. I don't really wanna look through the entire thread but could I get some insight on Kadri from a fantasy and NHL stand point? What is his potential? How is he developing?
    He is a point per game player in the AHL right now and Im assuming they will be keeping him down for a while barring more injuries to the Leafs. Right now would have been his best opportunity to get back into the Leafs lineup because of all the injuries, but they opted to bring Colbourne up first (rightfully so). Frattin, Colbourne, and even Crabb have been playing some good hockey lately so I imagine they will stay up until the injured players return. They seem to want him to work out all his defensive shortcomings in the A instead of jumping him in and out of the lineup like last year. I thought he played pretty well in the preseason and he definitely has the tools to create some offence. I think the next look we see of him in the NHL, will be the best indicator of the type of player he is going to be.

Dobber Sports Stud

Ron Wilson: Reimer likely to back up Saturday at #Bruins. Game action to be determined after that. #Leafs #NHL
    source

So... about time.

*pokes TK out of his hibernation*
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Master

Thank god. Now I'm not gonna resort to the fetal position every time the puck enters our zone. I heard this morning and was quite excited.

Also....let's just pretend (dream) we have Bobby Ryan, okay?
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by TK12555 View Post
    Also....let's just pretend (dream) we have Bobby Ryan, okay?
    ...Why pretend? It's gonna happen!

Just like the Tavares, E. Staal, Getzlaf, Richards, Carter, Nash and every other pipedream.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    ...Why pretend? It's gonna happen!

Just like the Tavares, E. Staal, Getzlaf, Richards, Carter, Nash and every other pipedream.
    Carter was actually insanely close on multiple occasions haha

But Ryan could be interesting. Burke adores the kid, and the Leafs have what's needed to acquire him.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Genius

Hey guys, any insight on Grabovski and his line? Are they getting chances? Do they appear close to turning it up? Is Grabo a drop in points only leagues?

I know he can run hot and cold, but now that his line is no longer the "go to" I'm wondering if he'll put up relevant numbers this season.

I'd appreciate any insight you can offer.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Hey guys, any insight on Grabovski and his line? Are they getting chances? Do they appear close to turning it up? Is Grabo a drop in points only leagues?

I know he can run hot and cold, but now that his line is no longer the "go to" I'm wondering if he'll put up relevant numbers this season.

I'd appreciate any insight you can offer.
    It's really hard to say at this point as there have been suspensions, injuries and the fact that they aren't "1A" anymore. They haven't had many games to be able to pick up any chemistry, and all of them started lighting it up later in the year (December-on) last year.

I'm confident all of them (Kulemin, Grabovski, MacArthur) will hover around the 55 point mark or so mostly due to the lack of ice-time. However, ler's also remember the ice-time is currently going to the red flaming hot Lupul-centerman-Kessel line. Once they cool down, you'll be sure to see the other 3 rack up the ice-time.

Grabovski just came back from injury last game or two, and was on the 3rd line to get back into shape, as Kulemin-Connolly-MacArthur is also working pretty damn good from what I read. I'll watch for myself tonight. And since at various parts MacArthur was suspended/injured himself, the chemistry might take a while to come back since Kulemin's been assorted all over the place.

The Leafs in general are a case of being stupidly red pepper hot (Lupul, Kessel, Phaneuf and etc...), building chemistry (due to) and injured. So it's hard to use the past quarter seasno as a good way to gauge the rest of it. But I'd say that the KGM line has a good chance of picking it up and finishing around 55 - and like I said, who's gonna be thrown out there once (rather if) Lupul + Kessel both cool down?

Exactly.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Genius

Thanks so much for the input, Nights. I really appreciate it. For sure, if you notice anything tonight I'd love to hear your thoughts. For now it sounds to me that Grabo should maybe ride the pine on my team while he gets back into game shape and starts to gel again with his old line. I know when he's going he looks fantastic out there.

I'm thinking Alfie is a better drop for me in a points only league. Would you concur?

Anyway, thanks again, Nights.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Thanks so much for the input, Nights. I really appreciate it. For sure, if you notice anything tonight I'd love to hear your thoughts. For now it sounds to me that Grabo should maybe ride the pine on my team while he gets back into game shape and starts to gel again with his old line. I know when he's going he looks fantastic out there.

I'm thinking Alfie is a better drop for me in a points only league. Would you concur?

Anyway, thanks again, Nights.
    You're asking a Leafs fan whether or not you should drop Alfie? Really?

I watched most of last night - half-payed attention for the last half or so - and Kulemin - while not on the scoresheet much - was still generating chances for himself and his line-mates (those being Connolly and MacArthur at the moment) and Grabovski - while used sparingly but at ES played with Steckel and Kessel - looked really good as well. His power-ish game that relies more on speed just doesn't work much against a big bad team ala Bruins. but the whole team had problems. Kulemin's like a mini-winger version of Datsyuk - he has a great two-way game with hands to complement it on occasion (hence mini). If he's not on the scoresheet, it's not because he's doing something wrong. While 18 games or so is quite a bit long, he's also streaky and more of a second half performer (has beed for 2-3 years). And again, with Kessel - Lupul being red hot, they're getting a ton of minutes that would've usually gone to Kulemin last year.

It's not for lack of generating chances and pressure - it's a lack of that lucky bounce going in right now.

EDIT : Wow, I thought it was Kulemin I was supporting in this thread lol. I've just been supporting the both of them so much lately.

As for Grabovski, as I said, he's a vistim of timing right now. Bozak being red-hot with Lupul and Kessel forced Connolly to go with Kulemin when both Grabo and Mac were injured. And then Mac came back and Connolly + Kulemin + Mac looks really good. And Connolly kind of has to get his minutes. So Grabovski is relegated to 3rd/4th line (and with Steckel and Colborne up right now, there's not much ice-time to go around down the middle). Grabovski's an "engine" player (to use a term I've read over here a few times). He pedals and pedals and pedals, doing whatever it takes to generate anykind of momentum - whether it be drive the net, hit, flick a move, anything. He doesn't stop. He had a goal last night if I recall (the first Leaf one) doing what he does - work hard and work often.

He was being shifted with Steckel and Kessel and was very noticable out there. Then again, he only played a shade over 12 minutes. 2nd least among forwards (Rosehill with 3 was worst). Take into consideration that :

- The Leafs were within one or tied most of the game, and Lupul-Bozak-Kessel were buzzing, so was the Kulemin-Connolly-MacArthur line.
    - The 3rd line of Crabb-Colborne-Frattin still need some ice-time as they were effective (and you have to get physical against the Bruins to stand a chance - they also were pretty good, especially Crabb who was doing a lot of good things out there) and
    - The Leafs killed 5 penalties - where the PK pairings are Kulemin-Connolly, Steckel-Crabb right now, with Bozak getting some time in there as well (Kessel on occasion - he has a nice SH breakaway) and
    - Leafs only had 2 forwards play over 17 minutes last night (Kessel at just about 21 and Lupul at 18:41) so Grabovski was only 2 minutes or so behind most forwards (6 leaf forwards between 14-15 minutes) aaand
    - It was only his second game back from injury. He had just under 14 minutes during the win against Anaheim on Sunday.

All in all, he's recovering and he my not be scoring but he's looking good. And last year he absolutely torched December. He just got a goal against Boston. Let's see how it goes...
    Last edited by Nights; December 1, 2011 at 3:29 PM.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Guru

http://www.dobberhockey.com/forums/s...d.php?t=119342

check out this thread about our beloved GM